Monday 22 June 2020

The Literal Booker Legacy - The College Years: Part 1, The Smell of Freedom


Hello and welcome back to The Literal Booker Legacy!

The college chapters were kinda difficult for me to put out because I've picked up a new hobby, cross sitching, and I've kinda just been obsessed with doing it and watching RuPaul's Drag Race in the background, and if I'm not cross stitching, I'm watching k-dramas.

I apologise for the wait and I hope you enjoy this chapter!




Waters: “Ah, finally. Freedom. It smells so good.”


Waters: “Wow, I didn’t realise my scholarships were worth that much! Look at this place!”

It’s actually a lot smaller than the original Booker campus house but again, I did cheat a little bit because I didn’t restart on my own accord so it felt fair to take back what I had lost.


The first thing Tes does when she enters the new house is declare her major. As she wants to become a celebrity chef, she enters the art course.


And then proceeds to check out some of the campus hotspots.


Someone didn’t grow out of their favourite childhood hat.


Waters: “This would be cooler if Dante was here. We could do a sibling band!”

Like the Osmonds!

Waters: “The Os-who?”


Phoebe: “Hello Gray! Didja miss me!”

Boy am I glad you’re the first witch to spawn instead of Frances.

Phoebe: “I always aim to please. Speaking of being pleased, what happened to my protégé?”

… A fire. A terrible, nasty fire. There were no survivors.

Phoebe: “Oh, that is terrible…”


Waters: “Since you’re the only guy here, I’m gonna just talk to you for a while so I can call you later.”

Magnus: “Um, that’s cool, I guess.”


Waters: “Cute and blond. Jackpot!”

Magnus: “Miss, I can hear you.”


Waters: “I thought college would be more fun than this. There are no cute boys anywhere!”

You could use the campus directory and talk to a few? Maybe make a group?

Waters: “Nah, that sounds like too much work. I’m sure things will pick up when Dante arrives.”


Doing your term paper?

Waters: “I may be the kinda girl who likes to explore her options but I know one thing for certain – I want to be a celebrity chef and I’m gonna be one. So I gotta get a good score.”

I know another way to get good grades… A way that is completely up your alley…


After coming home from class later that day, Waters found the house to be invaded by the college’s rival mascot.

Cow Mascot: “Take this Legacy Sim!”

Waters: “That is not how you say hello to a lady!”

… They didn’t hit it off.




Waters: “Huh?”


Cow Mascot: “Made you look!”


Cow Mascot: “Wow, Gray, your sims have become progressively dumber!”


Waters: “Outrageous!”


Waters: “Get out of here you Monique Heart wannabe before I turn you into my next plate of hamburgers!”


Waters: “Oh for the love of Christ.”

Welcome to college! You thought you’d have privacy? Well, you were wrong.


What’s up, Professor?

Ash: “Well, I noticed that miss Booker was struggling in our previous lesson and so I looked up her address in the campus directory and thought I’d better offer up some advice on how to improve her grades.”

She’s getting a 4.0!

Ash: “Well… Er…”

Oh, my God. You thought she was cute, didn’t you?

Ash: “Swish!”


Waters: “Professor Taylor! How… pleasant?”

Ash: “Miss Booker, you look… articulate today.”

Waters: “Is that supposed to be a compliment?”


Waters: “Oh well, I don’t mind if you’re charming and clumsy, I’ve heard you’re one of the cutest professors in the college so I guess I should count myself lucky that you ended up being mine.”


She looks so pleased to be flirting with him, doesn’t she? *snicker*











Waters: “Wow, do you kiss all your students like that, Professor?”

Ash: “Only the promising ones.”

Townie: “Escandalo!”


Oh dear, Professor Ash has fallen under Tes’ spell!





Ash: “Tes, don’t forget you have an exam in two hours.”

Waters: “Ugh, don’t talk about class after woohoo, that’s sick.”


I have a feeling Tes is gonna do well in her exam…


Waters: “Hey, Magnus! Thanks for coming over at such short notice. I literally just finished my exam and I am dying to unwind.”


Magnus: “Got any ideas?”

Waters: “Just one.”





Magnus: “Well, you are very cute.”








Like a fly ensnared in a spider’s web, Magnus too falls for Tes’ charms.





Of course, Tes can’t forget her fool-proof plan of getting top marks in class.

Mailman: “These kinds of public displays of affection are disgusting!”

You got that right.





I think Tes is gonna get another 4.0 at the end of her Freshman year.


Amar Sebastian: “For some reason I hate the family that occupies this house!”

Jeez, maybe you should be more hateful towards the person who put you in those clothes and hair… Yikes chrispies!


Waters: “Oh. Is he here already?”

‘Fraid so!


Waters: “Dante! I’m so glad you got here safely… Not sure about the outfit though…”

Dante: “The feeling is mutual.”

Waters: “Hey, these abs got us an extra $1,500 to spend on pizza and stuff. Don’t be hatin’.”


Of course, Dante needs to have a makeover and now that he’s out of the house and free to explore, Dante finds he prefers more… eye-catching clothes.

Waters: “Hell yes, I love the boots, I love the hair. You are the best little brother ever.”


Dante: “Really, you like it? You don’t think the jeans are over the top?”

Waters: “Even if they are, who cares? You look stellar!”


Waters: “But you do have some lint here…”


Waters: “And some loose threads there…”


Waters: “There, now you look spectacular!”


Dante: “Oh, hey Dad. Yeah, I got here fine. Tes? She’s fine too… Huh? No, I don’t think we’ve had any break-in’s yet… Oh, Tes wants to talk to me. Gotta go. Talk to you later. Love ya, bye!”


Waters: “There's a club nearby with a pool table. Wanna swing by for a game for old time's sake?"


Dante: “Tes, this place is kinda…”

Waters: “Gaudy, I know but, maybe we’ll meet some cute guys here?”




Demi: “Cute guys? You’d be so lucky. Guys don’t come here.”

Waters: “Well, shit, Demi, you just blew everything, huh?”


Dante: “She’s right, no cute guys here at all. Let’s just go home, I have my first class tomorrow.”

Waters: “Ugh, what a waste of time. Sorry, Dante.”

Dante: “Sorry for what? I got to hang out with my sister again.”

Waters: *Tearing up* “I love you.”


Phil: “Thanks for offering to tutor me, Dante. You’re like, the smartest kid in the class.”

Dante: “Well… I dunno if I’d say I’m the smartest…”


Phil: “No. You are. You got great grades on your last mock and the professors love you.”


Dante: “I don’t think they “love” me so much as they’re embarrassed because they thought I was a girl.”

Phil: “Pfft, gender is a social construct. You look sick with that long hair and those boots, don’t let them get you down. Whaddaya say? Wanna help me out?”

Dante: “Sure.”








Phil: “Damn, damn, damn! I thought Uranus was the one with the rings!”

Dante: *Help me*


Phil: “Hey, Dan - Can I call you Dan – What is M in E=MC2 again?”

Dante: *Help me!*


Dante: “Wow it sure is getting late, huh. You better get home and rest up before the exam tomorrow.”

Phil: “Thanks for helping me, Dan, you’re the coolest guy I know.”


Dante: “Whoa! No problem!”

Phil: “Sorry, was that too much?”

Dante: “No. Not at all…”


I just wanted to show off the fact that Dante and Tes have matching PJs!


Dante: “No, Phil, I don’t think a 3.9 is a bad GPA to have… I mean, you finished Freshman year, right?”


Kevin Beare makes an appearance on the lot. I wonder if Tes has set this up.


Townie: “She’s like this with all the guys.”

Yeah, she’s a romance sim. Duh.


Waters: “You know, I’ve been watching you in class and I can’t help but think you’re the cutest guy there.”

Kevin: “Me?”


Waters: “Yeah, you.”

Kevin: “I’m flattered.”


Waters: “Why don’t we head inside and talk a lil more, Kev.”

Kevin: “Call me Kevin.”

*snort* Sorry.


I don’t think this constitutes as talking.

Waters: “Back off, Gray!”


Dante: “God. Disgusting.”


Dante: “Tes, you have a room upstairs, y’know.”

Waters: “Thanks for reminding me.”





Totally not planning on having Kevin make a reappearance in the spares update and potentially father Tes’ kids…


Waters: “Thanks for a fun time, but I gotta go to class now. Stick around, I think my brother’s making dinner.”


Lobster thermidor for Tes’ guest? You’re too kind, Dante.

Dante: “I just don’t want to eat Tes’ burnt attempt in the fridge. That’s all.”

Fair enough.


Kevin:  “You’re Tes’ little brother?”

Dante: “That’s what they tell me.”


This got awkward quickly.


Uh oh, Tes has set her sights on a new victim.


Dante: “Oh, hey Phil. No, I’m not busy… why? … You wanna meet up? Sure!”


I still haven’t put in a Downtown area yet, call me lazy.

The two decide to meet up at the campus café.


Dante: “Want a coffee, I’ll pay.”

Phil: “Thanks man.”


Phil: “I honestly thought college would be a breeze but man… I was so wrong.”

Dante: “Aw man, I was gonna sit next to Phil.”


Dante: “What did you think about the lecture on black holes and mass calculation, Phil?”

Phil: “I didn’t really get it. Is Professor Seb honestly right that black holes don’t just suck everything up? I feel like every sci-fi movie has been a lie…”

Townie: “Oh man, I don’t feel safe in this conversation.”


Dante: “Well, they’re not incorrect, they’re just not correct either.”

Phil: “Too confusing but it was kinda cool to see that photo of a black hole.”

Townie: “I’m outta here.”


Dante: “The coffee was nice and all, but I think my sister wants to chill and play SSX tonight so I’m gonna have to bail.”


Phil: “Aw, man, really? I was hoping we could hang out more… Watch some movies or something?”

Dante: “Watch movies? Um.”

Dante, oh my god, just invite him over! Tes will understand!


Dante: “Sure, why don’t you come back to mine and we can watch some movies.”

Phil: “Rad.”


Frances: “I’m baaack!”


Frances: “Ah, it feels good to be wicked!”


Phil: “A witch!”

Frances: “Look that my cat! Look at that cat!”


Dante: “I know you said you wanted to play SSX tonight but Phil…”

Waters: “You want me to clear off, right? That’s cool, Dante.”


Waters: “Good luck!”

Dante: “Thanks, Tes.”


Phil: “Where’d your sister go?”

Dante: “She had some work to do upstairs and didn’t want to get distracted by the movie.”

Phil: “So it’s just us two?”


Dante: “Yeah… Is that okay?”

Phil: “Hell yeah it’s okay, man.”


Phil: “Jeez, it’s midnight already. Thanks for inviting me over to watch a movie, Dan, but I gotta get going.”

Dante: “Thanks for coming over, Phil.”











Dante, internally: “Whoa whoa whoa!”


Dante: “Ow! My nose!”

Phil: “Oh, I’m so sorry, man!”

Dante: “Were you intentionally trying to kiss me or something?”


Phil: “Yeah… I was trying to kiss you.”

Dante: “Cool.”

Phil: “Cool.”

And that is that for the first part of Tes and Dante's college adventures! 

Thank you for reading, see you in the next part!

Until then, bye~

No comments:

Post a Comment