Saturday 21 November 2020

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 9, Chapter 5: You Make me Feel so Young

Spoiler-y title card is spoiler-y.

Welcome back to the Literal Booker Legacy. This is the last official chapter of the generation, following the usual 2 college chapters before the epilogue.

And yes, there is an heir poll at the end (so I hope you know who you're voting for!).

Let's begin!

Whilst I share your enthusiasm for the Glee soundtrack, Kwan, I need you to unclog the toilet for me.

Kwan: “Why do I have to do this?”

Your sibling’s “skilling”.

Kwan: “What does that mean!?”

Kim: “This juicer is magnificently powerful! Like a true beast!”

Maid: “Sure, kid.”

This is just an ordinary day in the Booker’s household.

Murakami: “No, Kwan, being gay doesn’t mean I’ll wear a dress. Do I look like a drag queen to you!?”

Kwan: “Dude, you don’t want me to answer that.”

Murakami: “Let me just fill Autumn’s bowl before I leave.”

Leave? Where are you going?

Murakami: “College! Cute college boys here I come!”

Bye Murakami! I’ll see you very soon.

Murakami: “I don’t get any rest from you do I?”

Nope, sorry. Hehe.

Kwan: “So Dad, that just leaves me and Kim. You feelin’ old yet?”

Dante: “Don’t bully your father, son.”

Blair: “Score! My bed is still here! My children were conceived here!”

Blair why can I see your midriff?

Blair: “I’m trying something new. What do you think?”

I think I’m horrified.

This household is CHAOS! I’ve missed it so much.

Soooo… Funny story, true story – Kim is actually friends with Kwan but Kwan has a negative relationship with them.

So.

I’m making them both hang out to up their relationship.

Guess which one is the knowledge sim. Hint, it’s not the one smiling.

Ah, this looks more like it.

Kim: “Homework’s for squares.”

Kwan: “You’re just saying that because you struggle.”

Kim: “… No!”

Ladies and gents, allow me to introduce my performance piece – Teen Struggles.




Kwan: “Why won’t you take a photo of me? I’m not struggling.”

That’s not fun, Kwan.

Andrej: “I’ve never been approached in the bathroom before.”

Andrej: “No, we don’t flirt in the bathroom! It’s disgusting!”

Kim: “Geez, okay.”

Andrej: “No flirting in the bathroom.”

Pillowfights are okay outside though.

Sims.

Kim: “I’ve been humiliated today! I need retribution in the form of a cute boyfriend!”



And once again, I donated $5,000 to the Matchmaker’s funds.

Okay, he’s either a face 2 OR he’s a broken template. Either way Abhijeet might just be the one.

Holy cow!

Kim: “Wow, you’re hot!”

Abhijeet: “So are you!”

A three bolter couple! Please don’t let Abhijeet be a broken fact template, I beg!

This is the easiest date I’ve ever watched over.



Well, Kim finally had their first kiss. So, I suppose that’s a success.

W-wait. What are you two doing?

N-NO! Not again! I can’t have a Ryman situation again PLEASE!

Why are you still outside!?

Kwan: “If I go inside, I’d have to pass them… No thank you.”

Kim: “How long have you been dating Cathy again?”

Kwan: “We’re waiting till we get married!”

Kwan: “My sibling is the worst.”

Dante: “What are you doing? I want to kiss you.”

Phil: “I passed by our children talking in the hallway and I think… they need to have the birds and the bees chat.”

Dante: “No.”

Phil: “Yes.”

Dante: “No, they are still children. La-la-la-la!”

Go away, please.

Heath: “No.”

This is it! The last Booker heir to age into an elder!

Here comes Tes and Kami to divulge in the celebrations!

Waters: “I wouldn’t miss my baby brother becoming old and grey before me.”

You seem oddly relaxed for someone who’s inching closer to death.

Dante: “You don’t understand. My job is done. I have produced three suitable potential heirs and all I have to is sit back and wait.”

True. I guess I’d be pretty chill too then.


Phil: “Son? You look different.”

Murakami: “Yeah, I’m in college now, Dad. You saw me leave?”

Phil: “No.”

Just ignore him, Phil doesn’t like to reminded that he’s getting old, obviously.




You know, the outfit isn’t bad but… The shorts have to go.

Dante: “And I still have the nail polish on!”

Why is he so cute as an elder!?

Dante: “You don’t find me repulsive now that I’m old, do you?”

Phil: “Are you kidding? You’re still smokin’ hot, babe.”

Phil: “Here, let me show you.”


Aw! Look at Autumn taking a mid-morning nap on Dante and Phil’s bed.

But she very desperately needs a bath.

Dante: “Don’t splash me!”

I love how she’s kept the dress on for this. Apparently the dogs do that in TS4 as well as I have discovered...


Dante: “You’ve been a good girl. Want to go for a walk?”

Autumn: “YES!”

Dante: “Of course you do!”

Autumn: “Keep the scritches comin’, old man!”


Dante: “I was watching that you little brat.”

Kwan: “I cannot miss this episode. The main couple is about to break up because the girl cheated on her boyfriend.”

Dante: “How you can stand that drivel I don’t know.”

*cough* Forest Miguel *cough*

Kwan: “Oh this is just so unnecessary.”

Kim: “You missed my little thing that showed that I became an overachiever.”

Yeah…

Kim: “Why?”

I’m terrible.

Kim: “Yeah, you are.”

Waters: “I feel like I live here more than my own house now!”

Murakami: “Auntie Tes, you did live here… You grew up here…”

Waters: “You know what I mean!”

I guess these two coming around for a party means one thing!

Kwan, couldn’t you have waited? There’s cake sitting on the counter.

Kwan: *scoff*

Phil: “Hooray!”

I missed the blowing out of the candles because I am terrible…

Where is his husband I hear you ask?

Asleep.

Nice one, Dan. At least I’m there watching Phil age up!

Phil: “Oh my back!”

Aw, he looks charming!

I think Dil? Phante? Are the cutest couple I’ve ever had.

Murakami: “What’s up with you?”

Waters: “We had a break-in when we were at college. I’m still angry about it.”

Murakami: “…Cool.”

And here they are! My final elder couple of the legacy! This is a huge milestone!

They are too cute and I am so happy for them!

Dante: “Who’s the slob who left a stinking bag of cookies out?”

That would be Kwan.

Ladies and gents, allow me to present Dante smustling near the compost in his PJs.

Embrace it.



Lilly: “Aw, aren’t you a good dog? Every time I come by this house they always have a new dog.”

Waters: “Nice. Digging holes in your PJs lil bro?”

Dante: “Not now, Tes.”

Dante: “Aw, who am I kidding? It’s always nice to see you.”

Kwan: “Hey, Kim, lemme give you a gift before I leave!”

Kim: “Leave me alone, Kwan!”

Kim: “Ow! OW! Kwan, that hurts! Dick!”

Kwan: “Ha! Are you gonna cry to Papa and Dad?”

Kim: “I can’t wait for you to leave.”

Kwan: “You’ll miss me when I go.”

Kim: “I don’t think so.”

That’s right. It’s time for Kwan to leave for college.

*sniff*

They’re growing up so fast.

Phil: “NO! My baby is leaving for college!”

Phil: “Be safe, son.”

Kwan: “Well, this is goodbye Gray. No more narrations of my day-to-day life. No more constantly being watched whilst I flirt with my girlfriend. No more-“

You know I’m following you to college, right?

*slam*

Oop. Tough crowd.

Phil: “Just one left to go.”

Dante: “We really nailed this parenting thing!”

Your nephew just left for college and you’re playing the guitar?

Waters: “And?”

Elizabeth: “They won’t talk to me. Ugh, it makes me want them more.”

They’re gay so… You’re not their type AT ALL Elizabeth. Maybe in my next legacy.

Elizabeth: “No. I don’t care if you’re their aunt. I was here first.”

Waters: “What on Earth are you talking about?”

Kim: *blissfully unaware*

Phil, do you remember what happened to your father-in-law on your wedding night?

Phil: “No, I was at work.”

No, he got abducted when you and Dante were… y’know.

Regardless, get in the house. Now.

I think Autumn misses Kami!

Also why is she stinky again!?

Kim: “I’m such a stud. Who wouldn’t want to get with this?”

Kim: “Oh hell yeah, I’m so cute.”

They kind of are cute, folks. No lies here.

Kim: “Oof, why does Autumn smell like week old garbage?”

Because she was rolling in week old garbage?

Kim: “Ugh, this problem is so difficult! What even is algebra anymore! Kwan, what did you get?”

Kim: “Oh… Right.”

Oop.

Kim: “Dang, he was right. I do miss him.”

I’m making a PSA. STOP MAKING LOBSTER THERMIDOR!

Dante: “Kim’s a growing teen. They need all the food they can get.”

There’s plenty of food in the fridge, Dan.

Kim: “Oh, hey, Abhijeet. You wanna come over? I’d love to see you again too, yeah.”

Blair: “M’wife.”

Christie: “I’M STILL ON THE FENCE ABOUT YOU, PHIL!”

Phil: “You’ve been dead for years!”

Christie: “MUAHAHAHAHA!”

Kim: “Oh, hey Grandpa.”

Looks like Kim’s a lot more enthused to see Abhijeet today.

Kim: “I want you to meet my parents. Is that okay?”

Abhijeet: “Does this mean we’re getting serious?”

Kim: “Sure, if you want.”

Kim: “Dad, this is my boyfriend, Abhijeet.”

Phil: “Well, aren’t you strapping? I can see why my child chose you.”

Kim: “And this is my Papa, Dante.”

Dante: “Oh! You must be the handsome devil my child has chosen as his running partner.”

Abhijeet: “Sorry?”

Kim: “Ignore him. He’s going senile.”

Abhijeet: “Funny. Now I’ve met your parents, I feel this super deep connection to you.”

Kim: “Me too. Is this love?”

Abhijeet: “It must be.”

Kim: “Sweet. It feels… really nice.”

Abhijeet: “This lobster is delicious, thank you Kim.”

Kim: “Oh, no problem at all.”

Kim: “Oh, dear God, he’s a slob.”

He’s cute though!

Abhijeet: “Kim, have I ever told you how smokin’ you are?”

Kim: “You’ve mentioned it a few times.”

Dante: *looks on disapprovingly*

Wh-what are you two doing in Christie and Blair’s room?

OH!

OH MY GOODNESS!

I’m just gonna-

I’ll be out here whilst you desecrate your grandparents’ bed, Kim!

I hope you’re proud of yourself.

Kim: “I always am.”

Christie: “YES! Our bed is still here!”

Blair: “I love our bed!”

You won’t love what your youngest grandchild did in it though.

Christie: “YOU’RE THE ONE WHO DEFILED MY GRANDCHILD!”

Abhijeet: “AAAAAAAH!”

Abhijeet: “Don’t kill me. Please.”

Abhijeet: “Oh, sweet merciful Jesus.”

Phil: “Today is a good day, my love.”

Dante: “Indeed it is.”

Why today? Well. Kim’s going off to college!

Which means that this generation is coming to a close and it also means HEIR POLL TIME!

Phil: “Love you, Kim!”

Kim: “I’m not so sure about this…”

You’ll love it there. Lots of cute boys.

Kim: “Well…”

Dante: “Bye, Kim! Be safe!”

Kim: “See ya around, Gray.”

You too, kiddo.

THERE THEY GO!

Dante: “Phil… You don’t think we’re too old now, do you?”

Phil: “Aha! On the contrary.”

Phil:You make me feel so young...”

Dante: “You’re such a cheese ball.”

Phil: “You make me feel like spring has sprung!”


And even when I'm old and gray
I'm gonna feel the way I do today
Because you make me feel so
Man, I just feel so
You make feel so young, so young

You Make Me Feel So Young - Chris Colfer & Darren Criss*

*It was originally sung by Frank Sintra, yes, but Criss' sultry tones was in my head when I wrote this scene.

Dante: “Ah, you know just what to do to make me feel better.”

Phil: “Always, love. Always.”


Heir poll time!


First up - First born Murakami Booker!


Middle child and the only straight one - Kwan Booker!


And lastly, the youngest and the only non-cis member of the Booker clan - Kim Booker!

Make your decision wisely: VOTE HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment