Friday 13 November 2020

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 9, Chapter 4: Hold me Closer, Tiny Dancer


So, remember when I said in the previous chapter that this one would be the last...

Yeah. I didn't realise how many photos I would take between then and now so there's actually another chapter after this!

Anyway, so far in this generation, Dante and Phil got married and had 3 wonderful boys, Murakami, Kwan, and Kim.

Phil: “The house is really lonely without a dog. Bring us the cutest puppy you have!”

Hello there, Autumn!

I decided to name our little puppy after my good friend apocalypticautumn who does the A B Chester: A Giekey Alphabetacy! It’s totally worth the read if you have the time, she’s naming all the kids after Pokemon.

This is totally not a way to get her back into playing her game at all nope.

Obviously Dante and Phil were too “occupied” to see the new addition – thankfully Murakami counts as a mini adult!


I think Kami likes her!

Okay, you can put the dog down now, Kami…

Kwan: “AAAH GRANDMA!?”

No, that’s Lulu…

Kwan: *BRAP* “Excuse me.”

Blair: “That child is such a disappointment.”

Maybe don’t say that in his vicinity?

Noelle: “I hope this isn’t the grandson that man wants to “set me up” with… That’s concerning.”

There goes Kami, off for his first day of work!

Kim: “Grandmother, I am requesting some assistance with my homework.”

Christie: “Kim, you talk strangely for a kid your age.”

Boy, you should’ve met your great-uncle Dickens… Now he was strange.

Kim: “Pwetty pwease?”

Christie: “Okay, now you’re laying it on too thick. Stop.”

Phil: “Ah, hello Headmaster Vince. I’m so glad you could make it. This is a dream of mine - I mean, my kids! - to attend your private school, that is!”

Vince: “I’m very glad to hear that.”

Phil: “This is our study and entertainment room.”

Vince: “Eh, I’ve seen better.”

Phil: “Gray, I thought headmasters liked the education bookshelf?”

Errrrr I dunno! Show him the career room!

Phil: “Here are all the rewards the family has picked up in its long run.”

Vince: “… Meh.”

Kwan: “BRAAAP!”

Phil: “SON!”

Vince: “Oh that’s far too uncouth.”

Phil: “Gee, I hope you like this room. This is my husband, Dante, making us a lobster thermidor for our dinner.”

Vince: “Lobster!? YES PLEASE!”

Waters: “I heard a gentleman needed entertaining.”

Dante: “You know, you could be of some help and like… flirt with the headmaster and get us into his good graces?”

Waters: “You’re giving me permission? Awesome!”

Vince: “Mr Booker, I am pleased to inform you that your three sons have been accepted into my prestigious academy.”

Dante: “Amazing. Please tell us which bed you and Tes did it in so we can burn the sheets.”

Phil: “Guess who just achieved their want, Autumn? It was me!”

Waters: “Hey, Kim, whatcha up to?”

Kim: “Aunt Tes, I may be young but my hearing is stupendous. Shall I tell Grandma and Grandpa what you did in their room?”

Waters: “On second thought I left a turkey in the oven…”

Sadly we have approached Blair and Christie’s last few days together so Phil, being the loving son-in-law that he is, is playing them a romantic ballad so they can slow dance together.


Dante has found the new dog.

Dante: “When did we get another dog?”

Ask your husband.

Dante: “Oh, she’s so cute! We’ll keep her!”

Good, I wasn’t planning on getting rid of her, Dan…

Christie: “Ah to be young and to have a snow day.”

Did you ever get a snow day when you were a kid?

Christie: “I can’t remember that far back.”

Funny… Neither can I…

Mr Penguin: “Don’t forget to always wear a hardhat when gaining mechanical skill.”

Mr Penguin: “If you don’t, it’s a slippery slope! Safety first!”

Kim: “Dad! You’re home! And in time for Kwan’s birthday too!”

Look at this big family!


Oof that mouth.

Kwan is a knowledge sim who desires to be a space pirate! He likes formalwear and underwear and doesn’t like black hair.

He’s also very straight.

Kwan: “I think I look good.”

I decided to let Kwan have an MP3 player so he can jam out.


Do you think he’s listening to Darren Criss’ version of It’s Not Right, But It’s Okay?

Christie: “Look at you, little Autumn! The only grandchild who won’t disappoint me.”

Murakami: “Gee, thanks, Grandma.”

Christie: “I think we need to talk about what’s going to happen when one of our times come.”

Blair: “Do we have to?”

Christie: “Yes, it’s important! If I’m first to go, you have to make sure that Dante and Phil know how to run the household.”

Blair: “I’m sure they can figure it out on their own like you did?”

Christie: “Dante is still a child! He has no idea how to run a household!”

Blair: “Eh, I wouldn’t worry. The kid’s popped out three babies and managed to top his career, I think he’ll be okay.”

Christie: “But-“

Blair: “Listen, we can stay and talk in the freezing cold, or we can go inside and get reacquainted with the bed and central heating.”

Christie: “You always have the good ideas.”


Cathy: “That don’t impress me much.”

Cathy: “Hey, look over there!”

Kwan: “Where?”

Cathy: “Gotcha!”

Okay, so the most tragic thing just happened. Christie and Blair were just sharing a dance in their room (as you do) and then…

DUN DUN DUN!

Grim: “Blair Booker, your time has arrived!”

Blair: “So soon?”

And just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse-

Grim: “Christie Booker, I’m afraid it’s your time to go too.”

Christie: “Oh yikes.”

Kim: “I’m angry!”

I know, kiddo. I’d be angry too if both of my grandparents died on the same day.

There they go. Both popularity sims and both left the world at the same time.

Blair Booker – you were the first townie to generate with one of the custom face templates I installed and you added some fantastic genetics, including that beautiful red hair, to the family!

You were an awesome father and super chill granddad. I’m gonna miss ya, bud.

Christie Booker. Confound you and that damn mouth. This legacy will end with trouty mouth and not in the Sam Evans kind of way, either!

Regardless, you were beautiful and you were entertaining and engaging. I’m gonna miss having you around and playing the guitar all the time.

Take care in the afterlife, bud.

And here they rest until the end of the legacy.

Murakami: “Hey, so, let me lighten up the sadness – I topped my career!”

Hooray! Kami’s an overachiever! One down, 2 to go!

Kwan has Cathy over nearly all the time now. I think he likes her.

No, I think he really likes her.

Phil: “NOOOOOOO! NOT MY  BABY!”

Cathy: “Huh?”

Phil: “I MEAN! NOOOOOO NOT MY BABY – MY TEAM! MY TEAM JUST LOST!”

Kwan: “Riight… I’m outta here, pops.”

Kim: “Dad, I got an A+! …Who’s this?”

Dante: “Someone familiar but I can’t figure out how…”

Heath: “Hey, Mr Booker, you sure you wanna keep this dog?”

Heath, you gotta go, pal. You’ve already had more than enough screen time in this legacy.

Heath: “Huh? How?”

I dunno. Consult the alternate universes!

Murakami reached max enthusiasm for his OTH!

Murakami: “I was born to be a rockstar!”

Autumn grew up! Isn’t she precious?

Dante: “I don’t care if Gray laughed when she picked out that outfit, you look cute.”

I didn’t laugh! At least, not in a malicious way. Please, Autumn, if you’re reading, I was only giggling because it’s cute!

It feels like this family is full of musicians almost. Everyone either goes to the guitar or the piano.

Phil: “Hey, there cutie. That outfit looks spectacular on you, but you know where else it would look good on?”

Dante: “Let me guess. The bedroom floor?”

Phil: “Bingo!”

I think these two bang more than any of my previous heirs. I mean, I don’t blame them because if you want it, get it but DANG.

Also.

Autumn: “I WANT TO BE ON THAT BED!”


Hey, Christie!

Christie: “Don’t mind me, just don’t my regular haunt.”

What do you mean “regular?”

Christie: “…”

Christie, what do you mean “regular”!?

Kwan: “God, you two are gross.”

Welcome to have two overly affectionate parents. It’s a nightmare.

Kwan: “Oh no!”

What’s up, chuck?

Kwan: “This is a disaster!”

What is?

Kwan: “It’s raining!”

Why are these sims so freakin’ dramatic?

Murakami: “Oh, hey Auntie Tes? Kim? No, his birthday’s today. Grandma? She… she died, Auntie.”

Waters: “WHAT!?”

Oh, my God. I just realised, neither Blair nor Christie got the chance to give her their final phone call! Oh my God!

I guess Waters had her moment to grieve and made her way to the last generation 9 kid’s birthday.



And here is Kim, all grown up!

He rolled Romance (this was a massive surprise tbh!) and he wants to be a Professional Party Guest. He likes big sims and black hair but doesn’t like red hair.

I think we’ve come full circle when it comes to genetics.

Kwan: “Never mind that dweeb – I’m an overachiever!”

Nice work, Kwan!

Kim: “Hey, Dads, I just want to talk to you about something.”

Phil: “That’s a cute t-shirt, kiddo.”

Kim: “Thanks… it’s actually what I want to talk to you about-“

Kim: “I’m not… I mean, I don’t… Feel… completely like a boy? I guess. I think I’m non-binary and I’d prefer to be referred to by they/them pronouns from now on.”

Dante: “I don’t see how that’ll be an issue, kiddo.”

Phil: “Yeah, as long as you’re happy. Be whoever you wanna be.”

Kim: “Thanks, Papa!”

Phil: “No problem. I love ya, Kim.”

Kim: “Love you too.”

After their brave confession and coming out, Kim also has a roof raiser party and I think that’s that, to be honest.

Also, if you’re confused as to why Kim’s wearing a t-shirt with the trans flag and not the non-binary flag, it’s because the white stripe on the trans flag actually means non-binary, agender, and gender neutral.

Plus, I’m not sure if I downloaded any cute non-binary t-shirts but I couldn’t really be bothered to check when that t-shirt was just as cute and still does the job.

With that, we say goodbye to this chapter and to Christie and Blair. Don't worry, the next chapter is definitely the last and will definitely have the heir poll following!

Thank you for reading!

Until next time!

See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment