Tuesday 10 December 2019

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 5, Chapter 2: Did you Know Pirates Had Bedtimes?


Welcome back to the Literal Booker Legacy!

Previously, Baldwin became our first male heir and married his college sweetheart, Serdar Shaikh. They had one son, Dickens, and Serdar was revealed to be pregnant with another child!



Shelley seems to dote on Dickens quite a bit.


But now, because gen five is here, Bronte needs to be moved to the family graveyard.


Ah! It’s so nice to see a succession of past Bookers!

I can’t wait to visit this place in Gen 10 and see how big it’s gotten!


Baldwin: “Whew, that baby is smelly!”

Serdar: “Aw, he is good boy, no?”


Oh, it’s time! Peachy’s giving birth!


I obviously took these photos with the assumption that I’d remember which puppy’s which…

Thankfully this little pup looks different than his sister.

This is Moony!


And the little pup with the green head is Poppy!

Poppy: “That stereo is too loud!”


Hooray for having more potential heirs!

Serdar: “My, little baby is coming.”


Serdar: “Wunderful news! I am expecting baby!”

Baldwin: “That is wonderful news, babe!”

Shelley: “Two puppies and two babies, yikes.”


Baldwin: “Did you hear, Dickens, you’re going to be a big brother!”


Baldwin: “You have to be strong and caring for your little sibling, be the best big brother you can be.”


Baldwin: “Oh, good, you’re awake. Dickens needs you.”

Serdar: “Aw, little baby, Papa is here.”


Morrison: “Hellooooo! Hello hello hello…”

The house isn’t that big, Morrison.

Morrison: “It’s bigger than I remember.

Angelou: “I’m sure the walls haven’t always been this colour…”

I haven’t made ANY changes since the wedding, I promise!


Baldwin: “Attention family members, the first child of the fifth generation is about to reveal their face!”


Morrison & Shelley: “Woohoo!”





Baldwin: “Serdar, he looks just like you!”

Little Dickens has Serdar’s nose, which I’m ecstatic about because I love it.

Dickens is a Sagittarius who is slobby, shy, active, super playful, and very nice.


First thing’s first, potty train that baby!


And then apparently Baldwin thought it was the best time to teach Dickens how to walk.


Here’s little Dickens.

Isn’t he just the Dickens!?

God, I hate my level of humour.


Serdar: “In my home country, we sing about sunflowers and snow. You, my child, shall also sing song.”

Dickens: “Sunflowers? Snow? I like snow.”

Fun fact, Charles Dickens, the author, not the sim, actually had consecutive white Christmases during his childhood (I believe seven years? I’m not 100% sure) and that’s what likely inspired him to include snowy winters/Christmases in his works.


Baldwin: “I would like to bathe our son now.”

Serdar: “I am not finished singing song!”


Serdar then immediately popped!

Dickens: “My goodness, father, you are rather big!”

All these blacked haired sims are genuinely confusing me. Last time I confessed to confusing Angelou with Shelley and Bronte and now I’m confusing Dickens with Baldwin.

I need genetic variation stat, before I begin to lose my mind.


Baldwin: “Oh, hello little one. You shall soon be arriving to the biggest, most loving family in the whole world!”


Baldwin then proceeds to play with Dickens’ jack-in-the-box.


Baldwin: “Well, that is delightful!”


Baldwin then put Dickens to bed, making sure he was comfortable before leaving him to dream peacefully.


When Dickens awoke, it was Serdar who bathed him.

Neither Serdar nor Baldwin have jobs because I decided not to give any sims jobs unless their LTWs required it. It makes it a bit easier with raising the kids (Even though Shelley only works one day a week) as well as caring for all the pups that continue to run through house.


Serdar: “This is our child.”

Baldwin: “Yes, I can see that, Serdar.”


Later that morning, Serdar was awoken from a nap with a big surprise.


Serdar: “OOOOW!”


I’m…

Outraged, honestly.

Black hair, blue eyes.

LORD why are you TESTING ME!


Well, I guess I should introduce the little tyke.

This is Wilde, named after Oscar Wilde. Oscar Wilde was a poet and a playwright first and foremost, having only written one novel in his lifetime – The Picture of Dorian Gray. His plays include, The Importance of Being Ernest, Lady Windermere’s Fan, A Woman of No Importance, and An Ideal Husband.

Oscar Wilde was also Irish, as a lot of people seem to not realise, and was imprisoned in the late Victorian era after being found guilty of committing homosexual acts and was known to have a very intimate relationship with the young Lord Alfred Douglas.

There is also a wicked movie starring Stephen Fry as Wilde, and Jude Law as Douglas called Wilde, and it is so very worth the watch if you’re interested in Oscar Wilde’s history.

(You can tell which Victorian writer I prefer out of Charles Dickens and Oscar Wilde, but I promise I won’t let my literary favouritism show through with these two sims).
Also hooray for having two boys in this generation!


Jupiter has found the water wriggler and is now obsessed with it.


Another cute snapshot of Dickens playing with a toy boat.


Not to fear, Grandma Shelley is here to make sure you get plenty of rest.


Shelley: “A little kiss for your forehead to bring you lots of luck.”


Shelley: “My, this baby smells.”

Maybe you should do something about it then?


Heath: “Up we go, little Dickens!”

On a rare day when Heath and Shelley are home, they spend most of their time in the nursery.


Because there isn’t any room in the nursery for another crib at the minute, Wilde is sleeping in his fathers’ room.

Unfortunately that means that Heath is always barging in to play and cuddle with the newborn.


Serdar: “Now, you say Dada.”

Dickens: “If I must… Dada!”

Serdar, sniffing: “I’m so proud of my little baby.”


Mailman: “God, no, not the corgis!”


Mailman: “Anything but the corgis!”


Poppy and Moony grow up and I cross them off my list. That’s 4 out of 20!

And off to the pet adoption service with you, you’ll be adopted by one of the spares in Everivory Fields.


Gotta hurry making more puppies!


Baldwin: “Ahem, your grandson is about to grow up!”


The whole family is here to celebrate Dickens and Wilde’s birthdays!











OH MY GOD NO.

He’s a … (censored) face clone!

I (censored) rolled the pacifier too!

Just my luck, no genetic variation AND two identical twins with a three day age gap!
Wilde’s personality is Cancer, and he is neat, outgoing, active, serious, and very nice.

Well, at least his personality is different…


Dickens: “Look at me now, look at me now!”

Very cute, Dickens, well done.


Once the party is over, Serdar sets Wilde to bed.


Even though he’s a face clone of Dickens and thus is just cute in general, I have to point out how much I love this hair with his face.

He’s a cutie.


Jupiter: “Psst, little siman, there is a cake over here.”

Jupiter, don’t try and kill off my sims!

Jupiter: “I cannot help it if they are dumb and eat cake.”


Meanwhile Dickens is just occupied playing with Peachy – maybe that’s why Jupiter is urging my little sim to eat Cowplant cake.

Maybe I should take him back to the pet shop and let him live on a farm with another male dog called Ganymede.


Whatcha up to now, Dickens?

Dickens: “Just skilling. I’ve been told that ever since my grandmother maxed all of her skills before college, you’ve made it an effort to do it for everyone.”

Don’t expose me as a lazy sim player!


Dickens: “Speaking of my grandparents, there they are being overly affectionate again.”

You’re awfully articulate, aren’t you?

Dickens: “Heh, am I rubbing off on you?”

Perhaps.


I don’t know if I’m giving Wilde more face time than Dickens but at this point, because they’re identical, I have to question if it matters.

Am I mad about the fact they’re carbon copies?

Yes. Yes, I am.


Baldwin: “Up you come, little fellow.”


Baldwin: “Now, come to Daddy!”


Oh, Peachy’s in labour again!


This is Padfoot.

Just for reference, I’m not actually a Harry Potter fan, I just couldn’t come up with a fun name.


And Apricot! To keep with the fun fruity theme!

Honestly, I don’t really know who is who because they look the same, but I’m just going with gut feeling.

Trust me on this.


Wilde: “I do not want to learn to speak, father!”

Serdar: “Aw, is cute when the babies talk back.”

Wilde: “I am not cute, either!”


Serdar: “Aw, you do not think you are cute, little dyetka?”

Dyetka is Russian for baby, just in case.

I was going to go full in and use the actual Russian spelling, детка, but I’m not a sadist.

Of course, I don't actually speak Russian so if I'm wrong, please let me know.


Dickens first day at school!


Dickens: “Goodbye, fellow simvilian.”

You can put down the adult-child act now.


Dickens: “Let’s see, my first day was relatively successful. My teachers say I’m a delight to teach.”


Dickens: “I’m afraid I’m only making a B+ at the minute, but I shall reach the top.”


Shelley: “You know, being a little genius doesn’t require speaking like an adult.”

Dickens: “You don’t say? How do you spell dystopian?”


It’s time for Wilde to join the land of the walking, talking, skilling childhood!


Angelou, I’m sure you have been busy with your own little family, but please try and make an effort.


See, Shelley and Dickens are trying too!


God damn it, you really are a face clone!

Oh well, this is the generation where I give up on trying to get rid of the black hair and accept that even if I roll the pacifier, sometimes I’ll have identical twins.

The thing that bothers me is that even Hardy and Lawrence, who are actually twins, aren’t actually identical either – they have different mouths!


Wilde: “This is what I’ve been living up to? Learning how to cook and fix broken objects?”

Amongst other things, yes.

Wilde: “Am I going to start writing novels too?”

I, er, don’t really do that unless sims roll a want for it.


Haha! I managed to catch a moment of Serdar and Baldwin being cute.





Dickens: “Captain Dickens requesting a First Mate, are you up to the task, Gray?”

Sure! I don’t know what you want me to do though.

Dickens: “No… Neither do I… Did you know that pirates had bedtimes?”

I did actually, and I suppose it’s nearly yours considering your pyjamas.


This is what Serdar and Baldwin do when the kids go to school and Shelley and Heath have gone to work.

It’s rare, but this moment of peace and quiet does actually exist.


Wilde: “A B+!?”


Wilde: “Do they not understand who I am named after?!”

I’m sure they do.


Baldwin: “Son, I’m sure your homework will get done quicker if you actually look at what you’re writing.”


Wilde: “Oh, alright. You win this time, Father.”


Shelley: “Either my vision is going or this dog is basically walking candyfloss.”

Neither.

Shelley: “Bewildering."


Dickens: “All that hard work and effort finally paid off! Those teachers recognised my talents and gave me the A+ I deserve!”

Well done!

And this is where we leave this chapter! Next time, two Booker sims reach teenhood and we lose our reigning matriarch.

Until then!

See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment