Thursday 19 December 2019

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 5, Chapter 3: Hello, Goodbye


Welcome back to The Literal Booker Legacy!

Previous we had two boys born into the legacy but they were unfortunately face-clones. But not to worry, we move on and we deal with the hands we are given!




Wilde, what are you doing in your grandparents room!?

Wilde: “Having some fun? Like kids are supposed to?”

Could you perhaps not make me fail this challenge by getting the social worker here? Get off the bed, now!


Dickens: “My rocket is travelling to Mars, where’s yours going, Wilde?”


Wilde: “I dunno. The moon, I guess.”


Peachy: “I do say, I think this family is mad.”

You wouldn’t be far from the truth.


Dickens decides to have a go at Bronte’s career reward!


Serdar’s getting attached to the puppies.

That might be bad news…


As they both grow up and will be sent off to the pet adoption agency.

This is Apricot and Padfoot, just in case you needed reminding (cus I did).


Wilde: “Oh, what is this strange letter? An A+?”

That’s good!

Wilde: “Oh, it is!”


Wilde: “Hooray! I am obviously the best!”


Wilde: “Look, Papa, an A+!”


Oh no! Tragedy has struck!

Heath’s met his final day!


Oh God, Shelley’s crying is actually devastating. She’s been with him since she was a teenager, this has to be absolutely heart shattering.


Shelley: “My soulmate!”


Heath Booker.

You were an interesting sim to play. Your devotion to your wife was unrivalled and you provided some interesting genetics to your children. Your love for Shelley shone through all of your hardships. There’s not a lot to say about you, you were rather unimpressionable, but somehow I’ll miss your random smustling.


And here he rests until generation six arrives.


Shelley: “I never thought I’d have to make his side of the bed… I thought I’d be the one to go first.”

I’m sorry, Shell.

Shelley: “His side… It’s still warm… *whimper*”


Baldwin: “Dad!”

Oh dear, the sims are waking up and are now aware of Heath’s passing.


Dickens: “GRANDPA!”

Wilde: “NO!”


Shelley, now feeling her mortality catch up with her, takes her time to say goodbye to her children.

Shelley: “Take care of your family, and your future family, Baldwin. Don’t let them go, keep them close and hold onto them tightly.”


Shelley: “Hello, Angelou, darling. I have some terrible news to share. Your father passed away the night before and I’m afraid I’ll be joining him soon… What? Oh of course I’ll see you at Dickens’ birthday party, I just… Well, I suppose it could have waited but I know how busy you are with the baby?... You adopted a toddler too? How good!”

We’ll leave these two to have their little conversation, I think.


Somehow the outfit you’re wearing and the music you’re playing don’t match up.

Serdar: “Is it not Elton John who plays the rock music in the fancy clothes?”


Fine.


Wilde: “When you’re bigger, will you still let me watch what I want on TV when I’m bored?”

Dickens: “Maybe.”


Baldwin seems to think that Serdar’s flamboyant rock and roll is utterly enthralling.


Dickens: “No family?”

Angelou: “Oh, he’s ready! Let’s hurry up inside!”


There you go, Dickens, you have your whole family around you.


Dickens, surprise surprise, rolled Fortune and wants to get six pets to the top of their careers.

Can we stop with the pets LTW! Baldwin’s burning me out already!

Dickens likes redhead sims who are fit and hates it when they stink really bad.


Dickens: “Whoa, wait, have they… been there the whole time?”

Um, the poster? Yeah, why?

Dickens: *randomises gay*

… OH!


Wilde: “I’m still the baby though, right?”

Serdar: “Wilde will always be the dyetka of the family.”

Baldwin: “Yeah, what your papa said.”


Dickens: “Hello, Father, please pay attention to me!”

Baldwin: *is loved up with Serdar*


Baldwin: “I guess now is the best time to get some dates.”

Matchmaker: “You have the $5,000, yes?”


Dickens: “Yes, yes, of course.”

Matchmaker: “Wonderful!”


I actually recoiled looking at your face, I’m so sorry.

Townie: Why, what’s wrong with it?

Look, we already had two interesting templates inserted with Heath and Serdar, I want a more… neutral face, no more large noses, please and thank you.


Oh, Peachy’s having more puppies!


Spiderman: “I don’t like the dancing sim!”


Welcome Spiderman and Maple Leaf.

I am seriously losing it with the names right now.

I laughed at myself when I typed in Spiderman – I think I’m losing my mind a little too.

What can I say? Spiderman is my favourite.


Hello, Heath!

Heath: “I heard from my mother in law that you change beddings!”

Oh my God, I haven’t touched your bed, you whiny baby!


Shelley: “Why are you called such a silly name, Spiderman? You’re such a cutie, you should be given a better name.”

Like Peter? Or Miles?

Shelley: “NO! Like an actual dog’s name, like Rufus or something.”

*snort* RUFUS!?


Wilde: “Dad, I do not mean to discredit your cooking skills, but is food supposed to sparkle?”

Baldwin: “Ours does for some reason.”

Oh, I just remembered because Shelley’s been gardening since Baldwin was small, I wouldn’t doubt this is the food he’s used to!


Dickens: “Grandma told me you had to fight Auntie Angie and Aunt Sonny for the role of the heir. Way to go, Father.”

Shelley: “It was a tough fight, indeed!”


Dickens: “Hey, Wilde.”

Wilde: “Zzz…”

Dickens: “Ah, you are sleeping then. Goodnight, little bro.”


Dickens: *mwah*


Shelley: “Oh, hey Gray, what’s up?”

Don’t 'what’s up?' me! You know fully well what’s up!

Shelley: “If you cry on me like you did with my mother, I will crash your game.”

Okay, okay, I won’t. I’ll miss you.

Shelley: “I guess you’ll have to bring me back in one of your other upcoming legacies/challenges.”

I will definitely have to.


And then, just as she was playing fetch with Jupiter, the Grim Reaper came a-calling.


Grim: “Shelley Booker, your time has arrived!”


Shelley: “Oh wait, my grandson just became an overachiever!”

Grim: “Congrats, shall we join your family and your husband by the poolside for 7pm mimosas?”

Shelley: “We shall!”


There she goes!


Shelley Booker.

You were the most resistant heiress I’ve ever known. I’ve never known a sim to resent winning the chance to reign a legacy. However, because you were chosen purely for your looks, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. You gave me three very interesting looking children and your love and adoration for Heath is something I cannot put into words.

I hope you’re proud of all you’ve achieved!

Rest well!


And there she stays, with Heath, until her time to go.


The next day, Wilde becomes a teenager.


Wilde: “I wish for *inaudible*”

I can’t hear you!

Wilde: “Silly Gray, if I actually say it out loud, it won’t come true.”

I guess…


Wilde: “I like this outfit.”

I don’t, we’ll fix you.


Wilde, who is still devastatingly a face clone of Dickens, rolled Family (YOI!) and wants to graduate 3 children from college.

He likes fit brunette sims and hates blonde hair.

Wilde: "Also!" *randomises straight*

I swear, the real Oscar Wilde is rolling in his grave. I’m sure Charles Dickens is also doing the EXACT same.

So, Dickens is gay, Wilde is straight…

What in the smurf-(censored) is going on!


Wilde: “I like this guitar! Didn’t Papa use to play this all the time?”

Yes, he did.


With the tragic fact of having two spaces available, Peachy gives birth to another puppy. Just one this time though.


This is little Arthur.

Arthur: “Turn that racket off!”

He’s named after my real life dog, Arthur, who was in fact named after the anime character Arthur Kirkland. Yes, you read that correctly, I named my cocker spaniel after England from Hetalia.

I was 15, leave me alone.


Here’s a photo of the real Arthur.


Spiderman and Maple Leaf grow up and leave the household! That’s 7 out of 20 now!


Dickens, get inside, it’s the middle of winter!


Peachy: “I like this music!”


Serdar: “Will that dog be quiet!?”


Oh, Baldwin, not you too!

Why do my sims have death wishes?


Baldwin: “Aw, another little puppy! What number are you, friend?”

Number eight.


And then!


Meet Alfred!

Yes, I went there!


Baldwin: “Serdar, you’re such a smooth talker.”

Serdar: “But I am not talking?”


Wilde, where did you get that video game from?

Wilde: “Internet.”

What.


Dickens: “He’s stood there playing video games whilst I’m struggling with this maths work! Abhorrent!”


Wilde becomes an overachiever!


Alright, Kimberley, I see you! Now get off the property!

Kimberley: “Hmph, you’ll be sorry you spoke to me that way.”

I’ll be sorry the day you and your witch brood make honest on your threats. I’m close to the end now and still nothing has happened.

Kimberley: “Nothing? Are you sure?”

Um…

Kimberley: “I thought so.”


No, Dickens, it’s too dangerous to be doing that at night!

Dickens: “But it needs trimming?”

It can wait! It can wait!


Wilde: “God, this sports show is boring.”


Serdar and Baldwin, once again, being cute and lovey-dovey.


Arthur has grown up!

Time to say goodbye.


Dickens: “Nooo! Not Arthur!”

Oh, God, I didn’t know sims actually do this if the pets they like get put up for adoption… That’s really sad…


Dickens: *sniff*


Meanwhile, Serdar and Baldwin are criticising their youngest son’s game playing ability.


Wilde: “Look, I play this game more than you thi- YES HIGH SCORE! Who’s AGL?”

Baldwin: “Oh, that must be Angelou, she has the highest score in the whole family.”


Serdar: “Come on, dyetka!”

Want to know a secret – they’re actually playing MySims and as I was coming up with this conversation in my head, all I could hear was the happy-go-lucky bubblegum-pop music play in the background…


Now, Dickens, don’t get too attached to the puppies, you know you can’t handle saying goodbye.


Serdar and Baldwin decide to show their son how a game is won.

Unfortunately, Wilde does not care enough to watch.


Serdar: *sigh* “This controller, it is broken!”

Baldwin: “You sure? We can swap if you want?”


Serdar: “No, I shall not zwap! You are cheating fraud! Cheat, cheat!”


Baldwin: “Babe, stop shouting, I missed the ramp!”

Serdar: “Zerves you right, cheat!”


Jace: “Oh, hello, little doggy.”

Oh, hi Jace.

Jace: “Oh, it’s you. How’s Wynne doing without me?”

Great, actually.

Jace, quivering: “That’s… really… good for her… Excuse me!”

Bye, Jace!


Hello, Shelley!

Shelley: “I’m here to see if you’ve kept my bed the same.”

What is it with you sims and beds.


Wilde: “I made an angel!”

That’s cute, now get inside.


Shelley: “Oh hooray! The bed is the same!”

Obviously, I will be changing it when the next heir moves in.

Shelley: “I will crash your game.”

Oh, fine!


Dickens: “Hey, Grandma.”

Shelley: “Hello Wilde!”

Dickens: “It’s Dickens.”

Shelley: “Whomever.”


Shelley: “WHY DO YOU AND YOUR STUPID FATHER WEAR THE SAME ATHLETIC WEAR!?”

Dickens: “Ah! Grandma!”


Shelley: “Goodnight.”

It’s 6am.

Shelley: “I said what I said.”


Oh, okay, so, Peachy had more puppies?

These must be Bilbo and Bluebell.


Oh my God, I have NO idea who this is.

These puppies look the FECKING same!


Serdar: “Ah, it is peaceful morning with you, my lyubimyy.”

Lyubimyy (любимый) meaning darling, or favourite. Again, I don’t speak Russian so please correct me.


This must be Alfred growing up! That’s 10 out of 20!

The half-way point!


Just in time too because look who’s getting old!


Baldwin: “I wish for a peaceful elderhood until my timely death. I also wish to die platinum.”

You obviously have high hopes.





Okay, I get it, you like the Hawaiian look. You can keep that outfit, Baldwin, yeesh.


Baldwin: “Dashing!”


Dickens: “Ah, that’s my ride!”

Dickens, NO! Not already?

Dickens: “Afraid so, I shall see you later…?”


See you at college, Dickens!

Dickens: “Please, God, no, you’re not following me are you?”

Of course I am!

Dickens: “I just want some peace and quiet.”

Well, how rude!


I’ll also use this chance to get a view of the house. The middle roof is giving me problems but I’m too lazy to fix it atm.

Or at all.


Baldwin: “…Zzz… No! No ghosts!”


Serdar: “Aw, no, it is cake time.”

Yup…


Howl, you sonuva!


Serdar: “Perhaps, Golden Anniversary time now?”

Yes, yes, we’ll get there, don’t worry.


Now he’s handsome!


And now his nose has shrunk and I don’t think he’s as handsome – I liked his nose, it gave him character.


Shelley: “Muahahaha, it is a double haunting!”

Heath: “Shall we go check on the bed and make sure it’s still there.”

GET OFF THE BED SITUATION!


Here’s the handsome couple!


This must be Alfred being given up for adoption?

Or no… It must be Bluebell and Bilbo.


Wilde: “Oh wow, that’s a lot of money from these scholarships.”

You’re going too?

Wilde: “This generation is OVER!”

Well, not yet, but almost.


Wilde: “See you later on!”


You might not see me for a while, I’m doing something new.

Wilde: “Well, whenever.”


We are running the heir poll early!

Here are your choices!

Dickens Booker!


And Wilde Booker!

Vote here and make sure to choose wisely!

No comments:

Post a Comment