Saturday 1 January 2022

The Name Game: Judy-Bo-Budy | Chapter 12: Flying The Nest

 

Hello and welcome back to Judy's Name Game! We are finally reaching the end of Uziel's generation and we will be beginning the next one in the next chapter!

This chapter finally explores the newish updates of July!

Yeah... I know. I took a long hiatus. Sorry!

And so we start this chapter with a lovely sentiment from Johnny… Or is it from Uziel? I’ve been out of this game for a while so I can’t exactly remember. Regardless, it’s a cute moment for our little couple.

Oh yeah it’s still New Years too haha! The kids celebrate with some non-alcoholic cocktails!

And then I receive this happy message the next morning! Uriah isn’t the randomised heir so he will be moving out very soon – thankfully he didn’t win because he would be waiting a LONG time to get his family started.

And then Logan grew up! He looks so smug in this photo.

Uziel: “Hooray.”

Eva: “Huzzah.”

The amount of birthdays this household has gone through is definitely taking a toll.

Logan’s new trait is Adventurous and his Aspiration is Angling Ace!

Zoha: “Oh jeez, why’d you send me here?”

Because this is San Myshuno and I have yet to explore so you and Eva are my guinea pigs.

Zoha: “Your favouritism for girls is really shining through right now.”

Look, you are the only two girls in a family of 7, don’t complain.

Eva: “Listen, this lamp is cute an’ all but I just don’t think it’s worth the hype, y’knowhwaamsayin’?”

Bob: “No. I don’t know whayorsayin’ kid. But whatever.”

Bob looks SO done with the youth of today.

Eva’s Gen Z talk got her a bargain though!

Eva: “Ha! Sucker!”

Zoha: “Huh, the music here is pretty chill. I could live in this city.”

Zoha: “Don’t you copy me.”

Eva: “Huh?”

Playing with these two downtown is honestly the most fun I have had in a long time. I love these sisters so much!

Ooh! Karaoke!

Zoha: “OOOOOH I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY!”

Eva: “Oh, she’s good.”

Eva: “YEAH I WANNA FEEL THE HEAT WITH SOMEBODEH!”

Zoha: “Get it, sis!”

You’d think by these faces that they won but they didn’t… So I sent them home after a fun day out.

Is this Logan? Or is this Ewan? God I hate that these kids all look so similar.


YES! One young adult down! 6 more to go!

Uriah got the Proper trait which suits his aspiration quite well I think.

And now you know what happens when a non-heir becomes an young adult – they get kicked out!

Bye bye Uriah!

Johnny decided to celebrate by playing the violin. As you can tell by his face… it’s going great!

Johnny: “Oh… Is the screeching me?”

Who else could it be?

I’m not sure what Logan said to make Zico look at him like that but…

Logan: “Life is pain.”

Zico: “Don’t be such a drama queen.”

And here is Eva! She is our randomized heiress for the next generation. A nice three letter generation. Nice and simple after the chaos of Uziel’s generation.

Eva: “Geez, don’t forget I’m a twin, Gray.”

Oh. God damn it.

Eva: “Don’t look at me. Please.”

Zico: “I wouldn’t if you weren’t in the way.”

Zoha: “Isn’t it great that now Uriah’s gone, we can all do our homework at the table?”

Ioan: “Yeah, but you’re going next, Zo.”

Zoha: “Don’t remind me.”

Logan: “BUT HOW DO I FIND X!?”

Yup no kidding. The twins’ birthdays are the next day!



And here are the stats for their high school career!

Why so glum, chum?

Uziel: “You haven’t played us for months! Where have you been? What other family have you been playing?”

Damn, sorry, dude. I won’t disappear again. Promise.

Not at least until after you’re dead.


Uziel will always think of Ioan as his baby but he chose the more mature option and said “we’ll see what we can do.”

Well. He’s only 4 days away from aging up so…

I don’t think being sugar-loaded before school is a great idea.

Logan: “What are you talking about? It’s a great idea!”

Johnny: “I’m so proud of you, babe. Look at our kids nearly fully grown.”


Uziel: “GIVE IT TO HIM IN FRONT OF EVERYONE! He’s the baby, he’ll love it!”

Uziel got it from his Mommy.

Like a champ! He really takes after Judy!

Of course, Uziel maxes cooking baking a birthday cake for Zico and Zoha.

Zico goes first!

Zico: “Huh, Dad always made this look more magical.”


Ah f-word… We have two hot-headed twins. Of course.


Zoha gets the genius trait from Uziel!

Zoha: “Huh, I think I could get used to this young adult stuff. Zee, let’s go!”

Zico: “Just texting Uriah to get two beds ready.”

There they go!

Zoha: “Oh great, what a sausage party this is.”

It’s only going to get worse because your only sister is heiress too.

Zoha: “OH FOR FU-“

Eva, Ewan, Ioan: “Look at us, we are all PG-13 we promise!”

Look AT THAT ROW OF PORTRAITS! IT’S BEEN SO LONG SINCE IT LOOKED LIKE THIS!

Hul. Who does Ioan have a problem with now?

Ah I see. The younger brother.

Uziel: “Now, I know it’s a lot quieter without Zico and Zoha so don’t hesitate to call me your homework buddy!”


Uziel: “Soz bud, but school is deffo important-o.”

Ewan: “Dad, I am begging you. Stop.”

Those better not be the gummy bear pancakes, dude.

Uziel: “Gummy bear free, promise.”

Uziel is wild. I think he loves his dad bod because he keeps eating even when he’s full.

Johnny is the only one with any preferences, and that’s only because I keep getting pop ups for them.

YES!

Ah, so cute!!

Of course these two would do something like this in the most awkward of places.

They’re celebrating Love Day a little early this time!

See? Love Day is tomorrow!

This is the smug smile of someone proud of themselves.

Uziel: “Even after seven kids and a weight gain of *boop* pounds, Johnny still wants me, baby!”

Eva is having a rough time without Zoha so I decided to give her a makeover and a second outfit!

I gave her the colourful version of her hair and also some tattoos and a piercing that you can’t see here.


Definitely a phase.

Judy: “This TV show is okay.”

I thought you were supposed to be fading away?

Judy: “I never leave.”

Jesus, Mary and Joseph and all the kids!

Logan: “I cannot wait to leave this place.”

Uziel: “Hm, did you hear something?”

Johnny: “Just the sound of your towel hitting the floor babe, come on!”

Oooh the spice festival? That sounds like fun and perhaps a place to meet a sim for Eva!


Those look spicy.

And these look tasty! Wow! I should probably have Eva do a food adventure one playthrough so she can unlock recipes.

Eva: “This t-shirt only belongs to winners.”

Eva wins the spice challenge even though she’s never eaten anything spicy in her life. What a pro.

After enjoying the spicy curry, she goes to indulge in the street buskers.

And then takes part in some karaoke because of course.

She’s so cute in this shot!


After an eventful night, it’s time for Ioan to grow up and leave the household.

He gets the foodie trait. Not surprising considering how much Judy and Uziel love to cook.

Ioan: “Time to go.”

Don’t you want to change before you go?

Ioan: “No… I’m too sad…”

And with that Ioan joined Uriah, Zico, and Zoha.

I am such a child. This is genuinely hilarious to me. I've used bidets before, in both Japan and Korea and neither time was particularly... fun... but the sims love it!

Oh! This is a new sentiment! And Eva shares it with her twin which is extra cute in my eyes!

God, I love the updates this game has. It feels so much better. There are things that need more improvement but the fact that the sims can have likes and dislikes is SO much better.

Darcy: “Do you know how awful it is to go from being played all the time to never being played! I know Gray ignores my calls sometimes.”

Darcy keeps coming by the house and texting Uziel and now he’s hanging out by the park next door. It’s getting creepy, dude.

Eva: “Don’t you just love this song!?”

Ewan: “I’m not that big on Alternative mus-“

Eva: “You’re dead to me.”

Who pranked this toilet autonomously?!

Johnny: “You can’t prove it was me.”


I haven’t played this game in a WHILE and this is new to me too but I LOVE it. I’m glad they get scared instead of tense now.

I have a plan for Eva’s aspiration but she can’t work on her painting with a thunderstorm so I bought her a digital sketchpad.

What’s this? Logan eating like a glutton? I am so here for it.

Uziel is having an absolute breakdown because of the thunderstorm and poor Ewan has to deal with the fall out.


Something about Uziel’s bulging eyes is making me think Laika studios… Like the stop-motion animation team that did Paranorman and Coraline?

Johnny: “You’d think they’d never seen a thunderstorm before.”

Not going to lie, watching Uziel freak out was probably the funniest thing I’ve seen in this game for a long time.


Eva: “That’s good. Hashtag no filter, hashtag no makeup.”

I could hear someone laughing and it turned out to be Logan… laughing to himself… in his sleep…

Strange.

WE’RE ALMOST AT GENERATION 3!

Yaz: “New generation, you say? Time for me to make my appearance!”

Here’s a quick look at Eva’s second everyday outfit. Being in Korea is great for outfit inspiration, I won’t lie, even if I can’t wear these myself.

And then she gets sick. Of course.

Zoha stops by! Johnny is the only one in the house so I decided to let her pop in for a bit.

Zoha: “You still have Winterfest decorations up?”

Johnny: “Blame Gray, she’s a lazy simmer.”

Eva is having another life struggle.

Well yeah, maybe you should stop eating all the cake in the fridge!?

And then I checked the fridge and all it had WAS cake… so I’m having Uziel whip up some healthier meals and Ewan looks remarkably happier to have something other than cake to eat.

Eva got sick again after I cured her the last time so I decided to test Cindy’s tip about orange juice and wow.



It freaking works! Thanks Cindy!

And with that we will end this chapter and Uziel’s generation! Next time we will be dealing with Eva and her three letters… but first… We have to find her a wife.

1 comment:

  1. I often forget how much there is to do in areas of the city. I need to have a sim live there sometime. Awww, I love Eva, so I think she's a great pick, and yes MUCH smaller than Uziel! Oh dear, did you keep your promise to not disappear until after he was dead? Wow, good job Eva with the spice challenge! Like Eva's outfit! Haha, you are VERY welcome about the tip about OJ, it doesn't great! Sorry it took me over a year to see it did for you. :)

    ReplyDelete