Friday 14 January 2022

The Name Game: Judy-Bo-Budy | Chapter 13: Festival of Light

 


Hello and welcome back to the Name Game! 

This chapter was written in July 2021 so when I get excited about updates in the game - it's because it was new at the time hahaha!

Anyway, Uziel has completed his generation and now it's up his daughter, Eva, to carry on the challenge!

Logan: “NO MORE BIRTHDAY CAKES EVER!”


Ewan rolls perfectionist!


Eva rolls childish.

A gloomy and childish kleptomaniac… who dreams of earning tonnes of money. Iconic.

Ewan shoots a quick text to Zoha to let her know that he will be joining the household.

Zoha is happy to greet her younger brother.

Whilst Uriah and Zico get heated over a sports competition.

HOW CAN YOU SEE SUCH A TINY SCREEN!?

Eva: “Time to earn some money, baby!”

So my plan for Eva is for to join the freelancer career and earn money that way. It’ll be a slow start but hopefully it’ll mean she’ll achieve her aspiration later in life.

And the first thing Eva does is book a gig and then start some research.

Johnny: “I pretend I do not see it.”

See what?

Johnny: “My daughter committing a crime.”

Eva: “It’s just a forgery, Dad. That’s not a crime.”

Logan: “My dad’s a WHAT!?”

Logan: “Why is twitter such a cesspit?”

It’s up to you, dear readers, what twitter said about our dear Uziel ;)

Here is Eva’s selfie portrait! It sits with her grandmother and father!

Oop, Eva is in desperate need to steal.

Sorry Delgato family but you are our first victim.

Eva: “What a nice house you have… sure would be a shame if someone stole something from it…”

THE DOG IS SWIMMING! Oh my god, I have an idea!

Eva: “Success!”

Let’s go to the city and celebrate!

Eva: “One mapo pork, please!”

You love to see it.

Logan: “I can’t wait to not have to do homework anymore.”

I built the Anderson’s a pool and Eva is instantly angered by it.

I would never think of swimming in a pool as “fitness”. It’s way too fun.

Eva: “I hate this.”

She decides to just float in the water and ends up being quite happy because of it.

Remember that idea I mentioned? Here she is! Her name is Asparagus but that will be changed soon.

Eva and Asparagus, now named Piggy, become very good friends!

And this is just a taster for the spam of puppy pictures that will ensue soon.

Eva: “It’s good to be heir.”

Gotta love it when the family members hug autonomously!

I messed up on the screenshot because it’s supposed to say that it’s Johnny’s AND Logan’s birthday but it just captured Johnny.

I will say now that at this point FRAPS gave up at me so I had to reset the save and now I’m using the Microsoft Game Bar to take screenshots.

Uziel: “Ah I’m glad sushi’s been added to this game.”

Me too, it was always my simself’s fave food in TS3.

Piggy is so cuuuute!

Piggy: “Nooo computers make me scawed!”

Piggy is a little jumpy puppy!

Eva and Piggy aren’t exactly friends even though Piggy is meant to be her dog. Even still the little moments where they interact are previous.

Slowly but surely, Eva is earning money through the freelancer gig.


Eva: “Oh what the hell!? Who’s done this!”

Eva: “I’m tired of the goofball sims playing pranks.”

It is a little too much, I agree.

Now that Eva is a young adult Logan decides to seek advice from her instead of his parents. Unfortunately for him, Eva’s non-existent parenting skill gives him a very restricted answer.

Well, I hope it was what he wanted.

Eva: “I tell you what Logie-bear, this freelancer career is sooo easy. All I do is make forgeries and earn tonnes of money.”

Whoo! Look at that updated calender!!

(At this time it’s the 24th of July 2021 so this is the new Cottage Living patch.)

Yaz: “Damn that Gray, never giving me screentime!”

Eva is having a gloomy day but luckily for her she is about to meet her future girlfriend!


Mitch: “Oh hey! A legacy sim!”

Eva: “Oh no… a boy…”

Mitch: “I’m sorry?”

Zoe: “Hellooo, you must be a single legacy heiress!”

Eva: “Thank God, a girl!”

Mitch: “Uh.”

Uziel is aging up soon!

Eva has her father’s sense of humour and decides to make a flirtatious joke to Zoe.

It works!

Eva: “Ah this summer heat just makes me so tired… Yawn!”

Zoe: “I can totally see through you.”

Zoe: “But you’re cute so I’ll let you off.”

Eva: “Good. Wanna be the mom of my three kids?”

She says yes very quickly and so, Zoe Patel moves into the Anderson household!

Wow! A good looking teen townie! I hope he comes back around if we end up with another male heir because I want those genes.


Here are Zoe’s aspiration (not that it matters cus I don’t play for the spouse’s aspirations) and her traits.

Zoe: “Doesn’t this makeover look so cute? I love this dress.”

And I love plaid.

Eva: “You’re beautiful. And so is the dress.”

Zoe: “Mwah.”

Zoe and Eva then share their first kiss.

Eva: “Psst, wanna be my girlfriend?”

Zoe: “Hell yes!”

I think this is as far as I am going to take their relationship. I think it’s just going to be a casual thing for these two. Eva doesn’t seem like the marrying kind.

Logan: “Hey sis, I’m sad again.”


Logan: “I’m so glad I was born into this save.”

Logan you are making things awkward.


Zoe: “C’mon babe, the water’s hot but it could be hotter!”

Eva: “I love Gray! Thank you for this!”


Eva and Zoe work quickly and so do I. Here comes baby E!

I have no comment for this screenshot. I think I had a joke in mind but maybe this is Zoe’s guilty face for woohooing with Eva in the downstairs bathroom lol!

Logan’s just happy to be here.

The Festival of Light arrives to Mt Komorabi so I decide to send the newly joined lovebirds to enjoy the festivities whilst I take some aesthetically pleasing screenshots.






Eva opts to try the takoyaki.

In Korea, it’s called 붕어빵or bungeo-ppang. I’m not entirely sure if they’re the same thing but they’re both fish shaped sweet cakes with a red bean filling – or in this case, a vanilla filling (which would be custard which I have had before as street food and it’s pretty tasty).

Hmm, now I'm craving 붕어빵. Thank god there's a food truck a street away from my apartment hahaha!

And Zoe becomes acquainted with the vending machine drinks.

And so that concludes the festival. There’s something about this world that is so beautiful and I am eager to keep playing in it as much as possible.

(And then I started a rotation play in this world. You can read it here!)

Piggy grows up quickly! Now she can be taken on walks, which is my favourite thing really.


She’s very cute!

Uziel: “You hear that? That’s the sound of my final child growing up and my generation being officially successful.”


Logan gains the neat trait which totally conflicts with his glutton treat in my honest opinion but whatever.

Eva: “Stingy Gray, not letting me eat a piece of matcha cake.”

You know why. Today’s a double birthday!

Logan: “Yay Dad!”


And so the first sim of the second generation reaches elderhood.

Eva: “Now it’s time for you to leave.”

Johnny: “Ah, peace. I’ll never know it.”

Maybe Eva has a problem with her little brother leaving because she immediately turned to the toybox.

Or it could just be her childish trait but I want to believe it’s the former.


Do you have to do that here?

Zoha: “I feel a great disturbance.”

Ewan: “Logie-bear! So good to have you!”

Uziel: “You may be grey but you are still the charming young man I met so many chapters ago.”

Johnny wasn’t my first choice to walk Piggy but Eva’s heavily pregnant and Zoe is constantly at work due to a glitch so…


Johnny really doesn’t like walking the dog.


Don’t mind this, it’s just Uziel reaching the top of his career.

Eva: “I’m so sad.”

Apparently the only thing that will make her happy is giving her dog pasta!

Did I need a reason for this picture? No, but here it is anyway!

I miss my own puppies.

Zoe: “Does this usually happen during a birthday?”

Not usually but now that Johnny and Uziel are going to be grandparents, I would expect it.



Ah, my second generation heir is an elder… This is a tough time.




Johnziel forever!

Zoe: “This is pretty good entertainment when he’s not in his topless pyjamas!”

And this is where we leave this chapter, with Zoe admiring Johnny’s violin skills.

Next time, we meet baby E and perhaps baby V too?

1 comment:

  1. Awww Piggy, what a cute puppy! Aww, I love Zoe Patel. I do love Mt. Komorebi, and Piggy is a really pretty dog! Awww, they are still both handsome guys, and grey agrees with them both, very dapper and dignified. :)

    ReplyDelete