Saturday 8 February 2020

The Literal Booker Legacy - The College Years: Part 1, Exuberant


Hello and welcome back to The Literal Booker Legacy! I apologise immensely for my short hiatus. My mother was hospitalised and I quit my job and a lot of things just sort of built up. Anyway, long story short, my mum is better now and I’m finding the balance between the things I want to do and the things I need to do.

Shall we have a little recap before we continue?

Baldwin married Serdar and the two had identical (not twins) boys, Dickens and Wilde. Dickens, the elder, left for college first with Wilde following soon after.



Dickens: “Oh, brilliant, a squatter.”

You’re gonna have to get rid of her champ. She won’t listen to me.

Dickens: “Exuberant.”


Yusun: “Whoa! He-llo handsom-“

Dickens: “I’m just going to let you down now. I don’t swing that way.”


Yusun: “Wait, really? Oh.”


Yusun: “Um, Gray?”

Yes, my dear?

Yusun: “Call me a taxi please.”


Yusun: “I’ll come back when he’s gone.”


Dickens: “Hello, papa. Yes, I am settling in...”

Serdar: “Son, have you been feeding fish?”

Dickens: “Um… fish?”

Baldwin, nudging Serdar out of the way: “Sorry, son, what your father meant to say was that we have some bad news. Gray’s heir poll has run its course and the audience favoured Wilde.”

Dickens: “Oh um… Good for him.”

Baldwin: “You’re not too upset?”

Dickens: “No… I suppose not.”

Serdar, in the background: “DO NOT FORGET FISH!”


Dickens: “Oh, these fish.”

You let them die, I kill you first.


Dickens: “Is it true that when you leave us for long periods of time it means you’re playing other games…?”

Well… I was playing Pokemon Shield for a while… But I was mostly reading.

Dickens: “Reading what?”

About Greek mythology mostly…

Dickens: “Watching Hercules ten times a day doesn’t count as re-“

Okay, time to get you out of the house and start spouse hunting!


Oh yeesh, bowl cut alert.

Dickens: “I think that bowl cut is charming actually.”



You know, from this angle Dickens looks quite normal and handsome. I mean, I won’t begrudge, he got Serdar’s nose which is my favourite nose between his and Baldwin’s (or rather Heath’s) but the rest of his features don’t really match…

Dickens: “Ahem, I am trying to court this gentleman.”


*whispers* See what I mean about not matching?

Mitch: “What is she saying?”

Dickens: “Ignore her, my fluttering force of nature, she’s the devil incarnate.”

Be wary of what you preach, I may end up giving you an early death.


Now, my memory is hazy, are you Phoebe or someone else?

Frances: “I am Frances!”

Oh right, so you are. Sorry, love.


Frances: “Right, well, just for that I’m going to bring down the storm of Thor!”

Or Zeus, or Jupiter… whomever you like, really.

Frances: “Can you not spoil my fun for two seconds!? It’s bad enough you forgot my name!”

That really hurt you, didn’t it?

Frances: *sniff* “No!”


Frances: “Yes! Now everyone shall have soggy boots! Muhahaha!”


Dickens: “Oh my, rain?”


Er, Dickens, you do know what happens to dirt when it gets wet, right?

Dickens: “But the flowers smell so much more fragrant when the rain falls upon them.”

Right, let’s get you home before you catch a cold… or worse.


Corbin: “So, uh… How related to Bronte Booker are you?”


Dickens: “I’m her great-grand son, why?”

Corbin: “I guess it’s still too early to tell you about how much of a hot rod she was in bed, huh?”


Dickens: “You know, my llama friend, it shall always be too early. Even when my great-great-great-great nieces and nephews have moved on to other pastures to start other legacies and challenges, it shall always be too early.”

Corbin: “Yeesh, I got the message, Shakespeare.”

Dickens: “HOW DARE YOU!?”


Corbin: “Hey, let me show you this cool little cheer.”

Dickens: “Just get out of my house, cretin.”


Later that night, Dickens decided to cool off some steam by inviting Mitch around.

Obviously love was in the air because Dickens wasted no time and immediately went in for his first kiss.


Mitch: “Ugh, I hate that I liked that.”

You… Are so weird.


Are you going to hate this too, Mitch?

Dickens: “Ignore her, my love.”


Even though I usually leave moments like these with silence I have instead decided to talk about the movie adaptation of The Personal History of David Copperfield starring Dev Patel. It’s a masterpiece of a comedy with some very intense dramatic moments.

If the movie is out in the cinemas where you live now, please go see it, it’s so worth the time. If it isn’t out in your country yet, keep an eye out – it’s worth the watch!

Also the first and only time I’ve enjoyed a Charles Dickens adaptation (I’m not including A Muppets Christmas Carol because it’s a Christmas movie and I’m so-so about Christmas movies). If only they’d make a modern adaptation of Hard Times.

Anyway, awkward moment over, let's return to the rest of the story!


Dickens: “Zzz… murder Gray… zzz… raise the coup….”

……….

WHAT.


I just really like that photo of Ellis and Uma looking over Dickens.




Dickens: “Oh, Mitch, my darling, when did you arrive?”

Mitch: “I literally just walked through the door.”


Mitch: “Honestly, I just really want to do this.”

Dickens: *muffled noises of approval*


WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT THE FISH!?


Oh, hey Wilde!

Wilde: “The party has arrived! Where’s the stick in the mud?”

At class.

Wilde: “Ha! I like how you knew I meant Dickens!”


Wilde: “I’ll just dance until he comes home.”


Dickens: “Oh, you’ve arrived.”

Wilde: *snort* “Geez, Dickens, I hope you don’t say that to your boyfriend too.”

Dickens: “How vulgar you are!”

Wilde: “Wild, isn’t it?”


Wilde: “Cooled off after your nap?”

Dickens: “Why you?”


Wilde: “Come again, old chap?”

Dickens: “Why you! Why you, why you, why you!”

Wilde: “Ah… You mean the heir poll, don’t you?”


Wilde: “Look, it was just a chance of fate, you know it. I know it. Gray knows it. She voted for me.”

Hey, shut UP!

Dickens: “We look the same, they didn’t know what they were choosing.”

Wilde: “They were choosing the fun one.”


Wilde: “And let’s be honest, babe, you ain’t that fun. You talk like a stuffy old man from a Jane Austen novel and not even Grandma Austen spoke the way you do.”

Dickens: “I’m refined.”

Wilde: “You’re booooring!”


Wilde: “The legacy has been ruled by women with unique personalities and fun dispositions. They need to keep the eternal party going.”

Dickens: “Is this talk supposed to make me feel better somewhere?”

Wilde: “I’ll get to it.”


Dickens: “I just hope you find a suitable wife-“

Wilde: *snort* “And there you go again with the Austen talk, man. You’re named after one of Gray’s least favourite novelists-“

After Nabokav.

Wilde: “Sure… She literally built you up to tear you down. It’s not my fault, it’s not your fault, it’s her fault.”

Whoa, wait, what?


Dickens: “Do not blame this outcome on Gray, she raised us.”

Wilde: “I mean, yeah, technically-“

Dickens: “Well, after such a big speech, I hope you find someone who will live up to the expectations our ancestors have built up, or else you may be labelled as the most boring heir in Booker history.”


Wilde: “Most… boring… heir! Say it can’t be so!?”

I mean, y’all have specific names that I’ve conjured (in my head) during each reign. Your grandma Yvonne was The Founder. Grandma Austen was The Devoted Heir. Grandma Bronte was The Independent Heir. Grandma Shelley was The Unwilling Heir. Your father, Baldwin, is The First Boy Heir.

You could very well be the Fun one.

Or the Boring one.

But I’d hope your reign would have more to it than just how fun you are…


Matchmaker: “Heh heh, whilst you were talking to your sims, I dropped off another magic lamp! Haha, pranked!”

Uh, thanks.


Wilde: “Ah, screw Dickens, he’s just trying to psyche me out, that’s all. I’ll be the best heir this legacy has ever seen.”

Oh, be careful with those words, Wilde, my dear.


A week later…

Wilde: “Gray, you don’t think I’m boring do you?”

It’s been a week, Wilde, let it go.


Another day later.

Wilde: “Is this boring?”

Ugh…


Wilde: “And this? Is this boring?”

Wilde, please. Go find a wife for God’s sake; you’re driving me up the wall!


Dickens: “Thanks for coming over, Mitch. I really needed your company at this moment.”

Mitch: “Anything for you.”

Corbin: “Ooh yeah, love birds!”


Mitch, whispering: “Why is he still here?”

Corbin: “Wait, what is he saying? I’m gonna have to get let lower to hear him.”


Dickens: “Ah, now that wretched llama has jigged its way out of our house, I can finally say the words I needed to.”


Mitch: “Dickens, is that a- a!”

Dickens: “Mitch, will you do me the greatest honour, in this existence and the next, of becoming my husband?”


Mitch: “Well, what can I say?”


Mitch: “Other than yes! Of course, I will!”


Mitch: “This ring is beautiful, my love.”


Wilde: “Ooh, chilli. Don’t mind if I do.”

Mitch: “Um…”

Dickens: “Ah, Mitch, this is my younger brother, Wilde.”

Mitch: “… Younger? You look very similar.”

Wilde, mouth full: “Yeah, we get that a lot.”


Mitch: “So, shall we be seeing a ring on a lucky girls finger soon, Wilde?”

Wilde: “Eh… I don’t have time to date.”

Dickens, nearly choking: “I’m sorry?”

Mitch: “Dickens, you’ll have to take him out clubbing. He needs to find a girlfriend.”

Wilde: “Oh, God… I don’t need Dickens to be my wingman.”

Mitch: “Clearly you do, your brother is engaged and you are not. You are heir, right?”

Wilde: “Well yeah…”

Best not to argue, Wilde and just go with it. Could be fun.


Wilde: “Just for tonight, drop your stuffy act.”

Dickens: “And by that you mean…?”

Wilde: “Talk normal?”

Dickens: “Oh, right. I’ll attempt a go.”

Wilde: “UGH.”


Oh, hello Sophie!


Wilde, no, she’s a playable and married and very obviously pregnant.

Wilde: “Shoot.”


Dickens: “What about the lady in red?”

She looks too much like Shelley’s absent father. No can do. Though, that nose… Hnng, I miss it.


The evening turned out to be a disaster. Wilde kept heart-farting over his cousin, Sophie, and honestly, no real viable townies turned up…


Dickens: “Cheer up, old chap, you’ll meet someone.”

Wilde: “Just let me lament in my own sorrow please.”

Well, I guess we’ll end it there. 

Will Wilde finally meet a girl? You’ll find out in the next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment