Monday 9 March 2020

The Literal Booker Legacy - The College Years: Part 2, Unexpected Circumstances


Title is exactly what it says. 

Is the picture relevant? No, I just think it's really funny.

Hello and welcome back to the Literal Booker Legacy.

There's been a shakeup. And if you've been keeping up with the heir poll you'll know exactly what it is.

Well, I won't beat around the bush, let's go meet our winning Booker!




Why are you crying Eliot? You just won heirship.

Eliot: *sniff* “I did? Well…”


Eliot: “To everyone that didn’t vote for me. You’re rude and I don’t like you. How could you NOT vote for me? I’m pretty and petty and everyone loves a villain!”


Eliot: “But that aside, to those who did vote for me. Thank you. You have excellent taste. Have a hug as my token of appreciation.”


So, uh.

Eliot won by 3 votes.

I mean, I asked to break the 3-way tie but…

Do y'all really like family sims that much?


Gaiman: “Where do you think Eliot is right now?”

Du Maurier: “Sitting on her throne made of fool’s gold no doubt.”


Eliot: “Oh, no, what if I disappoint all of my voters.”


Du Maurier: “I think Gray should have waited until Ryman came until she announced the results. It would only be fair.”


Gaiman: “Right, so you could both gloat by the fact you got two votes between you whilst I got none.”

Du Maurier: “Hey man, if I could have voted, I would have voted for you.”

Forgetting the heir poll for a second, I wonder what that glowing thing in the background is?


Yup it’s the ReNuYuSensoOrb.

Did you guys honestly think I was gonna have a 3rd family sim in charge of the Bookers?


Eliot: “What is this thing?”


Eliot: “What…”

Hey, Eliot, do me a favour and stick your head in the glowing hole.


Eliot: “Uh… Okay.”


Eliot: “AAAAAH! This is why I don’t listen to you!”

Well, I’m in charge!


Eliot: “SOMEONE HELP MEEEEE!”

Gaiman: “What do you think?”


Du Maurier: “No way, this is better than every Wes Anderson movie ever made.”


Eliot: “Suddenly I have a craving for ooey-gooey delicious cheezy sandwiches.”


So, I guess a congrats is in order. You’re going to be the 3rd Mr Booker to be married into the family.


Bruce: “I don’t know what that means but it sounds good!”


Bruce: “Hey, baby, call me up sometime, yeah?”


Bruce: “You know, you’re much prettier than your sister.”

Oh boy.

Eliot: “Wait. What.”


Eliot: “I mean I KNOW that I’m prettier than her but the fact you said means you’ve been looking at her! Have you!? Have you!?”

Bruce: “Babe, I’m just making a point.”


Bruce: “You’re the prettiest girl in the world.”

Eliot: “Much better.”





Eliot: “Hi, Daddy, have you heard the good new- Why are you crying?”


Eliot: “I mean, sure, Bruce isn’t the smartest sim but he’s nice. Yes, nicer than me.”


Eliot: “I know Rie was your favourite to win but let’s just get over this little instance and move on. Oh hang on, I’m getting another call through.”


Eliot: “Hello?”

Kimberley: “Hey, Eliot, it’s me Kim. We met at the nightclub a few weeks ago?”

Eliot: “Oh… Right… What’s up, Kim?”

Kimberley: “Well, I just wanted to see if you were okay with the heir poll and everything?”

Eliot: “Well, yeah. I won the damn thing. Everything’s a-okay so I don’t need your help if that’s what you’re wondering.”

Kimberley: “But-“


Eliot: “What a weird person.”


Du Maurier: “Dad, you need to stop phoning the house and crying on the line. I’m sick of this. I’m sorry I didn’t win and I know you wanted lots of alien grandbabies to look after but Eliot won so you’ll have her half-yeti tots to take care of.”


Du Maurier: “What do I mean by half-yeti? Oh, you’ll see when you meet him.”


Du Maurier: “Anyway, let me tell you about this fascinating thing I learnt about the adrenal gland the other day in class!”


Okay, this might be my new favourite thing: Grilled Cheese sims conjuring grilled cheese out of thin air.

Lobster thermidor who?


Eliot: “I’m sure you’re gonna love having grilled cheese all the time when you and Eliot get married.”

Bruce: *person-person minus*


Du Maurier: “You know, Gaiman, you’re a cool guy. You should have won the heir poll.”

Gaiman: “Aw, thanks, Rie.”


Gaiman: “Right back at ya, kiddo.”

Du Maurier: “Aw, shucks big bro!”

… Okay stop rubbing this in, you guys.

I guess the upside to this is that I can keep Du Maurier around a little longer because she’s a spare.





Eliot: “Hey, congrats on dating me. You’re going to be famous.”

Bruce: “I just want grandchildren.”


The couple who dance together in their pyjamas stays together.


Eliot: “Anyway, you need to hear about my brother Ryman.”


Eliot: “He’s an alien with my dad’s nose!”


Eliot: “But don’t mention it when you see him, I’m sure he’s gonna be super self-conscious about it.”


Bruce: “There’s a song that I think of when I look at you.”

Eliot: “Aw, Bruce!”

Bruce: “It goes like this: So,listen baby-“


Eliot: “Oh, my God, Bruce!”

Bruce: “Will you marry me?”


I think she said yes, what do you guys think?





Well, both of them had the want to get engaged after their first date…

So this is kind of a relief.


Bruce: “Oh, hi Rie!”

Eliot: “Oh, no, you did not just do that!”


Eliot: “Oh yes, you’re gonna get it this time.”

Okay, sometimes I wonder why you guys voted for her but right now I can absolutely see it and part of me knows she’s gonna be my favourite when she takes over the legacy.


Eliot: “We literally just got engaged and you’re looking at my sister? Are you nuts!?”

Bruce: “I only said hello to her!”


Eliot: “You just keep wandering! Don’t think I don’t know that she fits your ideal type too!”

Bruce: “You crazy.”


Eliot: “Anyway, wanna hear something funny about Rie?”

Bruce: “If it means you’ll stop yelling at me, sure.”


Eliot: “She cried when she got into private school because she’s such a little nerd!”


Okay, who made the cheerleader cry!?

Eliot: “Guilty!”


Bathsheba, don’t you dare do what you’re about to do.

Bathsheba: “You can’t stop me, you’re not controlling me at the minute.”

Hng, I hate it when the sims are right.


I felt a bit bad that everyone else is doing well in their aspirations but Gaiman’s in the red so I let him invite Jasmine back over as they haven’t had a first date yet.

She’s now his seventh first date and I’m really excited to complete this LTW.


Thank god he chose the bed this time instead of the sofa. He was beginning to pick up a nasty habit.


Ryman: “The fun police is in the houuuuse! Whoa, what did I walk in on in here?”

Du Maurier: “Ryman!”


Ryman: “Now that is the kind of greeting I’m looking for!”


Bruce: “Hey, I really like your green skin man. You look rad af.”

Du Maurier: “…”

Ryman: “Damn right I do. I’m the coolest person on campus right now.”


Ryman: “You know what, I like you bro. Your shirt’s hella sick. Where’d you get it?”

Bruce: “I dunno, just appeared in my wardrobe.”

Ryman: “Shout out to that!”


Du Maurier: “I am once again asking for you to stop staring at me Bruce.”

Bruce: *staaaaare*


Bruce: “I wanna play my games, dude!”

Ryman: “You’re gonna have to wait a Mcfrickin’ second, Bruce, I just gotta do my term paper.”


Bruce: “COME ON!”

Du Maurier: “Do you mind not having a breakdown right next to me?”


Bruce: “Screw you! I’ll just skip rope until one of the PCs is free.”


Ryman, who has a LTW to have 10 simultaneous lovers, makes his first move with Jessie Pilferson.


And then proceed to have the kind of first impression that Jane Austen would really appreciate.

Jessie: “I mean, you just seem really snooty for a sim who will fall for anyone.”

Ryman: “And you’re not desperate enough for a premade. How original.”


Gaiman: “If you don’t like my brother, you could always give me a try?”


Jessie: “I never said I didn’t like your brother.”

Gaiman: “I- Oh.”


Corbin: “How many generations from Bronte are you?” *growl*

Du Maurier: “I’m a lesbian, pal.”


Corbin: “I’m outta here.”

Should I marry Corbin to one of the next generation spares? What do you guys think? He’s desperate to join the family obviously.


Even though Jessie reiterated that she liked Ryman, she still enjoyed dancing with Gaiman.

I guess she doesn’t have to choose if she doesn’t want to.


Eliot: “Oh, good, I got you away from Jessie.”

Ryman: “If I could rearrange the alphabet I’d put u and I together.”

Gaiman: “Nice going, you massive cockblock!”


At least Ryman has more manners than Gaiman as he decided to woohoo with Jessie on his bed instead of the communal sofa.


That’s one love down! Nine more to go!





Jasmine: “Oh, I hope Gaiman doesn’t see me…”





Oh, a telescope. Thanks.

Is she trying to tell Gaiman to get abducted?


Ryman: “Hello fellow Bookers.”

Du Maurier: “Why are you in your underwear? Do we need to have the talk?”

Ryman: “If you’re giving me the talk you better give one to Gaiman too.”

Gaiman: *person person plus*


Eliot: “If Ryman won’t make his bed, I’ll do it for him.”


Eliot: “And that’s my good deed for the day. Time for a reward.”


Eliot: “A nice toasty grilled cheese.”

It’s really hard to keep typing “grilled cheese” this much because I call them cheese toasties and my innate Britishness is preventing me from using American colloquialisms.


Ryman: “What’s this? The queen of gossip refuses to spill the tea with moi?”


Eliot: “Talk to the ring, Ryman.”


Ryman: “Oh, come off it, you big bore. You know your gossiping nature was what won you the heirship. Who am I supposed to spill spiteful tea with now?”


Eliot: “Eff off, dude.”

Ryman: *whimper*

Oh no, what a face. How could you break your brother’s heart, Eliot?


Jordan: “Don’t try and smooth-talk me, pal!”

Ryman: “Whoa, okay. No means no.”


Du Maurier decides to flirt with Jordan instead who immediately reciprocates.

Seems like Jordan might cheer for the other team?


Du Maurier: “Oh, why do I have to give him the talk? We both have casual woohoo.”

Gaiman: “You’re closer to him.”

Du Maurier: “But you have similar aspirations, you share a common ground. I just wanna stargaze, my dude.”


Ryman: “Boy am I bored of literature classes. I tell you, it knocks the fun out of it when the teacher goes over the history of your own family!”

Du Maurier: “Good luck.”

Gaiman: “I hate you.”

Du Maurier: “No, you don’t.”


Gaiman: “So, uh… Ryman… How… How old were you when you had your first kiss?”

Du Maurier: “Sayonara, dorks.”


Ryman: “You don’t have to give me the talk, Gaiman. I guarantee I was having woohoo before you were.”

Gaiman: “What?”


Ryman: “I kinda snuck my high school girlfriend into the house when Mom and Dad went to bed and well…”

Gaiman: “No, I don’t want to hear details from my kid brother!”


Oh, they’re arguing again.

Honestly, I should just stop taking photos of this because it’s nothing new.


Except immediately after they argued this time, they both went upstairs and woohooed so…


Whilst that goes on, the rest of the Booker family just engages in playing games.


Du Maurier: “I wish my classes would focus more on marine biology instead of basic anatomy. I’ve seen a man give birth, I know a lot more than these professors…”


Gaiman has immediately taken a liking to the telescope he’s received.


Du Maurier: “Huh, I thought I was the knowledge sim.”

He’s not using it for anything noble. He’s just spying on people.


Ryman: “Lalala, I’m morally corrupt and you’re the pure innocent princess of the story. I’ve heard it all before.”

Eliot: “Ry, I was literally just complimenting your shirt.”


And then the llama mascot decided to pick a fight with Ryman.

Eliot: “Beat his ass, Ryman!”


Eliot: “That was uneventful.”


I told him he’d thank me when he’s older. Rose, who he’s already friends with, is an easy win towards his simultaneous lovers LTW.





And I was right!


Corbin: “Screw that Ryman, as attractive as he is.”


Who pissed in your cheerios?

Eliot: “I am ready to throw hands at everyone!”


Eliot: “Oh, never mind, this is my jam!”


Eliot: “High five for graduating, Gaiman!”


Lilly: “He’s still got the moves!”


I’ve let Gaiman graduate first because he was the one born first so… He’s technically older.


And of course, Lilly, the doting mother, is the one serving everyone’s meals.


Delilah: “These pork chops could use a sunny side up for a fun surprise.”

Lilly: “… Sorry, who are you, again?”


Simultaneous sports reactions!


Gaiman: “Whoa, I feel wobbly and unprepared for what life will throw at me.”


*snort* Jeez, why y’all sims gotta pair shorts with sweaters?


Bye Gaiman, we’ll see you in Everivory Fields!


One graduation down, but there’s still one to go.

Eliot: “Grilled cheese will make this graduation party perfect.”


Lilly: “Ryman, is this gentleman a friend of yours?”

Ryman: “Something like that.”

Eliot: “Would it be mean of me to ask you to refrain from hooking up at my graduation? Oh, why am I asking? It is mean and I am asking you not to hook up at my graduation party.”


Lilly then decides to break the awkward silence by smustling next to her seat.


You’re a bit close there, Lilly.

Eliot: “Dad, please stop her.”

Wilde: “No can do, your mother wants to be closer to Frances, obviously.”

Frances: *person person plus*


Eliot: “Thanks for coming, Daddy. I promise I’ll be the best heiress I can be.”

Wilde: “I know, honey.”


Meanwhile… This.


Bruce: “Aw, this family is so fun to be around.”


Nothing screams graduation party like the graduate’s father phasing his hand through her abdomen!


Time to see what the dice has rolled for you!


Eh, it’s okay but it’s not princess-y enough for you, Eliot.

Or pink enough, for the matter.


And there she goes, the future Booker generation six heiress!

Only she will bring in the next generation and God knows how that’s gonna go down.

But even though she’s gone, we still have two chaotic Bookers to look after so… Let’s go.


Because Eliot and Gaiman were the oldest in the household, they always cooked but now Du Maurier is the oldest…

Du Maurier: “Damn, they made lobster thermidor look easy.”

It’s gonna take some time.


Meanwhile, baby faced Ryman is still working towards his LTW.

This is Don Kim, his soon to be 3rd lover.


Don seems to be swept off his feet by Ryman.


Oh… Yeah.

Bruce graduated.

I forgot you were in the house, lad.

Bruce: “Heh, no worries!”


That’s probably the only appropriate outfit anyone’s gonna grow into so well done, Bruce!


Bruce: “Wait, where am I going again?”

Oh dear… I’m sure you won’t get lost! The driver knows where she’s going.


And then there were two.

Ryman takes advantage of having Du Maurier, who keeps to herself most of the time, by inviting Don back over.

His first date with Don didn’t exactly end as a dream date and they didn’t fall in love, so second time’s the charm.





I think we’re getting closer.


There it is!

Ryman: “I know you probably hear this often but I think I love you.”

Don: *person person plus*


Of course, Ryman has to woohoo with every sim he falls in love with because that’s just what Romance sims do.


I don’t think doing your assignment work in your underwear is the best way to end a date, Don.


Don: “Oh, lord.”

Ryman: “Here comes The Stud!”


Du Maurier: “Why am I hearing boss music?”


This is Mallory Young. (I actually wrote all of these names down LOL!)

Don’s experience with Academie le Tour’s biggest hottie obviously got around because she called him up looking for a good time.








Mallory: “Your whistling is very cute but I can think of something else those lips could be doing right now.”





Ryman: “Like that?”

Mallory: “…Yeah… Like that exactly. Wow.”


Four lovers!


Mallory: “Oh, this is awkward.”


Is Dom trying to tell Ryman something?

Why have all of these dates given my sims things to be abducted with!?


Because Du Maurier graduates soon, she and Ryman decide to hit up the town.

It’s also because Ryman’s bored of waiting for people to cross his lawn so he’s going scoping.


Of course, the two best siblings of the sixth generation has to have a photo taken together. I’m gonna put this up at the campus house for the next generation.

Du Maurier: “Pfft, Eliot’s kids will wish they were as cool as us.”


Du Maurier decides to spend her time at the nightclub by dancing whilst Ryman scopes out all the eligible people around him.


It seems like Vanessa Royce has been spotted!


Ryman: “I was on the dancefloor and I couldn’t help but notice how chic you look in that turtleneck.”


Vanessa: “Aw, thanks. Your nails are cute. Do you like pink, blue, and purple?”

Ryman: “I like all the colours, baby.”


DJ: “Raise your hands if you’re single and looking for love!”

Du Maurier: “Does it count if it’s from the stars?”

DJ: “Sure!”

Du Maurier: “WHOOO!”

Accidental K-drama reference was definitely accidental.


Oh look, a blonde countess. I’m definitely making notes, but being this far into the legacy, I doubt I’ll have time to vampire scope for a future spouse…


Ryman succeeds in taking Vanessa home.

And doesn’t the wall look a little empty?


Ta-da!

Ryman: “Graaaay! I’m trying to do something here!”

Sorry…


That makes five lovers!


Ryman: “All this woohooing is fun and all but… Making beds. That’s the real satisfaction.”


Du Maurier: “Hey, Kaylynn, I’m about to graduate. Wanna meet up and talk?”


Kaylynn: “What did you wanna talk about?”

Du Maurier: “How fine you look today. Damn.”


Kaylynn: “What’s gonna be your plan when you graduate?”


Du Maurier: “Get a job as a doctor and climb that ladder to chief of staff. Maybe get abducted along the way and have three or four alien children.”

Kaylynn: “Any room for making out in that schedule?”


Du Maurier: “Not unless it’s with you.”

Kaylynn: “Good answer.”





Of course, I won’t let Kaylynn and Du Maurier’s relationship end like this. They’ve both caught feelings and so it only makes it fair that Kaylynn comes back into Du Maurier’s life, even if it’s not permanent.


Zoe: “Uh, I didn’t say I wanted to date you. I just said you were cute.”

Ryman: “This one’s confusing me.”


It took a few flirts here…


…And there, but in the end she accepted.


Ryman: “Stop telling me to tickle people! I have no playful points at all! I’m more serious than Uncle Dickens!”

You say that but Dickens had 10 playful points so yeah, you are more serious but I don’t think that was the analogy you wanted to make, was it?

Ryman: “Oh, just skip to the next photo.”


And Zoe Zimmerman makes six!


Ryman: “How dare you graduate and leave me to defend for myself! Can’t you see I am just a baby?”

Du Maurier: “Just a baby who has woohooed with seven different sims and has fallen in love with six.”


Yup, unfortunately it’s the day Du Maurier graduates and I can no longer play her full time…

Excuse me, I have a boulder in my eye *sniff*


Wilde: “I’m proud of you, baby girl.”

Du Maurier: “I’m sorry I let you down at the end.”

Wilde: “No, you could never do that.”


Nothing strange here, just typical family bonding.


Ryman: “And then I told her that I loved her but she had to leave before my class started…”


Lilly: “You’re so naughty, Ryman.”


Ryman: “Well, she’s not the first sim I did it to.”


That is the face of a woman who has realised her favourite child (who isn’t even hers biologically) is a bit too naughty.


Don’t you just love Booker family gatherings?


Smustling in the bathroom is forbidden!





It’s not what I’d have you wear, but it’s not awful.

Everyone except Gaiman seems to be getting somewhat acceptable clothing…


Goodbye, Du Maurier.


Gabriel: “Even at college I can’t escape your awful family spying on me!”

Ryman: “Dude I don’t even know who you are!”


Gabriel: “I’ll make you remember!”

Ryman: “Whoa, hey, I’m a pacifist!”

Says the person who fought a llama mascot.

Ryman: “He fought me.”


Gretchen Lawson is unable to resist Ryman’s charms.

She’s also a dead ringer for Grandma Andrea which is a fair few generations back.


And she is number seven!


Lilly Reamon will be Ryman’s final conquest as he is now in the final half of his senior year.


She’s obviously keeping more than just mail in that bag.


Don’t be fooled by the lack of bed. After Ryman fell for her, they went upstairs and woohooed.


What are you doing now?

Ryman: “I have a day left before I graduate, so I decided to write a book. I mean, you’re writing one so it can’t be that hard.”

You mean the one I’ve been writing for two years?

Ryman: “Yeah, that one.”


And there it is. It’s just a smutty romance book but I’m sure his nieces and nephews will appreciate it.


Ryman: “Whoo yeah! My final exam is in three hours and then I’m outta here!”


Ryman: “Tag, you’re it, Yusun!”

Wait, aren’t you gonna have a party?!


Ryman: “Nope.”

Oh, my God. Cheese and crackers. I cannot tell if that’s inappropriate or very appropriate.


Why so glum, chum?

Ryman: “I’m gonna miss you.”

I’ll see you soon, Ryman. But first I gotta tackle your sister’s reign of the family.

Ryman: “She wouldn’t have been as cool as me.”

No, I know, but she’s gotta try.

And that concludes generation 6! I keep saying we're getting close to the end but we still have a ways away. I feel like this legacy is going on longer than usual because I decided to have a founding generation instead of a first generation.

Anyway, now that we have a lot of sims, maybe it's time to update the sexuality list? I know I enjoy looking back and seeing how different everyone is.

Yvonne - Gay
Wynne - Straight
Austen - Bisexual
Bronte - Straight
Hardy - Straight
Lawrence - Gay
Atwood - Bisexual
Ellis - Straight
Shelley - Straight
Angelou - Bisexual
Morrison - Gay
Baldwin - Bisexual
Dickens - Gay
Wilde - Straight
Gaiman - Straight
Eliot - Straight
Du Maurier - Gay
Ryman - Bisexual

This list is gonna get long by the end of the legacy.

The next time you'll see this legacy, we'll be dealing with Eliot's reign. How do you think she'll do? I have no clue, I haven't played her yet but she is the epitome of chaotic evil so who knows?

Until then!

See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment