Monday 16 March 2020

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 7, Chapter 1: For the Sake of It


Hello and welcome back to the Literal Booker Legacy!

Previously, Wilde and Lilly eloped after having a big argument. They then proceeded to have a happy marriage and brought three children into the legacy together: Gaiman, Eliot, and Du Maurier. Wilde was then abducted and brought in the fourth Booker of the generation: Ryman.

Eliot was voted heiress by popular vote and got engaged to her sweetheart, Bruce Schweber. 

Now, we begin Eliot and Bruce's reign of the legacy. Shall we see what happens?

Also, take note of how many times they argue over the whole generation. You'll be surprised (or not. You know what Eliot's like).



Wilde: “I don’t know about you, but I can hear arguing.”

Lilly: “Strange. Me too.”


Eliot: “How could you tip the taxi driver that much, Bruce?! We’re not made of money!”

Bruce: “It kinda looks like you are, honey…”


Bruce: “I’m sorry if I tipped her too much but I thought she deserved it after you tore into her clothes.”

Eliot: “Well, khaki isn’t her colour. She’ll thank me later.”


Eliot: “Oh, I do enjoy arguing.”


Wilde: “I thought we heard you out here.”

Eliot: “Hi, Daddy!”

Lilly: “Bruce, you certainly look exhausted after such a long drive.”

Bruce: “Now that you mention it…”

Lilly: “You wouldn’t want to mess up that handsome face.”

… So, guess who also have three bolts?

Yup. Lilly and Bruce.


You guys know you have your own bedroom upstairs?

Eliot: “Does it have a TV?”

Um, no but-

Eliot: “Not interested.”


We should probably get to know Bruce a little better:

Bruce Shweber is a Family sim who wants to have six grandchildren. Not unachievable.

He’s a Cancer sim who is neat, shy, active, serious, and nice. He likes sims who are logical and artistic and hates hats.

He’s just a very basic sim. Yvonne had similar traits so let’s hold out and maybe he’ll surprise us.


Wilde: “Isn’t it great to have the house full again?”





Eliot: “Wait, so will I have to have my portrait painted like this?”

Eventually, yes.


Eliot: “How vapid. I’m unimpressed.”


Baldwin: “You sold my BED?!”

Listen, pal, it was a cheap Ikea bed and we all know how those feel to sleep in so I had to sell it.

Baldwin: “YOU SOLD MY BED!”


Eliot: “Let’s lay down some ground rules: no video games when the kids start popping out.”

Bruce: “How many kids are we having?”

Eliot: “Irrelevant.”


Eliot: “No TV either. The kids need our full attention.”


Bruce: “Can I watch TV whilst you’re pregnant?”

Eliot: “Uh… Duh?”


Bruce: “That’s enough talking now. We’re finally alone and I think we know there are better things to talk about than babies that aren’t here yet.”


Baldwin: “Feck off.”

B-but…

Baldwin: “Don’t you understand how pissed I am!”


Eliot: “His hair is so soft.”


Wilde: “How do you like the arrangement for your wedding?”

Eliot: “It’s gross. I don’t like it.”


Eliot: “And the arch doesn’t match the flowers!”


Wilde: “Is that better?”

Eliot: “Much. I do have one question though.”


Eliot: “Why are there four chairs?”


Wilde: “Obvious answer, I’m assuming you’re going to invite Gaiman and Rie, right?”


Eliot: “Why the hell would I want Rie there!? Just so she can upstage me with her multiple alien babies?!”

Wilde: “Eliot, she hasn’t even moved into the suburbs yet, you’re being a bit extreme.”


Wilde: “You’ll invite Gaiman at least, right? He’s still your twin brother.”

Eliot: “Ugh, so he can try and hit on the maid? No thank you.”


Eliot: “This wedding is so not worth the effort.”

Wilde: “Well, you can’t elope; your mother and I already did that storyline.”

Eliot: “FECK.”

Bruce: “Wow, the wildlife out here is so pretty!”


Bruce: “So, uh, I know I was pretending not to listen but I couldn’t help but overhear.”

Eliot: “I know, you’re not very good at pretending, Bruce.”

Bruce: “Why don’t we just get married right now, before your parents can invite your siblings?”

Eliot: “Bruce, you’re a genius!”


Eliot: “ATTENTION PARENTAL UNITS! PLEASE JOIN US OUTSIDE FOR THE WEDDING OF THE CENTURY!”


Eliot: “Who’s that asshole in Mom’s seat?”

Wilde: “No idea.”

Lilly: “I’m fine here, I have a picturesque view.”


Eliot: “I promise to argue with you lovingly until the day we die.”

Bruce: “And I promise to always agree with you.”

Yeesh.





Bruce Shweber is now Bruce Booker!


Wilde: “I knew we should have had four feckin’ seats.”





Doesn’t Eliot just look so beautiful and princess-like in that dress?


Eliot: “Babies. Now.”

Bruce: “What’s the magic word?”

Eliot: “Divorce.”

Bruce: “Alright, fine.”


Wilde’s face just screams: Why are you wasting my grandmother’s hard grown produce on a salad!?


Bruce: “Your father is very good at playing the piano.”

Eliot: “Uh, yeah. We all are. We have to be good at everything.”

Bruce: “Wait, really?”


Eliot: “Shush, don’t worry about it. Let’s just cuddle to the sound of his music.”





Wilde: “These damn kids, I wish they’d get a room.”


After getting bored of dancing to Wilde’s music, Eliot decides to challenge Bruce to a game of chess – well, he does like logical sims after all.


Eliot: “Whoa, wait, what’s that there! Is that my sister, Rie?”

Bruce: “Aw, really?”


Eliot: “Haha, I’m definitely going to yell at you for falling for that.”


Bruce: “I don’t see her.”

Eliot: “You’re lucky you’re cute.”


Hehehehe, it looks like it’s almost time to start generation 7!


Bruce: “You went to the same university right? So you know the secret dance. You cluck like a chicken as you flap your arms.”


Wilde: “Son, are you trying to insult me?”

Bruce: “Oh.”


Eliot: “Oh, goodness!”


It’s time to brush up on your parenting, Eliot!

Eliot: “Wait, I think I owe my mom an apology.”

You can do that after you finish the book.


Bruce: “Did you change your clothes?”


Eliot: “Actually, I’m pregnant!”

Bruce: “Oh, that’s nice.”


Eliot: “What do you mean oh, that’s nice!? You’re supposed to be ecstatic!”


Bruce: “You’re right, honey. I’m sorry. I’m really excited for our bundle of joy.”


And then Bruce decides to read up on how to please women.


Eliot: “I hope my baby likes grilled cheese!”


Jude put that down.

Jude: “No!”


Eliot: “Who allowed the dog on the bed?”


Bruce is getting more excited the closer the due date gets. He can’t stop touching Eliot’s little belly.

Bruce: “Wait, I think I felt two feet. Are we having twins?”

Eliot: “Don’t be stupid, Bruce, all babies have two feet.”


It’s a bit boring when your sim has mastered all of her skills and is unemployed… I guess I could get her working in the garden so her children have fresh produce to take to college… But instead, I made her paint.


Eliot: “I can hear some bullshit.”

Eliot, what are you doing?

Eliot: “It’s you, Gray, you’re on some.”

Some what?

Eliot: “Bullshit.”


Eliot: “Why is my husband working out in that?”

Because he likes it. It could be worse, it could be a leotard.


Wilde: “Nice catch, hon.”

Eliot: “This baby is giving me extra strength. Watch me throw long!”


Bruce: “You are glowing, my love.”


In the bathroom, really?


Bruce: “This is stressing me out!”

Eliot: “STRESSING YOU OUT!?”


Welcome to the world Joyce Booker!

Joyce is named after James Joyce, an Irish Modernist writer. His most famous works include Dubliners (My all-time favourite book! Though I think I say that for a lot of these writers tbh), Ulysses, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, and Finnegans Wake.

Joyce has Eliot’s brown hair and Bruce’s grey eyes!


Eliot: “Here, take this one.”

Not again, surely?


Ahahahahahahahahaha.

Kill me.

Anyway, this little one is Alcott. Louise May Alcott is most famous for having written Little Women, which is the first book of a trilogy! The trilogy also contains Little Men and Jo’s Boys. She has also written many novels under her own name as well as a penname A.M Barnard. These include Behind a Mask, or A Woman’s Power, A Long Fatal Chase, and The Abbot’s Ghost, or Maurice Treherne’s Temptation.

Wow, she really likes her extended titles…

Anyway, our little Alcott has Wilde’s black hair and Bruce’s grey hair.

I genuinely thought the black hair was done with… Why has it come back?


Bruce: “Drink up, my son.”


Eliot: “Do we really only have green milk? That’s not normal.”


Not going to lie, the black and grey combination really spoke to me and I realised it’s because of Brandi Broke.


These two are happy to be grandparents at last.


We can’t just end this generation with just two.

We need at least one more!


Instead of falling asleep immediately after like her husband, Eliot is a mother on a mission.


Paperboy: “Hello Mr Booker, fine morning!”

Bruce: “Indeed it is, son!”


Ookay… He’s interesting.

I have like one custom face template downloaded and I honestly forgot about it until this paperboy turned up…

I think I’m gonna have to marry him in. What do you think?


Bruce’s OTH is tinkering so I sold the family car and bought this instead.

Bruce: “I liked that car.”

You’ll like this one better after you’ve worked hard to make it all yours.


Eliot: “Hello ickle baby boy!”

Eliot is still family secondary, don’t worry. She may be a Grilled Cheese sim primarily, but she’s still the sim you all voted for.


Eliot: “Oh, I shouldn’t have bent over like that…”


Eliot: “HURK!”

Baby number three (and please let it be ONLY three and not three and four) is on their way!


Joyce: “What is that green thing? Why do I feel a sense of foreboding regarding it?”


Honestly, the twins look so similiar from a distance, their hair colour being their only differentiating feature, that I have no idea if Wilde is holding Alcott or Joyce…

Wilde: “At least I’m allowed near my grandchildren now. Eliot was being really overprotective.”

She’s a new mother, what do you expect?


Wilde: “One day I’ll be visiting here but in Eliot’s inventory.”


Yes, it’s time to say goodbye to Baldwin and Serdar. They didn’t really do much haunting this time around but at least I can focus on the household without worry.

Baldwin has joined his parents, Shelley and Heath.


Sophie: “I hope Phoebe isn’t watching this!”


Mitch: “I’m sure that’s disrectful… Isn’t your grandmother buried here?”

Sophie: “Yeah. Why. Is yours?”

Mitch: “No…”


Wilde: “Heh. Who put soap in the fountain?”


Eliot: “It looks like it’s going to rain…”


Eliot: “Oh, Daddy’s back.”





Rupert, I know you’re a criminal mastermind but this is surely the lowest of the low.



This game is far too realistic.


Eliot: “Oh, my!”


Bruce: “Oh, hello, little one! You interrupted mine and your mother’s date but not to fear, we’re both very excited to meet you.”

Eliot: “I see you learnt your lesson.”


Back to working on the car?

Bruce: “Eliot said I can’t watch TV or play video games but she didn’t say anything about the car.”

That, my friend, is called a loophole.


Bruce: “Ah, heck!”


Gaiman, you don’t live here anymore.

Gaiman: “I heard Eliot got married and didn’t invite me.”

Look, I had nothing to do with that…


Bruce: “I will make his car work before my next baby is born.”

Spoiler: He didn’t.


Eliot: “I’m so excited for you to meet your little brother or sister, Joyce! You’re going to be an amazing big brother. Like my own…”

If you miss him, call him.

Eliot: “No, I’m not weak like those three.”

You’re family; it’s not a weakness to miss your siblings.

Eliot: “Hmph.”

***

Anyway, I think we’ll end the chapter there! I know in the college chapter I grumbled about Eliot being voted heir BUT I have discovered that Eliot has Wilde’s eyes and jawline and cheekbones so I’m very happy at the diversity Eliot has to pass on. So thank you for voting for her and letting her win.

No comments:

Post a Comment