Wednesday 8 July 2020

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 9, Chapter 2: Little Feet


Hello and welcome back to the Literal Booker Legacy!

Last time Dante and Phil got married and Dante brought the first child of generation 9 into the world – a little blond boy called Murakami!

Let’s read on to see what else brings this growing family!



Oh no! Lulu’s an old girl now. She looks so graceful with all the grey in her fur.


Christie: “This is such a grim place.”

Don’t worry, the next time you come here you won’t even be aware of it.

Christie: “That doesn’t make me feel any better, you know!”


I really do love the mourn interaction with gravestones. It gives a lot of details to grief – sometimes it’s the frustration of missing someone.


And sometimes it’s just the overwhelming sadness of coping with the loss.

Christie: “I miss you!”


Phil’s taken to writing in his diary.

Phil: “Dear diary, yesterday my husband gave birth to a boy! He’s a beautiful boy with my hair colour and Dan's eye colour. I can only hope he grows up to be big and smart like his fathers.”


Dante: “Daddy loves you! Yes he does!”


He did this autonomously too. I guess I shouldn't be too worried about him not interacting with his children.


Christie: “We may be getting old, girl, but we still got some life in us yet, ain’t we!”




Christie: “Now, who keeps taking baths and breaking the bathtub!”


Christie: “My, my. A blond Booker. The last time that happened he was overshadowed by my mother. Let’s hope you don’t get overshadowed by your siblings, huh?”


Christie: “You’re so cute. You remind me of your father when he was this small. So cuddly, so cute, so soft.”


Christie: “No, not cake!”

Waters: “Party time! Where is my nephew?”


I feel bad for Dante. If the reboot hadn’t been done, his own birthdays would be filled with family too.


Never mind, at least Kami has his loving grandparents.


And his doting parents and auntie Tes. I think that’s more than enough for now.





I mean, he could grow into it. Dante’s nose and Phil’s mouth don’t go well together – check!

Anyway! Little Murakami is an Aries who is neat, outgoing, active, serious, and playful. I can’t remember the last time we had an outgoing sim in this legacy – they always seem so shy.


Hooray! Finally I have pictures of the Bookers smustling!


Waters: “Lulu you’ve gotten grey, girl. Has it really been that long?”


Murakami: “I will dwink this gween thing.”


Murakami: “I got the music in me!”

Murakami’s OTH is music and dance! That’s new!


Dante: “Thanks for coming to the party, Tes. It’s always nice to see you.”

Waters: “Man, you’re gonna have your hands full with more kids in the house so good luck to you. Don’t forget to invite me for birthdays, I want lots of cake!”


Speaking of more babies in the house…


Phil’s rolled loads of wants for his baby son, a hidden Family sim, maybe?

The first thing he wants to do is teach Kami how to walk.


Dante: “Somehow watching this fills my tummy with butterflies.”


Dante: “Oh, never mind, it’s just another baby!”


Phil: “Come to Papa!”





Phil: “Atta boy!”


Phil: “Who’s Papa’s clever little boy?”


Phil: “Hey, what’s with the change of clothes?”


Dante: “I’m pregnant again.”


Phil: “Already? We just had little Kami.”

Dante: “Not we - I just had Kami.”

Phil: “True and you did amazingly well, babe.”

Dante: *person person plus*


Phil: “But at least we’ll have another little you in the house!”

Dante: “Why all the obsession with little me’s?”

Phil: “I like your face.”

Dante: “I like yours, too. Maybe this one will be a little you.”


Phil: “Either way, Papa’s gonna love them forever and ever!”


Phil: “Where’s Kami gone?”


Dante: “There he is!”


Phil: “Peekaboo!”


Christie: “Did you hear about my dad?”


Christie: “He’s dead!”


How is that gossip? How?


Fa-Zhai: “Drat, this little simian has captured hold of me! Unleash me, child!”


Murakami: “Soft.”

Fa-Zhai: “Okay, just this once.”


And here we see the wild Blair Booker approaching the pack’s young. This is his first interaction with the young since their birth.

Seriously, Blair, this is your first time interacting with your own grandson? What the hell, my dude?


Phil: “Why is this stray dog playing in garbage?”


Murakami: “Daddy whee!”


Dante: “You missed my second pop.”

I did. I’m sorry.

Dante: “For shame.”


NO. I knew it couldn’t be avoided because Fa-Zhai is an elder but it’s still hard to see a pet go.


Grim: “Such a shame, you weren’t in this family for long, Fa-Zhai, but no worries. I know some sims on the other side who love dogs and will take tremendous care of you.”


Lulu: “NOOOOOOOO!”


Christie: “No, Fa-Zhai!”

It’s such a shame, he wasn't meant to be in the family long but at least he lived a happy life.


And here Fa-Zhai rests.


Okay, I’ve had this game for over a decade and I have only just noticed how the sims hold the baby with one arm and turn the tap with the other hand. I know it’s such a minor detail but it’s just so cool how realistic some of the interactions are.


Dante: “Time to get squeaky clean!”


Murakami: “No bed! Not tiwerd!”


Be careful, Dante, doing such vigorous activities could send you into early labour.

Dante: “No it can’t, don’t be ridiculous.”


Dante: “Ow! Ow! I’m sorry! Forgive me, Gray!”

I’m not doing that.

It means baby number two is ready to arrive!


It’s another boy! He also has blond hair and had Phil’s blue eyes instead of Dante’s grey ones.

It’s funny, with the skin tone he kinda looks bald because his eyebrows get lost amongst the tone.


See?

Anyway, welcome to family Kwan Booker!

Kwan is named after Kevin Kwan, the Singaporean author who wrote the critically acclaimed book, Crazy Rich Asians (which was also adapted into a feature film a few years ago and is very worth the watch. It’s one of my favourite movies and the only romcom that succeeds in making me cry), and its sequels, China Rich Girlfriend and Rich People Problems. He also recently released another book called Sex and Vanity which came out this past June*.

If you haven’t yet checked out the Crazy Rich Asians trilogy, I highly recommend it. It’s so scandalous with all the interwoven storylines, it almost feels like you’re reading a gossip magazine but not as a guilt-trippy because they’re fictional characters instead of real people with real feelings and real problems (and yes, I hate gossip magazines).

Also check out the movie adaptation too, it’s definitely worth your time. Awkwafina is phenomenal.

*as of time of writing in July 2020.


Christie: “Haha! Fooled you!”


Christie: “Another baby in the house! How lucky!”


It’s little Kami’s birthday today which means he needs one more toddler skill before he ages up.

Phil takes it upon himself to teach Kami to talk as soon as he gets home from work.

As you can tell by his face, it’s not going too well.


Phil: “Can you say ‘bear’?”


Murakami: “No!”

Phil: “Ah…”


Christie: “You know how much I hate cake.”

You know how little I care.


It’s time for little Murakami to walk on his own two feet!

Let’s see if he’ll grow into his features.


Eh, he’ll get there.

Murakami: “Look, Pa! Hands!”


Murakami: “Ahem-“

Nope, sorry. Already made that joke. Your Auntie Tes is miles ahead of you.

Murakami: “Drat.”


Time for the third and final baby. Get busy, you two!


Murakami had a really good birthday party!


Christie: “This child is broken!”

Why do you sims always say the same thing - he’s not broken, he just needs a diaper change!


Papa’s skilling for work, Kami’s skilling for college scholarships.


And Daddy’s throwing up in the bathroom.


Christie: “My motherly instincts predict that you’re about to be a big brother, Kwan.”


Blair: “Seeing you with our grandson reminds me of when we had Tes and Dante.”

Christie: “Oh, don’t start being all romantic, Blair. At least wait till we’re in the bedroom…”


Blair: “Boys. Boys! I’m trying to watch the television!”


Blair eventually gave up and left to do something else. I don’t think Dante or Phil even realised he was there to begin with.


Phil: “Are you excited, it’s your little brother’s birthday!”

Murakami: “I guess it’s exciting. It’ll be better when he’s my age and we can play together.”


The bigger the family gets the harder it is to fit them all into one photo.





Well, one of them had to have Dante’s mouth.

Kwan has Phil’s eyes and nose and Dante’s everything else as far as I can tell. He’s rather cute!

Oh no, is that fish mouth growing on me!?

Kwan is a Pisces (like meee! Okay, I’ll stop now hahaha!) who is neat, shy, active, serious, and playful. His personality is actually identical to his dad, Phil.


Kwan: “I wuv bwocks!”

It looks like Grandma’s brewing something special for you in the background, kiddo.


Christie: “Where’d Kwan go!?”

You can’t miss him. He’s glowing.


Murakami: “I heard Grandma and Gray talk about recycling you. What does that mean?”


Waters: “It just means I’m special, honey. Nothing traumatic or anything.”

Murakami: “Will I be recycled?”

Waters: “If you make enough of an impact.”


Murakami: “Thanks Auntie Tes!”

Waters: “Not sure what I did, but sure, kiddo.”


Dante: “You missed it again!”

Okay, okay, I’m sorry!


Phil! Drinking in the nursery!

Phil: “It’s not mine, I swear. Tes came upstairs before she left to play with Kwan and must’ve had a drink.”

Tut tut.


Phil: “Come on, little man, time to walk!”

Lulu: “And I shall guard you, little simian.”


Dante: “Shocking news, babe but I am pregnant. Again.”


Phil: “That’s actually really good news.”


Phil: “Please be a girl, little one!”


Phil: “What’s that? She says she’s gonna kick these boys’ backsides in the heir poll!”

Dante: “She? What makes you so sure it’s a girl?”

Phil: “It’s just gotta happen, right? Two boys and now one girl. We’re not that unlucky, are we?”


Gabriel: “If she already has a hobby why does she like spying on me!?”

No clue, man, no clue.


Dante: “Oh good gravy it’s a fire!”


Dante: “Lulu, get away from the fire!”


Crisis adverted, but it almost felt as if the stress of the fire caused Dante to pop for the second and last time!


Dante: “Wow! I can’t wait to never wear these PJs again.”


That’s the smile of someone who is excited to not be pregnant anymore after this one.


I’ve never seen a baby look so disgruntled at taking a bath.


Dante: “Gray’s been awfully mean and not given you much screen time, hasn't she, girl?”

Here, screen time. You happy?


It’s Kami’s first day at school!


See you soon, champ! Have fun!


And it seems like nothing else happened during the day. It’s as if Kami got on the bus and then immediately got off of it. It’s rather funny.


Murakami: “My grades aren’t funny, Gray!”

No. I … know.

Sorry?


Dante being a good father and helping his son with his homework. It must be nice having two dads who work in very scientific careers.


Someone left Kwan downstairs and now he’s boogying to the music!


Gabriel: “If you have a garden, why don’t you knock it off with the spying!”


Christie: “Don’t start with me pal! I may be old but I use my grandmother’s punching bag religiously. I’ll knock your head clean off those shoulders!”


Dante: “HELP! ANYONE!”


Dante: “THIS HURTS SO MUCH MORE THAN LAST TIME!”


Christie: “Please make it stop!”


And it’s a…

Boy.

Yes, I suppose Dante and Phil really are that unlucky!

This little one is called Kim. A common Korean last name but it was actually chosen for Kim Youngha, a modern Korean novelist. Kim’s works include, I Have the Right to Destroy Myself, The Paper, A Murderer’s Guide to Memorization, and Brother has Returned, amongst others. There’s not much to know about Kim Youngha, it’s rather hard trying to find information on Korean novelists (as well as find English translations of Korean novels) on the internet. It’s rather strange. I have actually read I Have the Right to Destroy Myself and if you’re interested in reading it, I’d go in carefully because it tackles the topic of suicide and romanticises it frequently.

If you’re interested in other Korean novels, I’d recommend Please Look After Mother, by Shin Kyungsook.

Kim Booker is a red head with blue eyes and is the final child to be born into the ninth generation!

And this is where we leave this chapter, folks! Which of these three boys will bring in the last generation and successfully complete this legacy! You will decide so make sure you choose wisely!

Until next time, see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment