Sunday 2 June 2019

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 2, Chapter 4: End of a Day


Weeeeelcome back to the Literal Booker legacy!

Recap: Cherry is the worst sim in the world.

She's pregnant with baby number 4.



Oh, it’s Lawrence’s turn to hog the telescope. Where’s Hardy?

Lawrence: “I dunno.”

You’re twins, shouldn’t you have telepathy?

Lawrence: “Didn’t you say you weren’t going to play us anymore because mommy’s having another baby.”

I never…

Lawrence: “We haven’t seen you in a while. How’s your sims 4 family?”*

… Hardy? Where are you?!

* (At time of writing I rage quit my game and played the sims 4 extensively for about a month before coming back to the sims 2.)


Oh, here you are, playing with Jakey.

Hardy: “It’s the ol’ razzle dazzle!”


Hardy: “You’re such a good boy, Jake!”

I realised that the previous chapters have been a bit… lacklustre in the kids department so I’m trying to focus more on them but… with Cherry being pregnant, it’s really hard.


And here she is: the troublemaker.

Whoever said that Cherry and Austen would have four kids… You did this to me. You predicted this.


Don’t you dare smile at me! Your time here is nearly up!

Yvonne: “I know.”


 Well, I’ll let you two have one last night together…


I’m really going to miss them.


Lawrence, what are you doing in your parents’ bedroom?

Lawrence: “Hardy and Bronte left me out.”

That’s the problem with an odd number of kids…


Bronte: “I bet Mommy’s new baby will be a girl!”

Hardy: “No way, it’ll be a boy.”


Bronte: “What makes you so sure?”

Hardy: “Just think about it. Picture a baby boy.”

Bronte: “Okay?”

Hardy: “There, that’s all you need.”

Bronte: “That doesn’t prove your point at all!”


Austen: “Oh, hello and welcome to the gun show!”

You yoga-d yourself to fitness, you have no guns.


Good news today, Lawrence?

Lawrence: “Nah, another B…”


Lawrence: “Just kidding! I got an A+!”


Hardy: “See you tomorrow bus driver lady!”

He’s always so polite…


And the verdict is?


Hardy: “A+!”


Austen’s a little more enthusiastic about Lawrence’s A+ than she was about Bronte’s…

Austen: “I have smart kids!”


Bronte: “Mommy, do you know if your baby will be a boy or a girl?”


Cherry: “No, sweetie, I don’t. But don’t worry, your momma and I won’t love you three any less when the baby arrives.”

Bronte: “Well, I wasn’t that concerned, but thanks for the affirmation.”

Do you also believe in karma, what you give is what you get returned?

Cherry: “Right, I’m leaving.”


Hardy: “If mommy has a boy, we can team up and take down Bronte. We’ll be the favourites for heirship.”


Lawrence: “You’re an idiot, Hardy, if mommy has another boy, Bronte will be the favourite for being the only girl!”

Hardy: “Oh, dang, you’re right!”


Cherry, what are you googling?

Cherry: “The psychological effects on children when parents’ have another baby with such a large age gap between their older kids.”


Cherry: “ALRIGHT, WHICH ONE OF YOU TERRORS BROKE THE BATHTUB!?”


Hardy: “It wasn’t me!”


Hardy: “It was you!”

Lawrence: “What? No way!”


Lawrence: “It was you!”

Hardy: “It wasn’t me!”


Andrea: “It was you, wasn’t it, Bron?”

Bronte: “… I plead the fifth; the boys are way more destructive than I am!”


Austen: *choke* “I’m dying!”

A-Austen!?


Oh, I get it, you’re playing.


Austen, weakly: “I can see the light!”





Austen: “Like that! Now you try, Jake.”








Jake: “Like that master?”


Austen: “Oh, he picked it up quickly.”


Austen: “Good boy!”


Austen decides to spend the rest of the night playing with Cherry’s career reward. I’ll admit, out of all of the ones I’ve gotten thus far, this is by far my favourite.


This one less so, just because it takes up so much space. I might have to expand the study area…


Yvonne: “Hey, um, I’m gonna retire now. Thanks for everything, I’ll see you all soon.”



How does that feel?

Yvonne: “Well, it feels exciting to be done with work, but the fact that you waited until I was nearly dying makes me angry. I don’t have much time to enjoy my retirement.”

Honestly, I thought you just enjoyed working that much.

Yvonne: “Well, you weren’t wrong.”


Cherry: “Oh, goodness! The baby’s almost here!”


Austen: “I won’t lie, I’m a little mad you’re pregnant but… with Mom almost leaving us, it’ll be nice to have a little one in the house.”


Austen: “But this is definitely the last one.”

Cherry: “Agreed.”


There was no real need for this picture, I just thought it was funny how Cherry started to wring her hands and Austen began to stretch.


Yvonne: “Y’know, this gives me a feeling of deja-vu. I re member playing with the chess the day Wynne left for university. That feels so long ago now.”

Austen: “Mommy…”


Yvonne: “I may be getting old and senile, but I know I will beat you in this game. Consider it a goodbye present from me.”

Austen: “Mom… I just want you to stay…”


Yvonne: “My time has come, my dear Austen. I’ll be calling your sister later on today to say goodbye. You take care of Cherry, and raise your kids with proper morals.”

Austen: “I had the best instructor, I won’t go wrong.”

Yvonne: “You were always a good kid.”

Austen: “I never did get to thank you for everything.”

Yvonne: “You never had to. I love you, Austen.”

Austen: “I love you too, Mom.”


It’s a big day today, Cherry.

Bronte will be becoming a teenager and your new baby will arrive!

Cherry: “And Yvonne will be passing on.”

Well, yes… but try and focus on the positives.

Cherry: “…Kay.”


Yvonne: “Hello? Wynnie?”

Wynne: “Mom? What’s up?”


Yvonne: “Oh, nothing my dear, I just wanted to check up on you and see how little Howl’s doing.”

Wynne: “Why don’t you come down tomorrow? I’m sure Howl would love to see you again.”


Yvonne: “I’m afraid I can’t do that Wynne. My time is coming to a close. I’m calling to say goodbye.”

Wynne: “Wh-what?!”

Yvonne: “Take care of yourself, Wynnie. I’m glad I could see you be happy at last before I passed on.”


Wynne: “I’m going to miss you Mommy.”

Yvonne: “I’ll miss you too, love. But you’ll be fine. For Howl.”

Wynne: “Yes, I’ll be strong, for my baby. I love you Mom, take care.”

Yvonne: “You take care too. I love you.”


Yvonne: “You’ve given me the best years of my life, Andrea. You gave me two beautiful girls and a place to call home.”

Andrea: “Yvonne…”

Yvonne: “My only regret to you was that I couldn’t give you a proper wedding.”



Yvonne: “You only ever deserved the best, my love.”

Andrea: “I never asked for anything more because I had you by my side.”


Yvonne: “Thank you for staying by my side, Andrea. Thank you being my other half.”


Andrea: “I love you.”





Yvonne: “And I’ll always love you.”


Yvonne decided that saying goodbye to Cherry in the bathroom was the best idea.

Yvonne: “I’m sorry we didn’t have enough time to get to know one another, Cherry.”


Cherry: “Don’t worry about it Mrs B. Thank you for letting me into your family.”

Yvonne: “I would do it again.”


Yvonne: “Look after Austen. I know you’ll raise your babies properly. I have faith in you.”

Cherry: “Don’t you worry, I won’t let you down.”


Oh, God, here it comes.

The last goodbye.


Grim: “Come on, Mrs Booker, your hard work is over now.”

Yvonne: “Say, what’s on the other side?”

Grim: “All you can drink cocktails and-“

Yvonne: “You had me at all you can drink cocktails!”


Yvonne Booker, of all the founders I had over my years of trying and failing with legacies, you were by far the best of the lot. You were exciting and funny, and the fact that you were a knowledge sim made my life so much more easier for the most part. You and Andrea were a dream team together and gave me two of my favourite heir runners thus far.

Thank you Yvonne for starting this legacy off with a bang. You’ll be sorely missed, my love.


And here she rests temporarily until Andrea joins her and then we’ll be setting up a family graveyard off the lot. I’ll miss her for sure, but it’s time for her to rest.


However, despite the fact that Yvonne had only just passed away, Bronte still had to grow up.

She stared down at the cake and wondered just what life was really about.


She stepped up to the cake and began to wish. She wished for a life without commitment, with free choice and happiness. She wished to see her grandma again.





Bronte grew up and rolled into the Romance aspiration! She really likes blond sims with facial hair and despises stinky sims.

She aspires to be in the Hall of Fame the most.


Bronte: “Grandma!”


She had been enamoured with literature since childhood and often found herself invested in books.

Typical! You’re named after a few famous authors!


I won’t lie, I like her the most right now. She’s beautiful.


Andrea: “Yvonne!”

Austen: “Mom!”


Austen: “How can I continue this legacy without her?”

Andrea: “Well, you’ve already had the kids you need, Austen. You just need to be a strong matriarch. Don’t you worry; you have Cherry to help you.”


Austen: “Thanks, Mama.”

Andrea: “No worries, my baby. You’ll be okay. You’re a big, strong girl and she taught you so well.”


That night, Austen kept close to Cherry, watching over her and pondering about how quickly life had passed by already. Not that she had any complaints, Cherry was all she needed to be truly happy.


With the kids in bed, Andrea decided to take advantage of the free telescope.


Whatcha lookin’ for?


Andrea: “I found her! She’s the brightest star in the sky! I see you, Yvonne.”

Ah… You’re like me… You feel lonely so you look to the stars to find the ones you've lost and miss.


Bronte is a really good big sister!


This is so sweet; she’s tucking Hardy into bed.


Hardy: “What gives? I’m getting up now, Bron!”


I don’t think she’s listening, Hardy, she’s busy tucking in Lawrence.


She’s actually so beautiful, I love her.


And then, at 3am, Cherry decided to wake the whole house to declare that baby number four was arriving.


Cherry: “Oh this is awful! Austen had to do this twice!?”

Yeah, why do you think she said no more kids!?


Bronte: “Please be a boy!”


No such luck, Bronte.


Welcome to the world, Atwood Booker.

She is named after the Canadian novelist and poet, Margaret Atwood. Most famous for The Handmaid’s Tale, she has created other works such as The MaddAddam Trilogy, Cat’s Eye, and Alias Grace, along with having over fifty poetry books to her name, most notably: The Circle Game.


And here they are: the “happy” parents.

Austen: “Can’t say I’m excited to raise another baby since our eldest is a teenager.”

Cherry: “I’ll take the blame on this one. I was the one entranced by your yoga skills."

Alright! That’s enough!


To take her mind off the competition, Bronte decided to occupy her time with her younger brother, Lawrence.


Whilst Grandma Andrea gets acquainted with her new grandchild.


Andrea: “Oh god! The baby’s broken!”

No, she just needs her diaper changing, Andrea.


There, see? All better now.

Andrea: “There’s just something about new born babies and their smell.”

… What.


I can’t have you two being like this all the time! You can’t keep having more kids!

Cherry: “Can’t I show my affection for my beautiful wife?”

No, not anymore, especially since the last time you showed your affection you ended up getting pregnant.

Anyway, I wonder what Andrea’s up to…


Andrea: “Is the camera rolling?”

What are you talking about? I’m watching you if that’s what you mean?

Andrea: “Hello and welcome to Baking with Andrea. Tonight’s dish: Berry Pie! First, you take the ingredients and mix them in a bowl.”


Andrea: “The mix has to be homogenous for the pie to bake evenly. Want a crust? Just mix it in there! It’s all in there!”


Andrea: “Then, dump your mixture into a pie dish that will magically form the pie.”


Andrea: “Like so. And then you take your pie to a preheated oven.”


Andrea: “And pop it right in! My grandkids love coming home to the smell of freshly baked berry pie.”


Andrea: “It should only take a few minutes to bake properly.”


Andrea: “And ta-da! A berry pie that will make your grandbabies cry for more!”

Andrea, are you lonely by chance?

Andrea: “Miserably.”

I thought so.


Hardy brings home a friend from school! Her name’s Brooke! A potential spouse for Hardy, maybe?


Brooke: “Your mommy does know it needs to be night to see the stars, right?”


Get out of here, Kimberly!

Kimberly: “I’m just watching.”

You’re watching my legacy family, I don’t trust mean witches.

Kimberly: “That’s witch-ist.”

There’s literally no such thing.

Kimberly: “Explain Salem-“

Get out of here!


Skilling, Bronte?

Bronte: “I can’t believe Crepes Suzette involves oranges? Why is it called Crepes Suzette?!”

Because they were made for King Edward VII who was entertain a group of guests, one of which was a young girl named Suzette.

Bronte: “Is that true?”

Maybe? I don’t know, really.


Lawrence: “So, if you’re a romance sim, won’t you be afraid of having children? Doesn’t that make you moot in this legacy?”


Bronte: “I don’t think so. I’m not afraid of children.”

Lawrence: “You never interact with Atwood though.”

Bronte: “Yeah! Well… Neither do you!”

Lawrence: “We’re kids, Mommy won’t let us near her.”


Bronte: “I wouldn’t worry about it… Mom and Mama are taking care of her easily, they don’t need my help.”


Bronte: “Why… Do you think I can't take care of Atwood?”

Lawrence: “I never said that…”

Bronte: “I can hear it in your silence! I’ll show you!”


Bronte: “See, Bron, this is easy. She’s just a vulnerable little sim that is depending on me for everything.”


Atwood: *gurgle*

Bronte: “Heh, she’s kind of cute.”


Bronte: “You’re the best present I’ve ever received! I love you!”


Bronte: “Ah, babies are nothing!”

No, you’re right, babies are nothing… Toddlers on the other hand.


To get her out of the house, and to meet some teen sims to have her date, I sent Bronte out to the town.


The first place she ends up is Archimedes Arcade where she meets me!

Gray: “What are you doing out?”

Bronte: “Window shopping.”

Gray: “Have fun with that!”


There wouldn’t be much point going to an arcade if Bronte didn’t play a game or two.


Bronte: “Oh, come on!”

Make that just a game then…


Bronte: “The library, huh? I get it, because I’m named after the Bronte sisters.”

Actually… That’s not why I chose here but… now it makes sense!


Bronte: “Eh, if I can’t find a blond guy, I can settle for a girl.”

Uh. That’s not how that works…

Bronte: “Shush, I’m gonna go make friends.”


Bronte: “Hi, my name’s Bronte.”

Elizabeth: “That’s an odd name, mine’s Elizabeth.”

DANG IT, WHERE WERE YOU WHEN AUSTEN WAS A TEENAGER?


Bronte:  “I heard you know my step-cousin, Charmain.”

Elizabeth: “Oh, Charmain? Yeah, she’s cool.”


Elizabeth: “Her mom’s house is huge!”

Bronte: “Not as big as my house.”


Bronte: “I live in that giant house down near the coast.”

Elizabeth: “Oh… you’re a legacy sim… my mom said I’m not supposed to talk to you…”

Bronte: “Why not?”


Elizabeth: “You steal innocent townies and then subdue them through torture and then kill them off.”

Bronte: “You mean… you live a long and fruitful life?”

Elizabeth: “Call it what you will… But I can also stay a teenager forever.”


Oh, great. Frances the evil witch is back. Bronte, we gotta go!


Frances: “Ah, picture perfect, if I may say so.”

You are literally the worst evil witch.


And now she’s laughing at her cat – sorry, familiar.

Literally the worst.


Bronte: “Dang it, I was just starting to hit it off with Elizabeth.”

We’ll get you a date, don’t you worry!


Cherry: “I’ve been thinking about Bronte and her aspiration. It’s not appropriate for a legacy.”

Austen: “I’d agree with you, but Bronte being a romance sim doesn’t mean she won’t carry on the bloodline.”


Austen: “If anything, it’ll add interest.”

Cherry: “She won’t get married.”


Austen: “She doesn’t have to.”

Hardy: “I want to get married, Mommy.”

Cherry: “I know, sweet pea, I know.”


To interrupt the family breakfast – THIS ISN’T POSSIBLE.

THIS IS A POND.


Bronte: “Oh, is it birthday time already?”

Your baby sister is literally a baby. You got a few birthdays to go through just yet.

Bronte: “How long until I can go to uni?”

… About ten more days.

Bronte: “Yikes.”


Cherry: “Wynne! It’s so good to see you! I hope you’ve been coping well.”

Wynne: “I’ve been too distracted to really dwell on it, I’m sure it’ll hit me when the kids get older.”


Time for the last baby of Gen 2 to grow up!


Andrea seems a little lost, unsure of what she’s doing.


Andrea: “Wait, where am I?”

Welcome back, Andrea! This is Atwood’s birthday!


Andrea: “YES! Atwood!”








Ooh! She has diverse facial features!

She’s a Scorpio, who is extremely neat, shy, very neat, serious, and incredibly mean!

If you’re counting, she is the 4th Scorpio in the family. Wynne, Cherry, Lawrence , and now: Atwood.


Bronte: “Dang, she’s super cute.”


What a sweet photo!


Andrea spends the rest of days bonding with her adorable grandchildren.


And Cherry is doting adorably on Atwood.


Cherry: “Good night my glowing little genius.”

Genius?

Cherry: “Well, one of the kids has to turn out to be a genius. I figured it would be the acc- the last born.”

Nice save.


Atwood: “Mommy!”

Genius indeed, she can already speak before learning how to.

Or maybe that’s the result of having a teenage sister and older twin brothers who speak fluent simlish.


She’s very cute, I love her so much, especially in those pyjamas.


Bronte: “Hey, Auntie Wynne, can you teach me how to throw and catch?”

Wynne: “Sure, I can.”


Wynne: “But why?”

Bronte: “Because I want to follow in your footsteps and be a Hall of Famer.”


Wynne: “Say no more kid, follow me.”

Bronte: “Hey, Gray, do you think she knows my name?”

She has 4 nieces and nephews to worry about, just be glad she remembers you’re part of the clan.


Wynne: “Show me your basic throw and we’ll go from there.”

Bronte: “Kay!”


Wynne: “Hmm, not bad. So-so.”

Bronte: “And you can throw better?”

Don’t tempt her, Bron!


Wynne: “Oops, I slipped!”


Wynne: “It was an accident, teehee.”


I’ve seen this before, Bronte, you won’t win. You beat out your mothers for nice points and they both got wrecked!


Hey, Austen’s home!


Cherry: “You are the light of my life~!”

Austen: “Aww, Cherry!”


Cherry: “Ah, I love you Mrs Booker!”

Austen: “Why are you suddenly being so affectionate?”

YOU’RE NOT HAVING ANOTHER BABY.


To remind Cherry of the hardships of raising another baby so late in life, I sent her to care for Atwood.

Cherry: “That’s a clever girl!”

It’s… not working.


But, I can understand why...

She’s so CUTE! Please excuse the baby spam.








Bronte: “Hey, I need some help; I’m a romance sim with no romance in my life! Yeah, yeah, come over now.”

… Who are you talking to?

Bronte: “No one!”

… That’s not suspicious or anything.


Atwood: “MOMMY!”

Er, the cute baby spam ends here.


Matchmaker: “Look, it’s $5,000 for a blind date or you get nothing. I know you’re loaded.”

Bronte: “$5,000? That’s barely a dent!”

… Bron! She’s stitching you up!


… *sigh* Teenagers.


Oh, look, it’s a playable character… great.

Justin Cleveland makes his first and only appearance in this legacy.


Well, he’s not going to college anyway, might as well make use of him.


Bronte: “You’re pretty cute, why haven’t I seen you at school?”

Justin: “I was the one who jumped into the dustbin to avoid your gaze.”

Bronte: “Dude, that’s a little weird… but I like it.”


Bronte: “You don’t have to avoid me, I like you.”

Justin: “I-I-I…”


Now she’s whispering what-ever he wants to hear into his ear…


This is going to be a process that gets very old, very quickly with her.


At least she had the first kiss out of the way!


Matchmaker: “Heh, all in a day’s work.”

Are… are you watching my potential heiress kiss her date? Get out of here, La Shawn!

Matchmaker: “Yikes.”


… Now, I’m the weirdo…


And then suddenly a dog fight interrupts the date!


Er boys… that isn’t your bed.


Well, despite the dog fight, Bronte still had a dream date!


Andrea: “Good morning, my little angel. Its grandma’s last day today.”

What are you saying?

Andrea: “Sorry, should I try to cushion the blow?”

No… what are you saying? Are you dying?

Andrea: “Yes, Gray, I am.”


No...


Atwood: “Love you gwandma.”

Andrea: “I love you too, baby.”


Andrea, I…

Andrea: “Don’t cry, Gray.”

I’m not crying! *sniff*


Andrea: “Look at my beautiful grandchildren.”

This just reminds me that I need to give the next generation better bedrooms.


Andrea: “Austen and Cherry did so well.”

… So did you.


Andrea spends her last day doing things she loved the most – feeding her beloved Koi pond.


And retires from her job in Oceanography.


Andrea: “Austen, I want you to take care of yourself and your beautiful children.”

Austen: “Mom, what is this? Are you…”

Andrea: “I’m afraid so.”


Andrea: “I love you, my baby.”

Austen: “Mama…”


Gabriel Green proves to be an asshole once more.

HEY, SHE’S DYING PAL.


Gabriel: “Good! Hopefully I won’t have to worry about your stalker family anymore!”

Andrea: “Why is he so mean?”

Gabriel, I’m very close to boolpropping you to death. Leave.


Andrea: “Hello? Wynne? How are you doing, sweetheart?”

Wynne: “I’m doing well. Sophie’s doing well, sleeping a lot, eating plenty.”

A sad smile played on Andrea’s lips at the mention of her youngest grandchild.

Andrea: “I’m glad.”


Wynne: “What’s up, Mama? You rarely call now that Austen had her brood.”

Andrea: “I… just missed your voice.”

Wynne: “Mama…”


Andrea: “Wynne, I won’t sugar coat it, I won’t be here after today and I want you to know how proud I am of you. I love you.”

Wynne, sniffing: “Mama, I love you too. Take care of Mom on the other side.”

Andrea: “You know I will.”


Austen is currently teaching Atwood how to walk. Why is she out of the nursery?

Austen: “A change of scenery.”

… Obviously.


Bronte is the first one home, as she’s the only teenager.


Andrea: “For one last time, do you want me to help you with your homework?”

Bronte: “Please, Grandma.”





Oh, it’s Howl!

Welcome to the main household!

Howl: “It’s big!”

It is!


The twins have a quick birthday before Andrea passes.

But, she’s not even here… Why?


Hardy: “I want a big family and a happy marriage!”

… Okay.


Lawrence: “I want to have loads of friends!”


Hardy grows up into a sort of alright outfit. I’ll let you keep it Hardy, it suits you.

Hardy rolls Family, as foreshadowed, and his LTW is to have six grandchildren. He’s into creative ladies who wear makeup and dislikes hats on sims.


Lawrence rolled Popularity with the LTW to become a General!

He’s also attracted to young men who are fit with facial hair, and dislikes formal wear.

Where is Andrea!?


Oh…


Grim: “It’s time, Mrs Booker. You’re free to join your long-loved wife in the afterlife.”

Andrea: “Now? But… Atwood will be a child tomorrow…”

Grim: “Time is time, Mrs Booker.”


Yvonne: “Andrea? Come here! Finally, we’ll get to go on our tropical vacation!”

Andrea: “Yvonne? I’m coming, my love!”


Grim handed her a cocktail stocked with the highest-quality rum and Andrea accepted with wide eyes. She had been so scared of death up until now, but everything washed away when she had heard Yvonne’s voice calling for her.


Cherry: “Andrea!”


Ah, Andrea Benson, what can I say? You were the best mother, the best wife, the best sim. I loved you from the moment we met in Joy’s dorm room. I knew you were the perfect match for Yvonne from first glance and I’m glad you were a part of this legacy.

I’ll miss you so much, even though you were a pleasure sim in disguise as a knowledge sim.

Rest well, Andrea!


And here she is, temporarily, beside Yvonne.


Yvonne, why are you crying?


Yvonne: “My wife died!”

… Yes, she’s with you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment