Monday 3 June 2019

The Literal Booker Legacy - The College Years: Part 1, In the Name of Romance


Hello and welcome to a BRAND NEW chapter of the Literal Booker Legacy! An unseen chapter full of college antics!

So, I apologise for basically disappearing without a trace. In case you aren't aware of this, I am currently an English Literature student and I am on my third year. As you may also know, the further you get in your course, the more difficult it becomes and I had to give up A LOT of stuff to focus on getting through the first half of my third year.

But I made it out alive and I'm back now. Hopefully I will finish this legacy soon, but even if I have to continue this when I'm in Singapore, teaching English next year, then so be it!

Without further ado, let's recap!

Recap: Bronte, the eldest second gen. kid, up and left for college and was soon followed by her twin brothers, Hardy and Lawrence. 

There had been a poll opened to choose the heir and since, their heir has been chosen as it became a tie and thus was up to me to choose. I wonder if you can guess who I chose. You won't find out until part 2, but still...

Enjoy!



Yusun: “Another generation, huh? You took you time with this one too.”

Hey! I love and cherish these Sims; I want them to have the best lives.

Yusun: “Sure… See you in 4 years.”

Might be a bit longer, we have an anomaly in the family.

Yusun: *sigh* “Whatever, just call me when you need me.”


Bronte: “God damn it! Who broke the shower and left it?”

Heh, you’re starting to sound like your mother.

Bronte: “You take that back.”


And as soon as Bronte gets into the home she signs up for the Drama course. No surprise there.


How does it feel to be alone for the first time in your life?


Bronte: “Oh, my god… I’m alone…”

You won’t be for long, I promise you that.


To combat her loneliness, Bronte decides to go to Crypt O’ Night Club.


Bronte: “Let’s see what potential partners I can find…”


Maybe he could be a potential?


Bronte: “Sure, but first, we eat cake.”


Bronte: “Hopefully the sweetness of the cake will rub off on me.”

What do you mean by that exactly?

Bronte: “Boys will find me sweet.”


Well, she’s picked her first choice: Phillip.

He’s currently on a date with the Diva though, so Bronte might have to wait.


Bronte: “That’s fine, I’ll bust a move!”


The moment Phillip steps away from the table, Bronte is on him like a shark to blood in the water.

*plays the Jaws theme*


Bronte: “Hey, nice to meet you, my name’s Bronte!”

Phillip: “I’m Phillip. Were you the one checking me out earlier?”

Bronte: “Guilty as charged!”


Bronte: “I couldn’t help it, I was entranced by your beautiful face.”


Bronte: “Have you ever received a rose from a potential legacy heiress at all?”

Phillip: “No, but there’s a first time for everything!”


It’s like she can smell my legacy sims!

Bronte, it’s time to go!

Bronte: “But-“

Let’s go!


Oh, look, another robbery. How many times must this family be hit?!


Burglar: “A security alarm!? NO!”


Let’s hope the cop is successful this time.


Bronte: “Hnn, I wish my brothers were here already!”


Not again!

Bronte: “I really don’t feel safe now!”


Bronte didn’t get much sleep that night, obviously, and ended up burning her omelettes.

Bronte: “How much longer do I have to wait for those dweebs to move in?”

Not too long, just a few more days.

Bronte: “Thank God.”


What? Why is the policeman here?


Police man: “Now, listen here Miss Booker, as attractive as you may be you cannot feign an emergency to bring me to your lot.”

Bronte: “Oh, shoot. Guess you’ll just have to get out those big shiny handcuff-“

Police man: “Ma’am, I am on duty.”


Never mind him, Bron, let’s go out on a date with Phillip.


Phillip: “Damn, she is smokin’ hot!”


Bronte: “Phil, my eyes are not down there.”

Phillip: “Oh, I know.”


Everywhere my legacy sims travel, evil follows them shortly. Bronte, leave the roaches alone!


Witch: “I love the smell of destruction in the air.”

Bronte, let’s just invite Phillip home and get out of here.

Witch: “You can run, but you can’t hide forever, Gray.”

Like hell!


Bronte scores her first lay at university!





You know when your brothers come you won’t be able to bring random guys home all the time like you can now.

Bronte: “I’m allowed to do what I want, they don’t own me.”

It’s just considered to be polite.


Not risking another face-off with the witch, I let Bronte ask the matchmaker for a blind date.


Everyone meet Cole, victim number 2.


A little charm here…


A little sweet-talk there…


Cole falls easily into Bronte’s bed.

Lay number 2.

I usually don’t play romance sims but honestly, this is the most fun I’ve had in a long time.

Mainly because Bronte keeps rolling the want and fear to get engaged to these boys.


Victim number three, Matthew, walks onto Bronte’s lot unsuspectedly.


Bronte: “For a playable, you’re rather handsome.”


It’s like a skill! She just gets better at wooing these boys.





However, it gets late before Bronte can fully sink her claws into Matthew and she has an exam the next day so I let them part ways.


Whatcha up to?

Bronte: “*huff* To be a Hall of Famer you need high body *huff* skill.”

Oh! Right, I almost forgot your LTW was nothing to do with your vapid conquests of the student body.

Bronte: “Call it what you will but you just admitted to having fun so who’s tasteless now?”

Touche.


We invite Matthew back that night and successful introduce him to the fun game of hide the sock.





Bronte: “Oh, God, they’re here already.”


Hardy immediately goes to fix the computer.

Hardy: “Now that we’re all here and the funds have been bumped up a little… Could we get some updated equipment?”

Lemme think about it.


But for now, just fix the PC, Hardy.


So, you might not remember Tyler, but he was one of the matches Lawrence had been set up with. Funnily enough he was also the only one with a decent friendship score with Lawrence.

It took a bit of work but Tyler was soon crazy for Lawrence, and vice versa.


Bronte: “I can sense another Romance sim.”

Veronica: “Hello!”

Bronte: “Is this my little brother’s future wife?”

‘Fraid so.


Lawrence is completely ignorant to the tension between his sister and future sister-in-law.


And even ignores the cheerleader behind him!


Annoyed at being ignored, she decides to make use of the forever-playing stereo.


Uh-oh…

Bronte: “Oh, it’s you.”

Veronica: “Sorry, I was just going to make some lunch. Want some?”

Bronte: “No, but there is something I do want from you.”

Veronica: “Oh?”


Bronte: “You can leave my little brother alone. He’s a family sim, you do know what that means, right?”


Veronica: “Of course I do, do you think I’m dumb!? I’m willing to change my aspiration for him because I love him that much.”

Bronte: “Yeah, right, look at your fear panel! You don’t want to get engaged to my brother.”


Veronica: “Maybe one day I will!”

Bronte: “One day is not good enough!”


Hardy: “I heard yelling. Is everything okay?”

Veronica: “It sure is, sweetheart!”

Bronte: “Oh, I am getting out of here.”


Where are you going?

Bronte: “Don’t know yet.”


She ends up at the Gamer Lounge and sets her sites on Makoto Taveller as her next Romance victim.


Bronte: “I think it’s so endearing that you run this place by yourself.”

Makoto: “Well, thanks!”


Bronte: “I gotta say, I don’t usually go for guys with long hair but damn, you make it work.”


Bronte quickly grows bored of wooing this poor guy.


Makoto: “So to play darts you need to get the highest score you possibly can. If you don’t hit the target on your first try don’t be too-“


Bronte: “I think I can handle it.”


Bronte: “Well, I’m home after that disappointing game of darts. Is anyone up?”

Um…


Just Lawrence and Tyler, who are getting frisky in the hobby room.


The coast is clear on their part…


Bronte: “Oh.”

Hardy: “Hey.”


Bronte: “Hey, am I allowed to join you?”

Hardy: “It’s a free world, isn’t it?”

Bronte: “Oh…kay…”

Ice cold.


Bronte: “I don’t know if Veronica told you what happened but I’m really sorry for getting involved in your business.”

Hardy: “I get why you did it, Bron, but I’m not a baby anymore.”


Bronte: “I’m just worried. She’s a romance sim and no one knows them better than I do.”

Hardy: “Ronnie isn’t like you, she’s willing to change for the sake of the legacy.”

Bronte: “… That’s harsh, bro.”


Bronte: “… What happened to us, Hardy?”

Hardy: “We grew up.”


Bronte: “You’ll always be my baby brother, though.

Hardy: “And maybe that’s your problem.


Hardy, mumbling to himself: “I’m going to bed.”


Bronte: “What did you say?”

He’s gone, Bron.

Bronte: “I’ve really messed up, haven’t I?”

It’s hard to say. He’ll forgive you. He’s your brother.


Bronte: “Ugh this friggin’ toilet won’t stop clogging!”


Veronica: “Is Bronte home?”

Hardy: “Yes.”

Veronica: “Did she apologise?”

Hardy: “Yes.”

Veronica: “Did you forgive her?”

Hardy: “I don’t know yet.”


Bronte: “Morning!”

Hardy: “Yeah.”

Bronte: “Are you still mad at me?”

Hardy gave her a look that read: “What do you think?”

Bronte: “Right… I’m going for a nap before class…”


Wow, you’re brave for going to class in that.


Tyler: “Has your brother forgiven your sister yet?”

Lawrence: “I don’t know, I don’t care. It’s their problem.”

Tyler: “But they’re your relatives.”

Lawrence, shrugging: “And they’re grown adults. They’ll sort it out themselves.”

Tyler: “…If you say so, babe.”


Tyler: “Down in front!”

Veronica: “You should be appreciative of the view.”

Tyler: “I would be if I was interested in women!”


After a few days of giving her the cold shoulder, Hardy finally forgave Bronte and they quickly fell back into their sibling routine.

Hardy: “So, Gray’s locked the want to woohoo with how many sims?”

Bronte: “Five, but I doubt she’ll do it.”

Oh, I’ll do it. I’ll do it even if it kills me!

And with that, I think I’ll leave this chapter here. See you in the next part where hopefully Atwood will be joining us on this rollercoaster ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment