Sunday 2 June 2019

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 2, Chapter 1: U & I


Hello and welcome back to the Literal Booker Legacy! Chaos and cheesy romantic lines abound!

I'm going to do something different with my titles. For the rest of generation 2, every title will be a reference or the title of a song by the Korean artist, Kim Jonghyun, as a memorial to him.

Previously in our story, Yvonne, our founder, met and married Andrea Benson and brought two girls into the world: Wynne and Austen. Both vying for the crown as the heiress of the first generation, Austen ultimately ended up winning leaving Wynne as a spare to live her days happily and freely on her own in luxury.

Shall we see what Austen and Cherry are up to after leaving college?


Well, here we are. Austen and Cherry have arrived back home from university.

Cherry: “It’s a lot bigger than I remember.”

Austen: “The Moms remodelled when I was away. So… Are you ready?”

Cherry took Austen’s hands in her own.

Cherry: “If I’m with you, I’m always ready.”


Austen: “Mama! We’re home!”


Andrea: “My sweet girl! You’ve come home safely!”

Austen: “Hi, Mama, I’ve missed you.”

Andrea: “I’ve missed you too, sweetie!”


Cherry: “Your home is lovely, Mrs Booker.”

Andrea: “Oh, no, don’t go calling me that. You’ll soon be Mrs Booker too. Just call me Andrea, sweetheart.”

Cherry: “I’ll… try to remember that, Andrea.”


Andrea instructed the young couple to go to their newly furbished bedroom and settle in whilst she made some pancakes, Austen’s arguably favourite food.


Austen: “What are you doing?”

Cherry: “Just making sure I look presentable for your other mother.”


Austen: “Cherry, you don’t have to do that. You’re perfect the way you are.”

Cherry: “You’re just saying that to get me into bed, aren’t you?”

Austen: “Half yes, half no. Won’t you join me on our new bed? It needs to be christened and I don’t think I can wait until our wedding day.”


Cherry: “Ooh, this is comfy!”

Austen: “Mom must’ve bought the priciest bed in the store.”

Uh, not quite, but almost.


Austen: “Anyway, forget the bed. C’mere, you.”


Yvonne: “I’m sure I heard Austen’s voice downstairs… I wonder if they’re in their new bedroom.”

Yvonne, I wouldn’t do that if I were you!


Yvonne: “Hey girl- Oh my God!”

Austen: “Mom! Get out!”


Andrea: “Sounds like home again.”


Yvonne: “Well, I didn’t know what they were doing!”

Oh come off it, Yvonne, you were Austen’s age once. You couldn’t keep your hands off Andrea.

Yvonne: “Still can’t, hehe.”


Andrea: “Are you causing trouble already?”

Yvonne: “It was an accident!”

Andrea: “Never mind that, can you clean up that omelette from this morning whilst I serve up Austen’s pancakes?”


Austen: “Well, that’s ruined the mood.”

Cherry: “Considerably.”

Austen: “Shall we get some food and try again later? When The Moms are asleep?”

Cherry: “You read my mind!”



Cherry: “Is Mrs Boo- Yvonne not joining us, Andrea?”

Andrea: “No, she’s a bit embarrassed about the incident earlier so she’s cooling off in the study.”


Cherry: “Aww, there’s no need for to be embarrassed. At least we weren’t naked, right, Austen?”

Austen: “Cherry, I beg of you to stop talking and eat, please.”


Cherry: “Aww, I was just trying to lighten the mood.”

Andrea: “I appreciate that but my wife has 3 shy points and is incredibly sensitive.”


Cherry: “I see… Shall we change the topic then? Let’s talk about the upcoming wedding. Have you arranged the invitations?”

Andrea: “I have, dear. I’ve invited Wynne, and since she doesn’t have a boyfriend to speak of currently, she’s coming alone. I’ve also invited an old family friend who is keen to meet you two.”


Austen: “That’s a tad cryptic, Mama. Who are they?”

Andrea: “You’ll find out on your wedding day.”


Amongst all the chaos, little puppy Jake slept in his king-sized bed and dreamt of chicken-chew sticks and bones that taste like hamburgers.


A new morning, a new start!

Austen: “I’m looking for a job at the minute.”

Found any in the music career?

Austen: “As a matter of fact, I have!”

Austen starts off her career as a Summer Camp Music Teacher.


How about you Cherry, any luck?

Cherry: “Yup, both of our jobs are in today’s roll-call. I’m starting as a Junior Executive.”

Your carpool will be here in an hour…

Cherry: “Sounds about right.”


An hour later, Cherry goes off to work in a car that looks suspiciously like the Booker’s family one.


Austen also leaves for work. Walking?

Austen: “It’s such a nice day and all…”

You missed the carpool, didn’t you?

Austen: “… Yes.”


Yvonne: “Well, the girls have all gone to work. It’s just you and me Jakey-boy.”


Yvonne: “I don’t get what Andrea sees in you…”


Yvonne: “But, I have to admit, you’re rather sweet.”


No! No, bad dog!


Jake: “Did I do good, master?”

No, you are a bad boy!


Yvonne: “Inside is not your bathroom, Jakey-boy. Outside is your bathroom. Bad dog!”

Jake: “I’m sorry to have disappointed you, master.”


Yvonne: “Aww, but you’re so cute, I can’t be mad at you.”

Yvonne, you can confuse your dog doing that!!


Anyway… The next day!

It’s time for a wedding!!

Yvonne: “Do you MIND!? I’m playing a game here!”

A game is more important than your youngest daughter’s wedding? For shame, Yvonne.


Mystery guest: “You must be Cherry. I’ve heard a lot about you.”

Cherry: “Are you Andrea’s surprise guest? I’ve barely heard a word about you.”

Mystery guest: *chuckle* “There isn’t much to learn, I assure you.”

Cherry: “Wait, you sound familiar…”

Moving on!


Yvonne: “Wynnie! That’s a lovely dress you have on!”

Wynne: “Thank you! Where’s the wedding being held?”

Yvonne: “Out back.”


Out back which is where our two blushing brides are waiting. Cherry looks like she’s ready to run to be honest.

Cherry: “I have hayfever.”

Oh, sorry, I should’ve known better than to put bundles of flowers around.

Onto the ceremony!


Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes, I see my future in an instant


And there it goes,
I think I found my best friend


I know that it might sound
More than a little crazy
But I believe


I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life


I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life

I knew I Loved You – Savage Garden


And so, Cherry Tan becomes Cherry Booker.

And yes, I did just do that. I’m a Savage Garden fan, sue me.


You’re a bit late to the game, Andrea!

Andrea: “I was taking a nap!”

You were the one rolling wants for this! And you missed it!


With the temperature dipping outside, the party (aka only the brides at this point) move into the kitchen to cut the cake.


So here we are folks. Place your bets now, will Austen use a fork or stuff the cake into her new bride’s mouth?


If you said stuff you just won!


Cherry: “Mmpf!”

Austen: “Hehe, you look so cute with little hamster cheeks!”


Austen: “This is the best day, ever!”

Cherry: “I have cake up my nose!”


Cherry: “It tastes good at least.”


Austen: “Who are you and why are you toasting first?”

Mystery guest: “Who I am isn’t important but I just wanted to do a quick toast to the newlyweds.”

Austen: “My mom can do tha- Wait, why do you sound so familiar?”


Oh dear, Cherry’s fallen asleep in the cake!

Wynne: “Mess.”


Cherry: “If I could be the first to toast to my new wife.”


Cherry: “To Austen, my beautiful new wife. May our married lives be as happy and as blessed as they have been so far.”

Andrea: “But this time with children!”


Cherry: “Yes, Andrea, with children.”


Andrea: “Now it’s time to toast to the newly married couple. To Austen, my baby girl, I’ve never seen you so happy and as care-free as you are with Cherry. I can tell she brings out the best in you and you in her. May you always keep each other happy and safe long into the future.”


Guests: “Hear, hear!”





Andrea: “To Cherry, welcome to the Booker family. You’ll fit right in.”


Guests: “Hear, hear!”


With all the controlled chaos dissolving, a typical sims wedding unfolds.

Cherry: “I’m going to pass out, I’m so tired!”

Wynne: “Who wants to fight? I’m ready to fight!”

Austen: “This is my family…”

Andrea: “My hand’s going through the countertop!”


As soon as the party was finished, the newlyweds retired to bed.

No honeymoon?

Austen: “Not right now, we have careers to focus on.”

Cherry: “I’m way too tired to go on a 14-hour flight.”


Austen: “How does it feel to be Mrs Booker?”

Cherry: “Unreal. Ask me again tomorrow morning when I’m not struggling to keep my eyes open.”


The two new Mrs Bookers’ fell asleep, smiling at the success of their intimate wedding reception.


And Mama cleans up all the dirty dishes.

Andrea: “I’ll bet Yvonne’s in bed, isn’t she?”

She is. Go and join her, Andrea, you’re probably just as exhausted.


Yvonne: “What do you think of Cherry?”

Andrea: “She’ll make Austen happy.”

Yvonne: “I agree.”


The elder Mrs Bookers’ too fell asleep with happy memories of a successful wedding day. All they could dream about from this time onwards was the prospect of having many grandchildren.


A few hours later, though still dark out, Cherry and Austen awoke feeling more energised.


With their new-found energy they decided it was the perfect time to consummate their marriage.


Despite it not being their first time, there was something so intrinsically different now that they were married. Austen couldn’t keep the smile off of her face as Cherry fell back into a slumber.


Austen watched her new wife with the biggest beam on her face until tiredness began to win over again and she too fell back to sleep.


Matchmaker: “Despite having got this couple together I wasn’t invited to the wedding!”
Oops, ah… Sorry about that, La Shawn.


La Shawn: “Never mind, I have left them a present to congratulate them and to remind them of my services for their offspring.”

Alright, you’ve promoted yourself. Now shoo.


Day off, Austen?

Austen: “No, I start work a little later today but I decided to feed Mama’s koi pond.”


Austen: “Eat little fishies!”


Austen: “You shall feast tonight!”

You… really shouldn’t do that to Koi fish…


Austen: “Oh, but they’re so happy!”

They can’t eat all that food, Austen. Trust me; I’ve grown up around Koi fish.


And look, there’s only a few in there.

Austen: “You’re a big party pooper, Gray.”

Let this be a lesson, kids, take care of your Koi fish properly or else Gray will ruin your party.


When she came home from work, Austen immediately pounced on her new wife.


I don’t think a caption is needed, to be honest.


Austen: “We need to eat this omelette quickly before The Moms wake up. And then we can go get dressed and pretend like nothing has happened.”

Cherry: “Austen, your Moms have been married for a long time… I’m sure they know that we woo-“

Austen: “No! The Moms cannot know!”


Well, you’re in luck, girls. Yvonne’s a little preoccupied washing Jake to care about the fact you’re both in your underwear.


Austen: “Oh, God, I don’t feel well at all!”

Well, I wouldn’t feel well with a door impaling my abdomen either!


Austen: “Hey, Mom, can you make me some soup?”


Yvonne: “I can, but, why do you want some soup?”


Austen: “I’m not feeling too well. I’ve been throwing up all morning and everywhere aches. I think I have the flu.”


Yvonne: “Hmm… It does sound like you have the flu but you don’t look feverish. You look quite healthy to me…”


Yvonne: “You haven’t considered the possibility that you might be pregnant?”


Yvonne: “Why are you laughing?”


Austen: “Oh, sorry, I thought you were joking.”


Yvonne: “No, I’m being serious. Is there a chance you might be pregnant?”

Austen: “Ahahahaha! No way, Mom! You know we haven’t done anything like that ever!”

Yvonne: “I may be old but I’m not senile. You’re a young married couple, these things happen.”

Austen: “NO! Anyway, I’m going to have some of Mama’s berry pie… I’m craving some at the minute.”


Austen: “Sickness? Aches? Cravings? Oh, God, what if Mom’s right?”


Austen: “Am I pregnant? Am I having Cherry’s child?”

You seem a little stressed, Austen, why don’t you go focus on something else to take your mind off this.


Austen: “I guess I could start the painting my Moms have been asking me to do since I came home.”

There you go!


Austen: “Perfect!”


So, we had a thunderstorm earlier today and it caught our small trees on fire and the rain conveniently stopped in time to not put out the fire.

Chaos erupted. Austen started to extinguish the fire and then Jake caught on fire so Austen had to extinguish him and then this happened…


Austen: “I’M ON FIRE!”

Thankfully Andrea was awake and she called the fire brigade.


Who then put out our young matriarch along the rest of the fire.

With her needs dropping like crazy, I sent Austen to bed.


However she awoke a few hours later with a surprise.

It turned out that Yvonne was right and that Austen was indeed pregnant!

Generation two is on their way!


The painting that Andrea and Yvonne asked Austen to paint was their couple portrait. Each couple will have their own hung up in the living room (at least for now, until I move them to a better place).

Here is our founder couple, the wonderful and still alive Yvonne and Andrea.


Cherry: “I heard about the fire last night, are you okay?”


Austen: “I’m okay and the baby’s okay too.”


Cherry: “Baby? You’re pregnant?! That’s wonderful!”

Austen: “Isn’t that your carpool waiting to go?”

Cherry: “Oh, yes, it is. I’ll see you later!”

So, what are you going to do on your day off, Austen?

Austen: “I’m calling Wynne and letting her know she’s going to be an aunt!”


Wynne came over a couple of hours later for pie and coffee.


Wynne: “Austen, stop smiling at me like that.”


Austen: “Aren’t you going to ask me about my weight gain?”

Wynne: “Well, I didn’t want to offend you…”


Wynne: “But, go on, share.”

Austen: “I’m pregnant!”


Wynne: “I should’ve guessed you were pregnant. Considering that you and Cherry can’t keep your hands off each other, it was bound to happen.”

Austen: “Aren’t you happy? You’re going to be an aunt!”


Wynne: “I’m ecstatic, honestly, Austen.”

Austen: “You seem a little preoccupied.”


Wynne: “I’ve started seeing someone.”

Austen: “Oh, that’s great to hear!”


Wynne: “His name’s Jace and he’s super sweet and I like being around him but…”

Austen: “You don’t know if you like him.”

Wynne: “Exactly.”


Austen: “Well, maybe that’s a sign that you should stay friends. You’ll find someone you can click with. It’s best to not force it or else you’ll end up like you did a few years ago.”

Wynne: “I know you’re right but what if there isn’t anyone out there for me?”


Austen: “There is. There will always be someone out there for everyone. You just haven’t met them yet.”


Wynne: “It’s so easy for you to say, you’re happily married and pregnant.”

Austen: “I got lucky, Wynne. You’ll find someone who will make you as happy as Cherry makes me every day. I know you will.”

Wynne: “I guess if you can find someone, then I can too.”


Austen: “I’m worried about her.”

Don’t be, Wynne’s a big girl and if she needs any help, she’ll let you and your moms know immediately.


Cherry: “I’m home! Hi, Wynne!”

Wynne: “Hello.”


Cherry: “How are you? How’s the baby?”

Austen: “Both of us are perfectly fine.”


Cherry: “The office thought I was crazy today, I couldn’t stop beaming.”


Cherry: “Hello there little one. I’m your Mommy!”


Cherry: “I can’t wait to meet you! You’re going to be so spoilt by your mommies and your grandmas and your Auntie Wynne.”


Wynne: “Yeck, they’re still as sickening as always.”

At least you don’t have to put up with them all the time… Unlike me.

Wynne: “Sucks to be you, I guess.”


Cherry: “I think the baby just spoke to me!”

Austen: “You’re joking.”

Cherry: “No, she said that Mommy needs to take her other Mommy upstairs so they can have some private time together…”

Austen: “The baby said that?”


Cherry: “I won’t lie; I made all of that up to get you into bed.”

Austen: “I figured as much, Mrs Booker.”


Andrea: “Wynne! What a nice surprise! Are you staying for dinner?”

Wynne: “Sure, Mama, I miss your home-cooking.”


Andrea: “So, with your sister married and pregnant; when are you getting married, Wynnie?”


Wynne: “Mama, can we not talk about this now?”

Andrea: “Why not?”


Yvonne: “What’s going on?”

Andrea: “Wynne won’t talk about her plans to get married.”

Wynne: “I don’t have any plans.”


Andrea: “You’re joking, right, Wynnie?”

Yvonne: “Andrea, leave her alone. She hasn’t found the right guy yet. She’s still young.”


Yvonne: “Don’t you think her happiness is more important than your need for lots of grandkids?”

Andrea: “Of course it is! I’m just worried about her all alone in that house…”

Wynne: “Can you not talk like I’m not here with you? It’s really infuriating!”

And then, offended, she immediately left the table, slamming her fork down.

Wynne: “I’m going home.”


Yvonne chased after her.

Yvonne: “Wynne, sweetie, I’m sorry about your mama. She’s pretty baby crazy at the minute with Austen being pregnant and all. Don’t listen to her. Take all the time in the world, baby girl. Just make sure you’re 100% certain that you want to get married.”

Wynne: “I will, Mom. I’ll see you later.”

Yvonne: “Safe trip home, sweetie.”


Later that night, Austen decided to pop into her second trimester!

We’re so close to breaching the second generation, how are you feeling Austen?

Austen: “Bloated.”

Good. It’ll be over soon, I promise.


Austen: “What are you cookin’?”

Cherry: “Spaghetti.”

Austen: “Do you want to feel your first born kick?”


Cherry: “I wouldn’t miss that for the world!”

She placed her hand delicately on Austen’s tummy and rubbed in slow, smooth circles. Moments later she felt the light intrusion against her palm. Her baby’s foot.

Cherry: “I felt it!”


Cherry: “You look exhausted, my love, why do I give you a backrub?”

Austen: “That sounds delightful.”

Cherry: “Just turn around.”


Cherry: “I’ll use my magic hands.”

Austen: “I can think of a few other places those magic hands can go.”

UH NO!


Cherry: “You’re being very crude tonight, my love.”

Austen: “It’s the hormones.”

Yeah, alright…


Cherry: “How does this feel?”


Austen: “Incredible. My backache is bearable now.”

Cherry: “I’m glad, my love.”


NO, BAG DOG!

Jake: “This food isn’t for me?”

No! It’s not for dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment