Friday 15 May 2020

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 8, Chapter 2: Closer


Welcome back to The Literal Booker Legacy!

Previously we lost all of my progress due to corruption and had to start over again. Nothing of total importance was completely lost, we still have our Booker graves and our heir portraits and Eliot and Christie are still intact.

When we left the last chapter, Christie was about ready to pop her first gen 8 baby out!

Let’s continue to see who our potential heir or heiress could be!



Honestly, these sims look like Bruce and Eliot but they definitely do not act like them.

I hate to say it… I miss Eliot’s argumentative nature.








Oh, that’s better.


Bruce: “Come to think of it, that felt far more natural than the serenade you did earlier.”

Eliot: “You’re right…”


Christie: “I call this piece: Where Did my History go?”


During a salmon dinner prepared by her husband, Christie goes into labour.

Blair, however, decides the salmon is far more important than the arrival of his child.

Blair: “Hey, it’s good salmon.”


… Blair. Get up, son.

Blair: “I’m not wasting this salmon!”

You’re going to get wasted if you don’t get up. Eliot will kill you, dude.


Bruce: “Why is your husband still sitting and eating!”

Christie: “BECAUSE HE’S A *BLEEP*ING MORON!”


It’s a redheaded girl!

*squeals* I cannot physically believe this. I’m so surprised and so delighted!

This little girl is Waters, named after Sarah Waters, one of my favourite post-modern writers. Sarah Waters is a Welsh writer who namely focuses on Victorian literature with predominantly lesbian characters. She has written Tipping the Velvet, Fingersmith – which was also adapted into the South Korean movie The Handmaiden, which you should all watch because it is FANTASTIC – Affinity, and The Night Watch.

I high recommend you read Sarah Waters if you enjoy a story with real lesbian characters that aren’t created for the male’s gaze.


Christie: “Now, I know for a fact you’re not celebrating having a baby when you were sat eating salmon the whole damn time I was in labour. Get the hell out of here.”


Eliot is still a family sim as a secondary and it seems to call out to her. She’s the first one to change Waters’ diaper.


Christie: “I hope you don’t let your namesake down, please be gay. Please be gay.”

That’s the first time I’ve ever seen a mother pray for their daughter to be gay.

Christie: “Our family started with lesbians and it will end with them too.”

You know we still have two generations left to go, right?

Christie: “It’ll also look really good for my LGBT voters!”

Ah, I see now…


Blair: “I don’t care who you love as long as you’re happy little one.”


Welcome to the revamped Booker Graveyard. It’s not as well designed as the previous one because hey, I’m tired.

It’ll work for what it’s made for anyway.


And what it’s made for is to be the final resting place of Wilde and Lilly now that generation 8 is finally here.

Eliot: “I hardly knew ye.”


I did in fact recreate every single Booker heir and killed them off with old age because the long-ass line of platinum gravestones was my biggest achievement.

It’s not cheating if I had already achieved them previously, right?


For a popularity sim, Blair certainly likes to keep close to his daughter. He’s always autonomously tucking her in.


Eliot: “This child is broken!”

No, she just needs her diaper changed!


Christie: “Hurk! Not again!”


Bruce: “Who left the toilet in such a mess!?”


I hope you washed your hands between cleaning the toilet and handling Waters.


Christie: “Augh, this football game is making me nauseous!”

Are you sure it’s not the morning sickness again? I don’t think your father will forgive you if you leave the downstairs toilet in a mess again.


Oh well, would you look at that?

It’s already time for the first birthday of this generation!


Christie: “Why do I get the feeling there should be two other people joining us for a party?” 

Heh, what ever gave you such an idea?


Never mind that, let’s just get straight to the spinning and twirling!


Oh. Oh. I hope she grows into her face.

Waters is a Leo who is neat, outgoing, lazy, playful, and mean.


Christie: “Wow! You caught my first bump this time!”

It’s amazing, right!?


I mean, Waters is kinda cute. She has Christie’s cheekbones and Blair’s chin, which could either spell disaster or beauty queen, but only time will tell.

Waters: “Are you sure I should be drinking this glowy stuff?”

Absolutely! Go for it. Down the hatch!


Christie: “Ugh, this is so boring.”

Sorry, the potty training ain’t over yet – you still have another child coming.


Christie: “Goodnight my little phoenix.”


THERE! I CAUGHT IT!

Remember when I got mad at myself because I missed the shot of Eliot and Joyce holding hands in the previous generation?

Well, I got it here. Look how cute that little interaction is!


I think Blair’s trying to figure out which parts of Waters are his and which are Christie’s.


Bruce, the only family sim, in the house finally rolls a want to teach Waters to talk.

Bruce: “Can you say grandpa?”


Waters: “Eh, sure. I’ll humour ya. Grandpa.”

Bruce: “You’re so clever!”

Waters: “Adults, yeesh.”

I know, it’s almost as if I’m the only one who can hear you speak…


Maybe don’t freakin’ smustle in the bathroom!?


Waters: *sniffle*


Waters: “I WANT OUUUUUUUUT!”


Christie: “Oh my, I certainly felt a kick there!”


Christie: “Blair! Honey! The baby’s kicking!”


Blair: “Well, this I gotta see!  - Oh! I felt it!”

Christie: “Weird, right?”


Blair: “Hello there little one, I am your daddy! Let’s hope you come out big and strong and with red hair so that Gray won’t curse me for not removing the dominant black hair from the family.”


I think Bruce is excited to be a grandfather again!


Christie: “Let’s get you squeaky clean, little one!”


And then that night, we got an expected arrival!


It’s a boy! With redhair! HOORAY! Our reign of black hair is OVER!

This little one is Dante. He is named after the Italian poet Dante Alighieri. He’s probably most well-known for crafting the epic poem known as the Divine Comedy in which Dante traverses through the depths of hell, purgatory, and then paradise, or heaven.

However, he has also crafted other works, such as: La Vita Nuova, Convivio, which was published as an unfinished piece, De Monarchia, and De vulgari eloquentia.

This is interesting, like during Bronte’s reign, we have a boy and a girl and I shall be choosing the heir.

I will probably be waiting until the two munchkins grow up before making a final decision.


Blair: “Oh man, not another crib!”

Get a grip, man.


Christie: “Sleep well, my redheaded angel!”


Dante: “I do concede that I cannot sleep with this racket!”

Waters: “Twinku twinku, wittu staw!”


Christie: “Can I sit down?”

Bruce: “Have you carried this family for a whole generation yet?”

Christie: “Dad… I just had a baby!”

Bruce: “Wake me up when you’re my age. And retired.”


Eliot: “Hello my little darling! I have a feeling you’re going to be as beautiful as me when you get older!”

Again, not only giving your daughter a complex at her graduation, you’re now giving your granddaughter one and she’s only just learnt how to talk!


Blair: “Please take after me son, there have only been two male heirs in this whole mess of a legacy and if your sister ends up being better looking, then there’s no hope for you.”


I don’t think you two could have picked a more awkward spot to dance if you tried!


On one of the rare days that Blair has off from being The Law, he’s using it to help his daughter learn how to walk before she grows up.


Blair: “Come here!”

I think Waters needs a nickname… Maybe Tes?


Later that evening, it’s time for Waters to reach the rough and tough childhood years!

But, where’s the party you ask?

Well, there are no spares to invite because Alcott and Joyce are no longer related to the family…

And the grandparents…


Do I really need to say more?


Blair made it anyhow!





She’s stinking cute! She has Christie’s eyes and I think her cheekbones, both of which come all the way from Heath, Shelley’s husband, so that’s pretty neat.


Gotta send her straight to skilling though. No messing around, we need these scholarship’s more than ever now since the Booker campus house was lost to the corruption.

I wonder what this version of Yusun will be like?


You need to get ready for school, Waters!

Waters: “But, I want to play all day. Why can't it be a snow day?”

Because you’re not lucky, if this generation has taught me anything.


Waters: “Hi, Grandma!”

Eliot: “Hello, Tes!”





Waters: “Aw shoot, a C.”


Waters: “I’m so glad you’re back from work, Daddy. Will you help me with my arithmetic?”

Blair: “… I didn’t go to college in this world, Tes, honey…”


Christie is also delighted that Blair is home from work and blatantly stops him from helping his daughter with her homework. Tut tut.


Bruce: “Here, El, you take Dante. You should age him up.”

Eliot: “My first and only grandson.”





Eliot: “Well, try and look a little excited, Christie. He’s your son after all!”


Christie: “YAY! Woohoo! Go, Dante!”

Eliot: “That’s better.”


Oh *bleep* me.

Blair has really small eyes compared to the rest of the sims in this legacy and pairing those eyes with Bruce’s huge-ass mouth…

Oh, Dante, I’m so sorry.

Dante is an Aquarius who is neat, shy, lazy, playful, and nice.


Waters: “But why hasn’t anyone in this legacy made any pottery? Are we all just cookie cutters in the game of life?”

Bruce: “Wh… What are you talking about Tes?”

Waters: “Grandpa, will you teach me how to kickbox?”

Bruce: “Now, that I can do.”


Eliot: “Boo!”

Dante: “You darn scared me, lady.”

Dante, the only one getting scared is me with your mouth.

Freaking hell…


Bruce, I need you to stop being so damn creepy.

First Du Maurier in college, and now your own daughter. It needs to end!


Dante: “Gwandma, stay!”

Eliot: “Aw, ain’t that cute!”

You should hear some of the things he says to me… It ain’t so cute.

Dante: “Zip your trap.”

You’re a nice sim, Dante! A nice sim!





Waters: “Finally! Screw arithmetic! I am the best!”


And then she gets to work completing her homework for the day.


Whilst Christie teaches Dante how to walk.


And then Blair spends the evening giving him a cuddle.


And some play time!


Christie: “Can you say ‘bottle’?”

Dante: “Not in this life, sister.”


Christie: “Dante, please?”

Dante: “Oh well, if you say please… Still no.”


Another tree fire in the middle of a thunderstorm.


Dante: “You! You were the one who gave me this wretched mouth!”


Christie: “Peekaboo!”



So, I sent Eliot to age little Dante up because it’s his birthday but she randomly puts him down near the staircase and he begins to cry and that’s when I hear the music.

And see the scythe.

She wasn’t meant to go this soon but because she had to be remade she was given the default life stage of an elder…


Grim: “Eliot Booker, your time has come. It has been quick and granted, our paperwork isn’t done yet but hey, when it says it’s time to go, it’s time to go.”


Eliot Booker. I underestimated you but thankfully the readers saw your potential and knew you’d be a true Booker heiress for the ages. Your reign has been shortened by *cough* technical difficulties *cough* but it has been memorable nonetheless.

You were a true beauty and stole my heart very quickly. You’re definitely a Booker I’ll be bringing back into the world of the Sims for future challenges and legacies.


Rest in peace, Eliot.


It’s a very solemn atmosphere tonight…


Nevertheless, the party goes on, just one person short.


Oh, I think… I think Dante may have had an accident just before he was brought to the cake.

Oh dear…


Dante: “Hey, look, hands!”

Waters: “I’m heir, aren’t I, Mum?”

Christie: “Boohoo! I miss my mother!”


Even though the mood maybe down by the loss of Eliot, Blair is there to make sure his kids remember that he loves them.


Hey, any last words? I’m gonna lock the nursery when you leave…

Christie: “Good riddance.”

Yeesh…

Christie: “I meant to the potty training. I am going to miss the little toes and little fingers… *sigh* I want another baby.”

No. Sorry. Only two for you, because circumstances.


Bruce and Waters spend some time together now that Bruce’s mortality is catching up with him.


Whilst I introduce the world of studying skills to little Dante.

I might roll for the heir this generation instead of choosing. Granted, Waters has a lot more going for her, but Dante may have some unleashed potential when he ages up, so we’ll have to see.

I’ll end this chapter here. It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions but hey, we’re getting so very close to the end of the legacy now (if I had a penny every time I’ve said that during the ending of a chapter!).

Until then, stay safe!

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment