Wednesday 13 May 2020

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 8, Chapter 1: Ch-ch-changes!


Welcome back to The Literal Booker Legacy! We are finally at generation 8!

A quick recap for everyone:

So, Yvonne Booker was our beloved founder and she married her college sweetheart, Andrea Benson. They had two daughters, Wynne (Diana Wynne Jones) and Austen (Jane Austen).

Austen was chosen as heiress and she married her high school sweetheart, Cherry Tan. Together they had four children: Bronte (The Bronte Sisters – Emily, Charlotte, Anne), Hardy (Thomas Hardy), Lawrence (D.H. Lawrence), and Atwood (Margaret Atwood).

Bronte and Atwood were tied at the heir poll and Bronte was ultimately chosen by me. Bronte ruled her generation singlehandedly, giving birth to Ellis (Bret Easton Ellis) and Shelley (Mary Shelley).

 I chose Shelley as heiress and she married her high school sweetheart, Heath Butler, and they had three children: Angelou (Maya Angelou), Morrison (Toni Morrison), and Baldwin (James Baldwin).

Baldwin won the heir poll, becoming the first male heir of the legacy! Baldwin married Serdar Shaikh, who he met at college, and they produced the first all-male generation – Dickens (Charles Dickens) and Wilde (Oscar Wilde). Unfortunately both Wilde and Dickens were face clones but Wilde won the heirship anyway.

Wilde married Lilly Do after having difficulty in finding a wife. Together, Wilde and Lilly brought another four Bookers into the legacy: Gaiman (Neil Gaiman), Eliot (George Eliot), Du Maurier (Daphne du Maurier), and Ryman (Geoff Ryman), the only alien to appear in the legacy so far.

Eliot won the heirship poll by a landslide and she married her college beau, Bruce Shweber. They had three children, Joyce (James Joyce), Alcott (Louisa May Alcott), and Christie (Agatha Christie).

Which brings us to this chapter, introducing Christie Booker and her fiancé, Blair Thorne, as they return back to the house to bring in generation 8. Are you ready?

Let’s go!



Christie: “Listen, before we go in and say hi to my parents, there’s something you need to know. My mum and dad are very… what’s the word?”

Eccentric? Kooky? Outlandish?

Christie: “Very argumentative…”


Blair: “No problem, I’m sure I can handle a few arguing in-laws.”


Christie: “Eh-heh…”


Bruce: “No, Eliot! I don’t know why the stalk market keeps crashing on Gray’s Animal Crossing! Why don’t you ask her yourself!?”

Blair: “Oh, my.”

Christie: “I warned you~”


Christie: “Hi, mama!”

Eliot: “Oh, my baby girl is finally home!”


Christie: “Hi, Daddy!”

Bruce: “Don’t you look all grown up!”

Eliot: “Gray?”

Yes, my dear?

Eliot: “I want to argue with Christie.”

Can’t you wait a few minutes?

Eliot: “Let me think… No.”


Eliot: “Why the HELL are you wearing a green dress with purple leopard print leggings! Do you have NO sense of fashion or are you blind!?”

Christie: “It’s nice that things never change around here.”


Bruce: “We have missed you, baby girl.”

Eliot: “And who are you?!”

Blair: “I’m Blair… Christie’s fiancĂ©?”

Eliot: “Oh, so, Gray finally forced a redhead in the family in hopes that it’ll bring the recessive genetics out, huh? Newsflash, Blake-“

Blair: “Blair.”

Eliot: “- It won’t work!”


Christie: “Oh, don’t worry, Penny-bo-Benny! I haven’t forgotten about my number one girl!”


Bruce: “Ah, I love you, my darling.”

Eliot: “And I you, my snow-tipped yeti.”

Blair: “… What the *bleep*”

Get used to it pal. They’ve only just reached elderhood too, they’ll be around for a while.


Literally, as soon as Christie got home, she got a job and then had to go to work the moment the sun came up.

Christie: “I already hate this.”

Too late, I made my choice and you’re heiress. Go to work now, please.


Blair: “I could get used to this family if all they do is smustle!”


I CANNOT BELIEVE. We’re not even into the depths of the first chapter and we have a death!

Penelope, I can’t believe you’re that old!


Grim: “Gray needs to be more attentive to her simulated pets.”

Listen, pal.


Eliot: “NOOOOOO PENELOPE!”


Eliot is really devastated. Penelope is the only sim Eliot couldn’t argue with, and I can’t tell if she regrets that or is thankful for it.


Bruce: “It’s going to be okay, my dear.”

Eliot: “Thank you, honey.”


Enjoying your bath, El?

Eliot: “I’d enjoy it more if my pig husband wasn’t taking a dump only a few feet from me.”

What?


Bruce: “I said I’m sorry, Eliot!”

Jesus.

Christ.


Eliot: “Why isn’t Christie doing this?”

Because she’s the first sim in like 3 generations to roll a LTW for a career and I’m relieved about it. Just paint your portrait and don’t pretend you’re not flattered by your own vanity.


Christie: “Guess what! I got a promotion!”

Blair: “That’s amazing! You know what that calls for!?”

A midnight wedding!!


And here is the finished portrait sitting next to Wilde and Lilly.


Alcott: “Wow, they still have this hunka junk?”


Joyce: “Are you attempting to upstage our own sister on her wedding day?”

Alcott: “What are you implying!?”


Blair: “I can’t wait to marry you, baby.”


Uh, I don’t think Christie has to worry about being upstaged. Can we say under-side boob!?


They exchange their vows and rings.


I really do love how happy sims look when they get married. It makes me all warm inside.


Blair Thorne takes Christie’s last name and becomes the fourth Mr Booker to join the legacy.


Alcott looks super happy for her sister, that’s rather sweet.


Blair: “Ugh, my wife looks so divine in that dress.”

Christie: “Calm down, we still need to cut the cake.”

I don’t think it’s wedding cake that he wants, honey.








Christie and Blair are rather cute together but my eyes cannot stop staring at Christie’s chest. What kind of choice for a wedding dress is that!? Who designed such a revealing dress!?


Aw, it’s all of the Bookers sitting around the table again!

*sniffle*

Brings a tear to my eye.


Oh, hey Banana.

Sweet dreams, audience!


Christie: “Oh yes, I made the right choice in my husband.”

Poor Blair, doing the dishes on his own wedding day… Night?





*sneakily clicks try for baby*


There wasn’t a lullabye but I’m not too fussed, they have plenty of time to have babies. Maybe it’s best they focus on their careers for now anyway.


It’s a roof raiser!


Bruce: “You look ravishing in that dress today, my dear.”

She looks like Christmas vomited on her.


Well, as long as Eliot’s happy, I don’t mind.


Why are you smustling in the bathroom in your underwear?

Bruce: “Because every time I woohoo it’s a celebration, Gray!”


Yvonne & Andrea: “We don’t claim her.”

Please, please, get a shower later, Eliot. I beg of you.


Blair: “I can’t believe we’re actually married now! It feels like we got engaged so long ago.”

Christie: “It really wasn’t that long ago, though, honey. But, the sentiment still stands.”


PLEASE GET CHANGED BOTH OF YOU.


Alcott takes a stroll past the house.

Alcott: “I used to live here.”

Christie: “Go home.”


Blair returns home from work with Mitch, Dickens’ husband!


Blair: “Congrats on being so smoking hot, Chris.”

Christie: “Uh, my dad’s right behind you…”


Don’t look behind you, Christie.

Christie: “I’m not falling for that one! Lemme boogie!”


Oh, Christ, here we go.

Gabriel: “You Bookers need to knock it off! I’m not above burning this house down.”

Eliot: “Whuh!”


Eliot: “Oh! He wants to go!”

Kick his ass, Eliot!


Eliot: “Listen pal, I maybe be old but that won’t stop me from beating you down. Get the hell out of my house.”


Gabriel: “Ugh, she isn’t crying!?”

She’s the queen bitch, Gabriel, you just messed with the wrong sim.


Who are you gossiping about!?

Eliot: “My old professor.”

Jesus.


Eliot: “Hey Dancers! It’s me, Dancingstar19, to bring you more insight on how random smustling can actually improve your life as well as your health! Here’s ten reasons why you should smustle in your underwear right now!”


Christie brings home Annabelle! I forgot she was in Politics too. Sorry you won’t be progressing any further, Annabelle.

Annabelle: “It’s okay, you got rid of my horrible mother-in-law.”

Hey, Atwood was a crowd favourite.


Because these two are doing so well in their careers, maybe it’s time to bring in some little Bookers?


Eliot: “I won’t vote for you, Christie.”

Christie: “Uh, is there something in my policies you don’t agree with?”

Eliot: “No, I just won’t vote. Cha-ching!”


Eliot: “Ugh, my mother.”


Have these two been reading Eliot’s blog post about dancing in their underwear?


Christie: “Oh, this is too easy. Maybe my husband should play instead. He’s got a higher logic skill.”

Bruce: “Now… How do I call Uno?”

Christie: “Daddy, I love you but…”


There we go, a match-up to rival all match-ups.


Christie: “Let’s just flush away the evidence…”

Whatcha up to?

Christie: “Oh, nooooothing~”



The dissonance of Breliot.


Unfortunately, this is where we leave the original Bookers as my game exploded into a big ball of flames.

I could only do what I could do – I reset my game and started afresh with Bruce, Eliot, Christie, and Blair. Thankfully nothing too traumatic was lost and I managed to save the spares of the previous generation – Joyce and Alcott, too, but everyone else was sacrificed.

This means that from this moment on, the Bookers won’t be living in the same house and the spares previous to Joyce and Alcott won’t exist anymore. Good news because it means the spares updates won’t take as long to do, but bad news because I’m sure a lot of you were excited to see where the spares were going to go. Don’t worry, the spares and a few of their kids (my favourites ofc) were saved and will be popping up in future legacies and challenges!!

So, let’s get back on with the story… Also, apologies, I’ve installed a new default skin and eyes  *smiles*

Wasn’t hoping to unveil them until my next challenge but here we are.


First thing’s first – We gotta get these heir portraits back up on the wall!

Eliot: “And I’m doing it because!?”

Because you have high creativity skill and Christie’s at work.

Eliot: “I don’t even know these people!”

… Yes, you do. *nervous laughter*


I kinda cheated a bit because before the game fireballed, both Blair and Christie were at level 9 of their careers.

Cut me some slack, I just lost two years of progress, I need a little cheat here and there to keep me sane!


Christie: “Somehow I feel like this wasn’t deserved and I’m angry about it!”

Geez, let me go run and hide.


Now that these two have achieved their LTWs and are at the top of their careers, it’s time to get them to achieve the remaining part of being a Booker heir and spouse.


That means baby making time!

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!


Blair: “Somehow I feel like I’m living in a place I’ve lived in before but everything’s different now…”

Whatcha making, champ?

Blair: “Why are you ignoring my existentialist crisis?”

Because I’ve had about twenty in the last three weeks, that’s why! Now tell me! What. Are. You. Making. Champ!?

Blair: “...pancakes.”


Could you two sit further away?


At least ACR is still working because otherwise this relationship would be like a cold fish.


Geez Louise, either Blair’s face just froze or that’s how his face template will always look…


Here she is, Mrs Mayor of Belladonna Cove!

Blair, in the background: “I’m so proud of my wife.”


These two also had adorably similar career rewards and if that isn’t true love, then I don’t know what is.


Christie: “I declare that my first act as mayor is to make sure that my incredibly handsome husband knows just how much I adore him!”


Hey… Wilde…

Wilde: “Why did you do this to me? Why this hair? Why these clothes?”

Let’s be honest, honey, I forgot that you’d be staying on the lot until Christie popped her first kid out… At least you look like you! My lady was telling me to just use the random sims that appeared in CAS!

Wilde: “This is unforgivable, really.”

I mean, it’s not so bad… At least you don’t look like Lilly.


Oh geez.

Lilly: “Wh-what did you do to me…”

Sorry, girl.


Christie: “You missed my first pop.”

I’m SORRY! I was watching your mother get spooked by your grandmother twice and missing each one!


Christie: “Success, I’m pregnant!”

Blair: “REALLY!?”


Blair: “This is amazing news, Chris. Imagine how good this will look for your campaign.”

Christie: *person person plus plus*


Christie: “Our little family will be the face of future families in Belladonna Cove.”

Blair: “I’m pretty sure your family’s been the fact of future families since your great-great-great-great-great-grandmother Yvonne started this legacy.”

Christie: “Blair, honey, don’t ruin this for me, please!”


Christie: “Has this man been in my house the whole night?”

Yes.

Christie: “Playing chess?”

Yes.

Christie: “Freak.”


Gabriel: “Somehow I feel like I’ve always been angry at this family for spying on me!”


Bruce: “You wanna go, buddy!? I’ve seen all of my wife’s ancestors die and I can damn well do that same to you!”



I cannot physically deal with you two.


Wilde: “Go away pretty boy!”

Blair: “YARGHHHH!”

Bruce: “Now, sonny, I know I’m not the most conventionally attractive man in the world but there’s no need to scream at me like that.”


Christie: “Oh, you caught this one, huh!”

Yes and now I have commentary:

Honey, that mouth is doing you no favours.

Christie: “But it’s doing Blair a lot of fa-“

No. This is a family show.


Wilde: “WHY DO YOU LOOK THE SAME AS YOU DID BEFORE!?”

Eliot: “AAH! The ghost of the sim who was formally my father!”


Eliot: “Jeez, they really hold grudges.”

You’re telling me. I’m sure these ghosts have been spooking you more than they had been originally.

Maybe Wilde is just really angry at you.


And we’ll end this tumultuous chapter with the fixed line-up of heir portraits!

See, it’s like nothing was really lost! Just two years of progress, a few dozen sims, and a large family tree…

Until next time!

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment