Tuesday 1 October 2019

The Literal Booker Legacy - The College Years: Part 2, What's Mine is Mine


Welcome back to the Literal Booker Legacy!

I've been gone a while, right? A lot of things have happened to me... Most of them are bad BUT I do have exciting news to share!
I'll be moving to South Korea next year so I'm hoping that I'll get a significant portion of this legacy done before that. Fingers crossed for me :D

Anyway, recap time! Austen and Cherry brought four potential heirs into the Booker family: Bronte, Hardy and Lawrence, and Atwood. 

Who will win the heirship? Let's read on to find out!



And the first thing I see when opening up the household after several months:

Lawrence and Veronica bonding over sports.

Veronica: “Oh come on, you stupid frick-fracks!”


Lawrence: “I think they just scored a touchdown!”

Veronica: “Yes! Go Belladonna Witches, go!”


Meanwhile, Bronte is out and about looking to find man number 4 to help complete her 5 woohoo want.

And who should stroll by but Mr Big himself, Marcel.

Bronte: “Why do they call him Mr Big?”

Because he’s… Well… Because… He has a lot of money. Yeah.

Bronte: “Oh, and I thought it was because he had a big-“


ONTO THE NEXT SCENE THANK YOU!

Marcel is happy to listen to Bronte tell him over and over again how wanted and desired he is.
Typical.


I think we know the drill by now, a little kiss here, a little flirt here aaaaaand…


Voila!

Marcel: “Where did you learn to kiss like that?”

Bronte: “That’s all natural talent, baby.”


Bronte: “Want me to show you more?”





Veronica: “I can hear them out here and I’m alone! Everyone else is at class.”

Sorry, Ronnie, you’ll just have to get used to it.


After sending Marcel home, Bronte is immediately on the phone. Why?

Bronte: “You’ll see.”


Oh, I do see. Makoto will be sim number 5, thus completing the want to woohoo with 5 different sims. Clever. Clever.


Oops.

Marcel: “That harlot!”

Like you’re any better, really. But sure, she’s the problem.


That massive grin ladies and gentlemen is a sign that Bronte has achieved the impossible.

Bronte: *rolls want to woohoo with 10 sims*

No. No.

No.


Lawrence: “Sorry, but… who the hell are you?”

Makoto: “Oh, I’m familiar with your sister. Very familiar.”

Hardy: “Ha ha, I hate you.”


Hardy: “I hate you so much. Get out of my house.”

Makoto: *day dreaming about Bronte*


What are you doing? I thought she broke your heart.

Marcel: “She did but she was also one hell of a lay!”


Marcel: “And now I steal your invisible newspaper!”

That’s more like it.


So, to save time and my boredom, we’ve skipped a few days. Bronte is now a Junior and everyone else is in Sophomore year.

Bronte: “Okay, are you going to tell me why you’re crying or…?”

Hardy: “It sucks. Why do I have to wait for my own girlfriend to actually want to marry me? She should want to marry me now!”

Hardy rolled the want to get engaged to Veronica the moment he moved in.

Bronte: “It’s harder for us Romance sims. She will come around… because if she doesn’t…”


Veronica: “Bronte told me you’d gone out for a nightly walk. Are you okay?”

Hardy: “I’m… fine.”


Veronica: “That’s good because I actually have a big question to ask you.”

Hardy: “Y-you do?”


Veronica: “Hardy Booker, will you do me the honour of becoming my husband and the future father of the billions of children I will want after the Sophomore year ends?”

Hardy: “Oh my God!”


Hardy: “Yes! Yes!”


Do not be confused, this literally occurred at dawn that’s why the lighting has changed.

So, Hardy is not going to be heir. Surprised? Me neither.

He and Veronica will move into Everivory Fields after college and start their new life together.


Oh well, looks like the time was right for her after all.

Hardy: “Maybe she should keep her aspiration and become a chef after all.”

Veronica’s current LTW is to be a Celebrity Chef but because she’ll be changing her aspiration to Family after the year ends, the LTW will change.


And so they celebrate the good news.


Bronte: “I hope to god you do change your aspiration because if you run out on my brother at your wedding I will hunt you down personally.”

Veronica: “Relax. I think you might be a bit too busy raising a legacy generation to bother about me.”

Tyler: “God, I can’t wait until this year is over… so much drama for no reason.”


Marcel is still stalking the house after stealing the newspaper in the morning.

Marcel: “I just want to see if she’s seeing any new men.”

She’s not. She’s a serious student now.

Marcel: “Pfft, yeah right…”


Bronte: “So, why am I bringing in the newspaper again?”

Don’t look so pouty. It’s just so you can apologise to Marcel for breaking his heart.


And there he is!

Bronte: “Marcel, I want to say from the deepest of my heart that I am so sorry for hurting you and breaking your heart.”

Marcel: “Well…”


Marcel: “You don’t get as far as I do in life without a few heartbreaks. You’re forgiven.”


Very forgiven it seems.

Bronte: “Actually, let me show you how sorry I am. Follow me inside.”


Marcel: “Oh yeah. I still got it.”


Well…we know how this one ends.


Hardy, honey, I don’t think cleaning the toilet will unclog it…


Hardy: “This is disgusting.”

Welcome to living with four other sims.

Your sister will be here soon too… that’ll make it five.


Marcel: “Sooooo… who are you? Are you one of Bronte’s live-in boyfriends?”

Tyler: “Me? No way. I’m her brother’s boyfriend.”


Marcel: “… I see.”


Hardy: “Bronte, I understand that you are a Romance sim with needs but… can you pick someone a little less… egotistical?”


Bronte: “We’re legacy sims, have you ever heard of anyone not being egotistical around us?”

Hardy: “The point still stands.”


Bronte: “Oh, alright, I’ll kick him out.”

Hardy: “Thank you.”


A few days later, look who’s here!

Atwood: “So, this is where my siblings have been living for the past four years?”

Basically.

Atwood: “What a hovel.”


Atwood: “The music’s good at least. So, where is everyone?”

At final exams.


Atwood: “Oh, here they are.”


With a little extra money, Tyler decided to treat Lawrence to a lovely meal out at Londste. And also, because I’ve been neglecting the spares really badly…


Lawrence: “You don’t usually do this kind of thing, Tyler. Is everything okay?”


Tyler: “Of course everything is okay. I just wanted to treat you.”


Lawrence: “Well, that’s more than okay. I’ll let you treat me, cutie.”


Aw.

So, in case you couldn’t tell, Lawrence didn’t win heirship either so it’s down to the two Miss Independents.


Tyler: “Actually, I lied. There’s a reason why I invited you here today…”

Lawrence: “Really?”


Tyler: “Actually, it’s a little embarrassing but…”


Tyler: “I know we didn’t get off on the right foot but honestly, there’s no one on this Earth I’d rather spend my life with than you.”

Lawrence: “Tyler!”


Tyler: “Lawrence Booker, will you marry me?”


Lawrence: “How could I ever say no? I love you, you big goof!”


Lawrence: “I thought you’d never ask.”

Tyler: “I’ve been waiting for the right moment. And now feels better than ever.”


Remember when Lawrence said he was going to be alone for the rest of his life?

Yeah… Looks like he’s going to get his happy ending after all.


A very happy ending!


I wasn’t lying when I said Bronte had become a serious student. She’s now a senior.

Hardy: “I never thought I’d see my sister not hanging around some man.”

Bronte: “I can hear you.”


Atwood is addicted to the exercise bike and her work-out outfit is the complete polar opposite of her day wear.

Atwood: “Pink can be goth too.”

Sure.


The next day, Bronte received a peculiar phone call from Austen.

Austen: “I just wanted to congratulate you on being chosen as heiress.

Bronte: “There’s some mistake. Wasn’t there a tie?”


Austen: “Yes, there was a tie but Gray, after a long thought process, has chosen you to be heiress.”

Bronte: “Me? The Romance sim?”

Austen: “Yes. You.


Bronte: “Well, alright. I’m sure Gray knows what she’s doing…”

Austen: “Trust her and have faith. She’s gotten you this far long.

Bronte: “That’s true… I’ll do my best as heiress.”


Atwood: “Was that Mum? Did she tell you who won heirship?”

Bronte: “She did. It’s me. I’m heiress.”


Atwood: “You’re kidding. You? Little miss Romance. You’re going to get married and have kids.”

Bronte: “I never said I’d get married. Having kids I can do easily…”

Veronica, under her breath: “Too easily.”


Bronte: “Look, this isn’t my decision. Gray decided it. You need to talk to her if you want your opinion putting across.”

Atwood: “I doubt I could make her change her mind.”

You cannot.

Bronte was my favourite from the moment she was born. Sorry.


Bronte: “Look at it this way. You can live forever and I’ll grow old and die eventually.”


Atwood: “Or, rather, she picked the lesser of two evils.”

Definitely not that one. Definitely not.


Atwood: “Well, this is something a little dancing can’t fix.”


Marcel: “Maybe if I wait out here, Bronte will come out and see me.”


Marcel: “Ah shoot! Is that the gay brother or the straight one?”

Are you kidding? You don’t even know her siblings' names?


Lawrence: “Oh great, it’s him again.”

Marcel: “Let me just avoid his gaze, maybe he won’t notice me…”


Marcel: “And now to enter.”

Ex-excuse me!? You didn’t even knock and you weren’t even greeted!


Atwood: “Well, hello, now I definitely see that college was worth coming for.”

Marcel: “She looks like Bronte, but doesn’t sound like her.”

You are correct. This is her younger sister, Atwood.

Marcel: “Ooh, sister.”

No!


Veronica: “Isn’t it so strange that Marcel started flirting with Atwood because he thought she was you, Bronte?”


Bronte: “Very strange indeed.”

Atwood: “Ah, I have to go to class!”


Bronte: “Marcel, come with me right now.”

Marcel: “Ooh yes!”


And the point you’re making here?

Bronte: “I can do what I want and what’s mine is mine.”

Ooh… kay?


I don’t think I should be the one to tell Bronte her plan didn’t work.

Atwood: “Hey, since you know my family soooo well, why don’t we have a little you-on-me time?”


Marcel: “I like it!”

The date didn’t last long, but it ended well.

Somehow, I feel like Atwood isn’t going to give up on this.


Veronica and Hardy are still lovey-dovey and are very excited to graduate soon so they can move into their own house and start a big family.


And Bronte has entered her last year as a senior and everyone else is invigorated to know they only have one more year left!


Since Bronte is Romance sim and keeps rolling wants to have a date, I decided to let the llama who keeps visiting the house to have a go.

His name is Corbin, by the way.


Bronte: “So, I graduate soon, wanna be my last memory?”

Corbin: “Do I!?”


Lawrence: “I feel like something interesting is happening but I can’t see.”

Tyler: “Are you kidding babe, the interesting thing is your sister’s face merging with the mascot head.”


Bronte: “Your costume smells musty.”


Bronte: “But your butt is soft and fluffy.”

*honk*

Corbin: “Don’t touch the tail.”


*Take me to the Pilot plays in the background*





So I think that’s 6 sims now.

Six.


That stupid smirk on her face is her considering a successful career at college.


Hardy: “Don’t mind me.”


Corbin: “I gotta go.”

Bronte: “I’ll see you around maybe.”

No, you won’t.

Bronte: “Shush!”


Bronte: “Oh, don’t look so disgusted, Hardy.”

Hardy: “This is how I usually look.”

Bronte: “Sure.”


Lawrence: “Oh, that’s awkward that Makoto didn’t even acknowledge you.”

Bronte: “I don’t have any hard feelings.”


Atwood, how does it feel to have finished your first year at college!?

Atwood: “Like I have a lifetime ahead of me.”

No, rather, that’s me. I still have to play you to graduation before I can get to the meat of the story.

Atwood: “I apologise I guess…”


And there they go! Bronte on her way to her last final exam ever!


She’s so cute in her cap and gown, I’m so glad I chose her as heiress.


Cherry: “This reminds me of our graduation. Right, Austen?”


Austen: “Undoubtedly.”

Bronte: “Oh God, I have to go back home to that.”

Haha! You’ve missed them. Admit it.


Bronte: “Thanks for coming Mum, I’m really glad you’re here.”

Austen: “It’s not a problem, my darling.”


Cherry: “I’m so excited you’re coming home so soon! We have a big surprise for you waiting at home!”

Bronte: “A surprise!?”

I wonder what it could be…


Cherry: “Be careful with your hips, Bronte, they’ll only be like that for a short while.”

Bronte: “Mom!”


Bronte: “Here I go!”

Atwood: “Really, right in front of my computer!?”


That’s a very conservative look for you.

Bronte: “Well, you know what they say. Men go wild for ladies in suit.”

Actually… usually I see other girls going wild for ladies in suits…

Bronte: “Oh. Well. I can always change at home.”

You can.


Everyone: “Bye Bronte!”


Bronte: “Well, here I go, onto the life of an heiress.”


Bronte: “I guess I’ll see you there.”

You definitely will.


And so the first of the second generation graduate college, leaving 3 out of the 4 left to graduate.


After Bronte left things sort of fell into a swing.

Everyone went to class and studied.

Veronica and Hardy discussed their future more and more as their senior year came to a close.


Tyler picked up a new hobby.


And everyone got a little bit more serious.


And then this happened! I don’t even know what caused it but I guess maybe Hardy has some issues of Atwood getting two votes and he getting none.


Hardy: “At least I have a diverse aspiration. Yours is just a remake of Mom’s!”

Atwood: “Uh!”


Atwood: “Listen, Hardy, I don’t want to go macho on you but I haven’t been addicted to the exercise bike for no reason. I will beat you down.”

Hardy: “Yeah right.”


I’m just shocked and disappointed at this point.


You two loved each other when you were younger! Why has this happened?!


Hardy: “Take that you watered-down version of Bronte!”


Atwood: “No, take that, you unoriginal twin-freak.”


Atwood: “Ha!”


Hardy: “Can I graduate now?”

Sorry bud, you still have a few more days left to go…



And now you’re dancing to celebrate?

Atwood: “Hell yeah, I won a fight.”

Ugh.



Not to fear, no more fights broke out between then and graduation. Thankfully Hardy and Lawrence will be leaving and I won’t have to play them unless I want to (and I don’t see it happening often but hey… maybe?)


At least two couples emerged in the second generation.

Just a shame neither of them were to become the reigning couple.


Wow, the bad outfits get worse.

Atwood: “Ha, I always knew your sense of style was pathetic. You wuss.”


One by one, everyone goes home. Veronica and Hardy leave together…


As do Lawrence and Tyler.

Leaving Atwood all by herself.


You’re alone now, how does that feel?

Atwood: “Freeing.”


No… This is what you do with your new found freedom?


Oh, that’s nice. The moment she makes out with him, he rolls the want to get married to Bronte.

Not engaged. Married.


Atwood: “I won’t lie, I’ve not done this before.”

No, you don’t admit that to someone like him! Atwood, don’t do this!


Marcel: “Don’t worry, you got this. Just let your senses take over.”

Atwood: “O-okay…”








And he still has that sleazy want to marry Bronte whilst he’s on a date with her sister. It’s frankly disgusting and Atwood deserves better.


Atwood: “Are you supposed to feel different…?”

Uhm… no, not really?

Atwood: “I made a mistake.”

It’s okay, we all make mistakes.


Atwood took a shower and then went to class, by the time she returned home, Marcel had gone home and relief swept over the whole house.


So, admittance time: I’m a bad simmer and I can’t keep up with the 50 1st dates thing so… we have a genie lamp and she’s not the heiress…

So, it’s okay that I cheat, right?


Genie: “You may grant three wishes. Choose carefully.”


Atwood: “Three? I need only one. Peace of mind. My simmer wants me to have perma-plat.”


Atwood: “See, she cares more about my sister than me.”

That’s only vaguely true!


Genie: “And thus your wish shall be granted!”

Atwood, this is where you’re supposed to feel different.

Atwood: “I feel tingly!”


With no need to work towards her LTW and her classes being optional since she doesn’t need the economy degree, Atwood just spends her time playing video games and I don’t blame her.

She’s a pleasure sim after all.


Hey, who are you talking to? Not Marcel, I hope.

Atwood: “Ha ha, no. She’s a cheerleader.”

Ooh!


I never would have guessed cheerleaders were Atwood’s type.


Ericka: “These legacy sims are smooth talkers.”

How do you think they’d managed to get to generation 3 so far?


Atwood: “Wanna go on a date with me? I’ll show you just how to have the best time of your life.”

Ericka: “Oh my God, yes!”


Hook…


Line…


Sinker…


Well, we know how this ends.


Ericka: “Sorry, I gotta love ya and leave ya!”

Atwood: “I want to marry her.”

*rolls want to marry Ericka*

Well, I never saw that coming!


Happy graduation day Atwood! This is it, all of generation 2 is done with college and now I can focus on your sister’s storyline.

Atwood: “Don’t sound too excited to abandon me and my brothers.”

You all get to live in gorgeous houses with unlimited money and a long, long life. What’s so wrong with that?

Atwood: “…”

Anyway, who are you calling? Your parents?

Atwood: “No, they’re smustling right now.”


Oh, so they are.


Austen: “I seem to have got my arm trapped in the wall!”


Oh! So that’s who she was calling over. I should have guessed.


Atwood: “Ericka Shin, I’ve never loved another person this much before and I fear that if I were to leave college without asking you this question, I’d regret it forever.”


Ericka: “Oh my God!”


Atwood: “Will you marry me and let me make you the happiest NPC on this sim-earth?”

Ericka: “Would I marry you!?”


Ericka: “I think the answer is yes, obviously!”


I never would have guessed Atwood would be the sim to get engaged so soon but since her LTW is taken care of… there’s no real issue.


And so the future Mrs and Mrs Shin smustle their way through Atwood’s graduation.


You are the first sim in your family to grow into an appropriate outfit, and an outfit I actually like.

Atwood: “Well, you should’ve chosen me to be your heiress.”

I’ll regret it later.

Atwood: “See ya, Yusun!”

Yusun: “I will rue this family!”


Atwood: “So, I guess this is farewell.”

Don’t worry, I’ll pop in now and again. You have a wedding to plan and a family to create!

Atwood: “Promise you won’t be gone too long?”

Are you going to miss me?

Atwood: “Forget it. To Everivory Fields please.”

… I’ll miss you too, kiddo.

And so we finish generation 2. Next time we'll be returning to the main household to make a start on generation 3! I have something fun planned for this one ;)

Also, I don't know if anyone was curious about my sims' sexualities? (Maybe it's just me cus I love seeing LGBT sims in people's games eh):
Yvonne - Gay
Wynne - Straight
Austen - Bisexual
Bronte - Straight
Hardy - Straight
Lawrence - Gay
Atwood - Bisexual/Pansexual (I can't quite decide which label fits her better)
If you want an updated list after every generation, I'd be more than happy to do so :)

Thanks for reading and sorry again for being gone so long <3

No comments:

Post a Comment