Thursday 20 February 2020

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 6, Chapter 2: Double Trouble


Hello and welcome back to The Literal Booker Legacy!

Previously Wilde invited his belle to move into the main house but things quickly grew rocky between them. Lilly, fearing that Wilde was taking advantage of her meekness, confronted him and was treated to a romantic getaway – just the two of them. There, in the starlight of The Three Lakes, Wilde and Lilly said their vows and became the next couple to reign the Booker Legacy.

Lilly, now feeling a little queasy, likely from the food, has to deal with the egnimatic family that she is now a part of.


Wilde: “Now this is a true test of wits, my tenacious friend.”

Who… Who are you talking to you?


Wilde: “Ah, a bold move but you have found yourself in the corner, my plucky friend.”


Again… Who are you speaking to!?


Hey, Lilly, how’s the skill-building coming along?

Lilly, muttering: “Uh, I’m not too sure I can… concentrate with… Baldwin yelling…”

Ah yeah, that’s just something you’re going to have to get used to. Baldwin’s a gamer.


Baldwin: “YOU SON OF A –“

Lilly: “I’ve never heard such foul language!”

Again, you’ll just have to get used to it.


Meanwhile, Serdar is outdoors playing with the puppies.

As per usual.


And then he gets distracted and decides to tune the piano.


Lilly: “Hurk! Why is this floor wet…?”

Well, you clogged the toilet, love.


Lilly: “Oh! … Wilde, wait!”


Lilly: “Um… Remember my nausea…?”

Wilde: “Sure, you weren’t well on the flight over.”

Lilly: “I’m pregnant.”

Wilde: “For real!?”


Wilde: “This is the best news!”

This goes to show kids, it just takes one go.


Serdar, you’re going to be a grandfather!

Serdar: “Excellent, allow me to dance in joy!”


Baldwin, have you hea-

Baldwin: “Just one second…”

Um.

Baldwin: “Okay, now you got me.”


You’re going to be a grandfather!

Baldwin: “OH HUZZAH!”


Lilly: “Are you sure… This sparkly food is okay?”

Yeah, just make sure Baldwin or Serdar don’t try and feed you cheesecake.


Wilde: “Oh, Grandma’s still here.”

Don’t worry, she won’t be for much longer.

Shelley: “Do not forget the damage I can cause.”

Ha, you can’t scare me anymore, Shell!


Lilly: “Not sure if it’s my… hormones… but well done, my honey.”

Wilde: “What for?”

Lilly: “For being sexy.”


Maybe it’s just the hormones, haha!

Although, Lilly and Wilde are actually 3 bolters, even though they don’t show it. I guess they’re just not the PDA kind of couple.


Serdar: “Weed picking is serious.”

Um, sure?


Oh, Paddington and Winnie have grown up. That makes 14 out of twenty and unfortunately the end of my trial.


Goodbye puppers!


Baldwin: “Don’t worry Peachy, my dear, that’s the end of it all. You did so well, my darling.”

The reason? I have BIG plans for Wilde and Lilly, but shush, that’s a secret hehe.


Wilde: “Let me sing a song of jubilation for the arrival of my baby!”

The baby hasn’t arrived yet, Wilde.

Wilde: “No harm in being prepared.”

Reading a parenting book is being prepared…


SERDAR WHAT THE FU-

Serdar: “Move, move! I am shocked!”


SERDAR NOOOOOOOO!


Never mind, Serdar cleaned himself up and got some hot dinner down him and decided to spend the rest of the evening playing MySims with Baldwin.


Lilly: “Oh, excuse me…”

Are you okay?


Lilly: “Y-yeah… Just… AH!... Giving birth…”

OH MY GOD!? How can you stay nonchalant about it!?

Lilly: “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!”

That’s more like it.


NO WAY!? NO FREAKING WAY?!

Let me just… OH MY GOD!?

We have a blond baby, y’all!

That’s it, legacy is over now!

Ahaha, just kidding.

This is Gaiman, named after Neil Gaiman. Neil Gaiman is an English writer who is probably best known for writing Stardust, Coraline, Good Omens, and American Gods. He is well known for writing the horrific in the every-day, as seen in Neverwhere and The Ocean at the End of the Lane. All of his works are definitely worth reading if you enjoy reading creepy fantasies – Stardust is my all-time favourite book.

Gaiman has blond hair (yeS!) and green eyes.


Serdar: “Zzz… A baby… A grandchild… Zzz…”


Lilly: “Here’s your son, Wilde. Now excuse me.”

Excu… Excuse you?


TWINS!?


It’s brunette baby girl with green eyes!

Ha, this might be the end of black hair!

This is Eliot, named after George Eliot. George Eliot, also known as Mary Ann Evans, is a Victorian writer best known for Middlemarch, The Mill on the Floss, and Adam Bede. Her reason for choosing a masculine pseudonym for writing despite female writers being published under their own names was to escape from the scrutiny that women only wrote light-hearted romances.

Middlemarch has also been described by a few authors as the best novel in the English language. 


And then, because the new generation has arrived, Baldwin takes his parents to the family graveyard and says goodbye.


Looking at that long lineage gives me shivers. I’ve never come this far in a legacy before.


Yvonne: “That’s because you never had me as a founder before!”

I mean… Maybe?


Austen: “Admit it, I was the most fun to play. I had the best storyline with Wynne.”

No doubt your storyline was very fun but…


Bronte: “HELLO? Did everyone miss how Gray paraded the fact that she LOVES romance sims now because of me?”

Well, yes that is also true…


Shelley: “But, I was the prettiest heiress.”

I feel like I’m being harassed here. I’m leaving.


Back to the main house, there is already an issue deriving between the twins.

Wilde: “I want to hold Eliot now please.”

Lilly: “Pick your son up first and I’ll consider it.”

Wow, becoming a mother gave Lilly a bout of confidence. You go, girl!


Lilly: “There you go, my darling girl.”


Wilde & Gaiman: “Ugh, Baldwin.”

Not sure what Baldwin’s done to deserve just animosity but…


After being fed, Wilde puts Gaiman into his crib.

Wilde: “So that’s what blond hair looks like on a baby.”

Oh, shut up…


Wilde’s very good with feeding his children autonomously. But he is also a child-orientated family sim.


Matchmaker: “Here’s another genie lamp, you fool!”

Um… Thanks.


Wilde: “We have two healthy babies, all thanks to you my love.”

Lilly, muttering: “Th-thanks… I guess… was it all thanks to me? All I did was carry the babies and-“

Lilly, take the compliment, honey.

Also note, the one rare moment where Wilde and Lilly actually display PDA autonomously.


Wilde then rolled the want to study parenting so I sent him straight to the bookcase.


Wilde: “Yeesh, Dad. Baby hog much?”

Baldwin: “Don’t worry about a thing, son. Your father and I are professionals at this.”

Rule number one of living in the Booker house, never keep grandparents from their grandchildren. You will REGRET it.


Baldwin: “Can you believe it took Gray this long to have a blond child born? And neither of the parents have blond hair, it was all recessive.”

Serdar: “Aha! Is truly mad.”


Oh hey, it’s Uncle Mitch and Uncle Dickens and-

Wait.

WAIT. That hair looks so familiar…


Hmph. Looks like Dickens just wanted to marry someone who looked like his father… *shudder*

Don’t worry, we’ll fix Mitch’s hair after the party.


Wilde: “Dear brother!”

Dickens: “It is truly a delight to be here on the celebration of your children.”

Mitch: “Uh yeah. What he said.”


Oh, this is EXCITING!


Baldwin: *TOOOOOOOT*

Wilde: “Dad, that is literally right in my ear.”


And here’s Gaiman.

He looks JUST like his mother.

Frick. That’s not… ideal. Yeesh. I think one of my mods is playing with my genetics and I have an idea which one it is…

Gaiman is a Capricorn who is SUPER neat, very outgoing, lazy af, serious but nice.


Oh no. No. No. NO!

There is definitely a mod at work here because I wasn’t having this issue before. Even Lawrence and Hardy have different mouths, so what gives!? Ugh *rubs face*. It’s okay. It’s okay. It’s normal for some children to be identical to their parents… I mean… I am the spitting image of my mother so…

AnyWAY!

Eliot is a Scorpio who is also SUPER neat, very outgoing, very active, very serious and incredibly mean.

This is going to be an interesting play.


Lilly, muttering to herself: “This milk doesn’t look safe… What if it harms them… My babies…
 No. I don’t even know what is in this formula… *tuts* ooooh what do I do?”

Lilly, chill. It just helps the babies be a little quicker at picking up skills. It’s not harmful.

Lilly, muttering: “You would say that, peon for the man.”

…….. I am literally the furthest from capitalist you can get but okay.


Baldwin: “Granddaddy loves you! Yes he does!”


Lilly: “It’s time for my sweet boy to rest. Tomorrow will be a busy day of skilling for you.”


In the middle of the night, Serdar is the first to get to the nursery when the babies cry.

Everyone seems to favour Gaiman over Eliot. Hm.


Gaiman: “WHEE!”

Serdar: “Grandchild is best in the world. I have never been happier.”


Eliot plays with the jack-in the box.


Eliot: “Aw, I cwush you.”

Uh?!


Eliot & Gaiman: “Gwandpa.”


Jupiter: “I don’t like this simian… she smells… evil.”

She’s a baby! How evil can she be!?


Jupiter, panting: “Help……… me…….!”


Not to worry, Serdar is there to distract Eliot by teaching her how to walk.

Baldwin is teaching Gaiman how to talk at the same time.

I tend to teach the toddler skills by what the toddler rolls, Eliot wanted to walk first, Gaiman wanted to talk.

Also, the nursery gets very crowded when all four adults and two babies are in there.


After a busy day of learning invaluable life lessons, Gaiman heads to the table where he beings to doodle.

Eliot, meanwhile, plays with the blocks.


Sometimes I forget the spinner is in the room and then I get excited when I remember because it is my favourite thing from OFB (other than cheesecake and just business in general) and I love watching toddlers play on it.


Peachy: “You are a big boy! This is a small dog house only!”


Wilde: “At last, I get to hold my son without my fathers interrupting me.”


Oops. Peachy and Jupiter has gotten into a disagreement…

And this is where we leave the chapter, funny ending, I know.

Next time: More babies? More drama? The toddlers become children? Will I ever succeed in having decent genetics in this game? Only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment