Sunday 23 February 2020

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 6, Chapter 4: Patience


Welcome back to The Literal Booker Legacy where I am twenty-five and slowly going grey from these sims!

Previously, Serdar passed on and both Wilde and Lilly brought two more children into the generation: Lilly gave birth to a daughter, Du Maurier (named after Daphne du Maurier) and Wilde birthed an alien son called Ryman (after Geoff Ryman). This chapter will be full of trials and tribulations so let’s not mess around and start the chapter!



Eliot: “Aw this one’s kinda cute.”

Listen, Eliot, we need to talk about our conversation in the last chapter.

Eliot: “Aren’t you the cutest lickle baby!”

… Oh my God, she’s ACTUALLY ignoring me!


Eliot then reaches the top of her career, making her an overachiever.

Well done!

Eliot: “Uh Mom. Dad? What are you doing?”

STOP IGNORING ME!


Wilde: “Well, the sky looks blue-r in the winter time, Ellie.”


Gaiman: “Oh, hey Uncle Hardy. Yeah, Wilde gave birth to the first alien baby of the legacy…”

Eliot: “Hey, put that phone down, I wanna noogie you.”

… Why is Hardy calling Gaiman anyway?


Wilde: “And then the magical space princess played her magic xylophone and the music she played was so beautiful it brought back colour into the world.”


Wilde: “The race car driver’s car became yellow again and as he jumped for joy, the space princess realised she had one more job to do…”


Eliot: “Oh, wait, is this?”


Eliot: “It is! It’s snowing!”


Wilde: “And then the space princess ate the magical honey apple and the deep sleep placed across the universe was lifted and the evil witch was defeated.”

I feel like I missed a whole story here…


Baldwin: “Well, you’re certainly different from all the other Booker kids but you are definitely a Booker by DNA.”


Ryman: “I have infiltrated this family and will soon reign over all.”


Du Maurier: “What are you doing, Gray?”

Sorry, you just look really cute in that outfit I wanted to show the readers.

Du Maurier: “I’m going to miss the bus.”

Sorry! Sorry!


Baldwin: “Ah, look at this Serdar… Oh… Right.”

Baldwin, you are breaking my heart…


Lilly: “Oh, hey, a penguin. You don’t see that every day.”


Du Maurier: “I think I got a B+?”


Du Maurier: “Eh, I can do better.”


Baldwin then volunteers to help Du Maurier with her homework whilst Eliot games the afternoon away.


Du Maurier: “Grandpa, you’ll be around forever and ever, right?”

Baldwin: “Uh… Sure, kiddo.”

Don’t lie to her, Baldwin.


Du Maurier: “You LIED!”


Grim: “Ugh, thankfully. I’m so sick of hearing ‘my husband this’ and ‘my husband that’. You have that Serdar wrapped around your pinkie finger!”

Baldwin: “Uh…?”


Grim: “Which is why I invite you to happy hour in the afterlife! Non-stop cocktails, luaus and smustling competitions.”

Baldwin: “Oh, well, that sounds delightful.”


This timing couldn’t be worse but well done over becoming an overachiever, Gaiman!

Gaiman: “Thanks, I guess.”


There he goes, following after his husband.


Baldwin Booker!

The first male heir of the legacy! You weren’t as child-orientated as I would have expected a family sim to be but I guess the fact you had a pet related LTW was part of that. I never did finish your LTW but through some glitch you still ended up dying Permaplat.

Maybe in the next life I’ll give you the 20 puppies and kittens you want.

Rest well, my friend.


And here he rests until generation seven arrives.


Eliot: *whimper* “Grandpa.”


Eliot: “What do I do now? I have nothing to live for in this horrible house… I wish you were still here to guide me a little more.”


Dickens: “Well, it’s like someone died in this house.”

Someone did, you idiot. Your father!


Du Maurier: “Grandpa!”

Eliot: “Don’t cry, you little brat. You didn’t know him like I did.”

Du Maurier: “Huh? What?”

Eliot: “I mean… Aw, aw, poor Rie. Poor, poor Rie.”


Gaiman: “Here you go, Dad.”

Wilde: “Ah, good job, son. Just in time for his party too.”

Peachy: “This simian smells oddly… extra-terrestrial…”

Ryman: “Hello Father.”


Wilde: “It’s all riding on your shoulders, little bud. Don’t let us down.”


AH HE’S SO CUUUUUUUUUUUTE!


Little Ryman is a Scorpio who is SUPER neat, very outgoing, SUPER active but is incredibly serious and mean. I love alien personalities and how extreme they are.


Not entirely sure why Dickens and Mitch are playing rock, paper, scissors.


This is awkward…

Wilde: “Uh, lobster thermidor, anyone?”


After the party, everyone retreated to bed, leaving behind this poor soul.

Ryman: “I want to go down the staiiiiirs!”

Jupiter: “What a whiny simian.”


Eliot: “What are you doing out here, little man?”


Eliot: “Ugh, this is so boring. Why would anyone want to potty train a toddler?”

So they don’t have to change diapers?


Eliot: “Where are Mom and Dad?”


Flirting outside apparently…


Du Maurier: “You guys are really weird.”

Gaiman: “Hey, you’ll be joining us one day, Rie.”


Lilly is taking good care of Ryman even though they are genetically related.


I’m surprised, most women are hesitant to take care of their husband’s illegitimate children.

Lilly: “Well, it’s not like he had an affair, is it? Ryman’s existence is neither his nor my husband’s fault. Plus, he’s a little cutie, why wouldn’t I like him?”


Eliot: “Have you heard that Gray thinks I’m not good enough to be in the heir race. She thinks you and Du Maurier stand a better chance. Ain’t that too nutty?”


Gaiman: “Gray said that? Huh.”


Here’s a short spam of Ryman trying to figure out which peg goes where.








Ryman: “I did it! Now, time to spin on the spinny thing.”


Ryman: “This is the best thing ever!”

So… Are aliens more intellectually advanced than simians?

Ryman: “I am actually telepathically conversing with you. Everyone else hears “goo-goo ga-ga.” Isn’t that great?”

Uh…


Lilly’s picked up a new hobby!


Oh dear, little baby needs a hand.

Ryman: “Don’t patronise me.”


Ryman: “Dada!”

Wilde: “Not to worry little man, Daddy’s here to save you.”


And then Wilde proceeds to teach him a nursery rhyme.


Du Maurier: “Goodbye Miss Bus Driver!”


And the verdict today is!?


Du Maurier: “A+!”


Wilde: “Dear Stephen, my babies are getting so big now. The only one I worry about is Ryman, he’s so much younger than my eldest children and I fear he’ll get lost behind. I also worry about Eliot, she seems to harbouring some animosity towards both Gray and Rie… I just hope things will work themselves out for the better.”


You okay, Wilde?

Wilde: “GRAY! I wasn’t writing about you or anything!”

… Well, I’m definitely not suspicious now, Wilde…


Eliot: “Gray will knock me out of the heir race, will she? I’ll show her. I’ll be the fan favourite.”


That’s a very serious face to have when playing the guitar.


Eliot: “Take a sip of my secret potion, one taste and you’ll be mine~”*

*Black Magic – Little Mix


Previous Bookers: “This girl is trouble.”


Nothing exciting going on here, just a little baby Ryman learning how to walk.

Should I put Ryman in the heir race too? He is a biological child of Wilde and it might add a bit of excitement with the heir race.

Ryman: “Let me in. You know I’ll win hehehehe.”


Du Maurier: “Who’s a good boy, Jupiter?”

Jupiter: “Oh, for heaven’s sake, you know it’s me!”


Du Maurier: “You’re a good boy, Jupiter!”

Jupiter: “Ha, you fool. Now I will eat my treat with smug pride.”


Lilly: “I just want to kiss my husband but he won’t pit that game down!”


Du Maurier brought home Sethe today! Sethe is the daughter of Morrison and Lisa Rossi.


Du Maurier: “So if you’re older than me… Why are we the same age?”


Sethe: “It’s cus Gray prefers you guys over us. When you join us in Everivory, you’ll be subject to the same kind of neglect.”


Jupiter decides that a mid-winter night is the best time to play with the water wriggler.


And now for another bit of spam, but this time is Du Maurier and Ryman bonding at the activity table.











Du Maurier: “I don’t know what this dog wants from me?”

Peachy: “Play! Play!”


Du Maurier: “Oh do you wanna play, girl?”

Peachy: “YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!”

Jupiter: “This simian is truly dense.”


And finally, on the day of his birthday, Ryman is taught how to talk by Wilde.

Wilde: “Now, say Daddy.”

Even though this baby actually knows how to talk rather well…

Ryman: “Daddy!”


Ryman: “I love you, Daddy!”

Wilde: “My baby is so smart!”

You don’t even know the half of it, Wilde.


Lilly is also there to give Ryman some cuddles just before he ages up.


Oh, this is a bit of a spoiler but… Du Maurier brought home Evelyn McMillan. You’ll get to know her better in the spares update.


WHOA WAIT IS THIS ALLOWED?!

IS THIS ALLOWED?




Mitch: “Was that our niece fighting with a young girl in the living room?”

Dickens: “It appears to be that way, my darling.”


Wow, all the spares are coming to the house today.

This is Bathsheba Hutchins!


Of course, Dickens and Mitch’s arrival to the main house is because Ryman is having a party!


Look at this big family!


There goes cute baby Ryman!


And here he is as a sweet child-

Baldwin, what a surprise!


Baldwin: “I am here.”


Serdar appreciates my redecorating skills.


I’m sorry, Ryman is so frickin’ cute I couldn’t resist taking a photo of him after changing his PJs.


Ryman: “Watch this Mama!”

Wilde: “I’m sure this child loves Lilly more than me.”

Nahh…

Maybe. *shrug*


Serdar: “I do not recognise you, strange child!”

Gaiman: “You think a pearl necklace is what I should give a girl on a date?”

AY AY AY! That’s no conversation to have in front of a child!


Ah Baldwin, I was wondering when I’d see your goofy Hawaiian shirt again.


No sentimental goodbyes?

Wilde: “Eh, the nursery will be open when Du Maurier returns.”

What makes you thin-

Wilde: “I’m hoping. She’s the nicest of the kids.”


Evelyn: “Ehehehehehe, you’ll never see this coming.”


Evelyn: “Down with Du Maurier!”

Evelyn, what the hell my child!?


Du Maurier: “I have another friend!”

Oh, you’re definitely miss popularity, aren’t you?


It’s Morgan Oxley! Howl and Megan’s son and Wynne’s grandson.


Ryman: “This simian school work is hard to understand…”


Ryman: “What is a B+?”


Howard: “Hello, it is I. Howard Rossi!”

Oh, it’s Sethe’s twin brother, Howard. Howard is Morrison and Lisa Rossi’s son.

Also the only genetic red head in the family so far.


Ryman: “Why are you whistling?”


Ryman: “Ugh, another cake!”

You’re definitely fitting into this family nicely, Ryman.


The hijinks this family goes through.

Oof, that looks like it hurt, Ryman.


Eliot: “Boo, you suck, Ryman!”


Ryman: “Oh this is truly embarrassing!”


Du Maurier: “I am aging up today.”

I know. I’m excited!


She’s so patient, look at her! How cute!





Oh. I think she’s a clone of Wilde… Ah, we can only truly tell when she goes to college and ages up into a young adult!

Anyway!

Du Maurier is a Knowledge sim who wants to be Chief of Staff (Okay, we’ve not done that one before!) and likes fat sims who wear glasses and hates cooking skill.


Du Maurier: “Now I can show off my true side.”

… You look so hipster.

Du Maurier: “I know right!”


Okay, Eliot, you win.

Eliot: “Oh?”

I’ll let you join the heir race and see if other readers like you enough to want to you take over the family name.


Eliot: “That’s more like it. And nobody had to get hurt.”

Why would anyone get hurt?

Eliot: “Because I’d do anything if it meant being heiress. Anything.”

*gulp*


Du Maurier: “I was gonna do that, lady.”

Eliot: “Boohoo, I got here first. I’m the super neat one anyway.”

With that out of the way, I think we’ll end the chapter here. 

Until next time, thank you for reading! See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment