Saturday 22 February 2020

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 6, Chapter 3: Countless Reasons


Welcome back to The Literal Booker Legacy! We’ve officially brought Generation six! *pulls party popper*

This chapter's title is taken from the SHINee song Countless. Give it a listen, it's beautiful and heartwarming and also a little emotional when you read the lyrics and put it against context but anyway... 

Previously, Wilde, named after Oscar Wilde, married his love, Lilly Do, on a secret getaway to the mountains and conceived their first two children, twins Gaiman and Eliot, named after Neil Gaiman and George Eliot.

I have unsuccessfully attempting to get Wilde abducted but have since resigned. Will there be an abduction this chapter or will there just be more sim babies? Let’s read on to find out!


Wilde: “Let’s get you squeaky clean Ellie. Today’s a big day. It’s your birthday!”

Eliot: “My bwifday!”

Wilde: “And Gaiman’s too!”

Eliot: “No! MY bwifday!”


Wilde: “Oh, look.”

Don’t. Don’t you dare.

Wilde: “Two cakes.”


Here are Dickens and Mitch looking spiff! I changed Mitch’s hair like I said would in the last chapter. Dickens is no longer dealing with the Oedipus complex anymore.


Peachy: “Ugh, Jupiter. Move!”


The twins are grown up simultaneously! Here goes Gaiman.


And there’s Eliot.

There’s no doubt about it, they are identical to Lilly… Which kind of puts them at an awkward position with regards to heirship, but we shall see.


Here’s Gaiman!

Honestly, I have no actual issue with the face template… I just like genetic variation. I am so hesitant because I want that BLOND HAIR so badly…

Will I be willing to give up facial variation for blond hair?


Dickens: “Well, bravo on finally bringing in the blond hair that Gray has desperately been seeking.”

Wilde: “Yes! Now we need to bring in redheads.”

Oh.

Shoot. Maybe I should marry a redhead in…


Dickens: “Don’t upset her too much, as we are all aware this is her first attempt at a legacy… Trial and error can only lead to success in later attempts.”

Wilde: “Nah, it’s fun to tease her.”

*pout*


This is Lilly reaching her LTW of maxing 7 skills!

That was an easy permaplat to get to be honest…


Meanwhile, the party is actually still going on. Mitch and Dickens have taken to dancing in the dining room.


Of course, reaching childhood means that skills must be maxed.

Gaiman, what’s with that look?

Gaiman: “I will beat her.”

Spoiler: He didn’t. Eliot maxed all 7 of her skills first.


Lilly: “Oh uh… Am I pregnant again?”


Yes, she is. I have no idea what happened between the previous photo and this one but it’s a funny transition.

Wilde: “Oh, another baby! How joyous!”


Serdar and Baldwin seem to have this idea that the bathroom is the most romantic spot in the whole house…


And the romance seems to be flowing through the air as Lilly is being uncharacteristically affectionate to Wilde.


Lilly: “Wilde is so good on the guitar!”

Austen in portrait: “Hmph. I was better.”


Lilly: “Oh, look at that.”

Another pop for Lilly!


Serdar: “Children, I am trying to watch news. Stop please.”


Gaiman: “Ha ha! I’ll catch you, varmit!”


Serdar: “… Children.”

Ah, Serdar, this is what happens when you have a big family and grandchildren. Thank yourself lucky Wilde and Dickens were relatively tame.


Lilly: “His music makes me wanna dance! Dancing’s what clears my soul! Dancing’s what makes me move!”*

*Dancin' - Aaron Smith


Eliot: “Uh, pay attention to me now please.”


Ah, here are the little tykes as they embark on their first day of school!

Eliot: “Do you ever go away?”

Only at the end of the legacy, haha!


Whilst the kids are at school, Lilly goes into labour.

Lilly: “Oh, this hurts much more!”

You can scream you know, I know you like to mutter but-


Lilly: “SHUUUUUUUUUUUUT UPPPPPPPPP!”

I think she encapsulated the sassy spirit of Shelley there.

Where is Wilde I hear you ask? Well…


He’s fixing the tub.

Your wife is giving birth in the living room.

Wilde: “It’s nothing I haven’t seen before.”

If she doesn’t leave you after this baby is born, I will be most surprised.


It’s another brown haired, green eyed little girl! I’ll admit, I’m a little worried of how similar she looks to Eliot. Let’s hope they’re not identical. *fingers crossed*

Anyway, this little one here is Du Maurier.

No, I did not sneeze, it really is Du Maurier. Named after Daphne du Maurier who is an English playwright and novelist whose work is considered to be romantic, despite being written during the modernist/post-modernist era. Her most well-known work is Rebecca, My Cousin Rachel, Jamaica Inn, and Frenchman’s Creek. After her death it was uncovered that she was likely bisexual, having multiple instances of attraction to women.

What a legend. Du Maurier has a lot to live up to.


Lilly: “I have a feeling this little one can go the distance.”


Gaiman succeeded in getting an A+ on his first day. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that happen.

Gaiman: “I am so smart!”


Go on then Eliot, you have a lot to live up to.

Eliot: “Um… Let me see…”


Eliot: “Grade… Grade… Ah yes, there it is!”


Eliot: “B+.”

Ah, it’s not terrible. You still worked really hard.

Eliot: “Not hard enough, I guess.”

No, I didn-

Eliot: “You didn’t have to.”

Sorry?


Gaiman: “Mum! I got an A+ on my first day!”


Jupiter: “Maybe if I’m patient she’ll throw me some of that stuffed trout.”


And here arrives the headmaster, Vince Gothier, no relation to Mitch.

Vince: “I am excited to see the esteemed establishment of the Booker family.”

Lilly, muttering to herself: “Oh no… Do the Bookers have a reputation? What if I don’t get my babies into private school? I’m a failure!”

Lilly, chill and show the man around.


Lilly: “Um, this is the… study room… and living room…”

Vince: “A Bookshelf for Education! You must have had a Minister of Education in your family! How exciting!”

Lilly: “Um, sure…”


After showing him to a few other rooms and then treating him to a homemade dish of stuffed rainbow trout, Vince accepted Gaiman and Eliot into his private school.

Vince: “And is that your husband?”

Lilly: “Oh, yes, uh, don’t worry about him… He’s lost in the stars…”

Wilde: “STARS!”


Lilly: “Isn’t this exciting, Rie? Your big brother and sister got into private school. One day you will too…”


Eliot: “OH YEAH! A+ BABY!”

Lilly: “Oh, well done, my darling!”

Wilde: “Hi, Ellie!”


Another cake? Oh, what does this symbolise?


Lilly: “Hurk.”

Not pregnant again, I hope?

Lilly: “No… This… um… cake is gross.”

SIGH.


Yes,  of course it’s little Du Maurier’s birthday!

Fingers crossed for genetic variation in the face!


OH LOOK AT THAT SHE IS GENETICALLY DIVERSE HM.

Perhaps my inkling was right about one of the mods I was using… Anyway, Du Maurier is a Pisces (like me! And her mother I guess) and is neat, shy, very active, serious, and very nice.


Here’s little Du Maurier after a makeover.

Do I favour her at the minute? Yes, I kind of do… Sue me.

Du Maurier: “I… WANT… MY… MAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”


Oh never mind, she’s now content with the crayons.


And now she’s doodling. No more tantrums from this one.


Eliot: “Red light, red light!”

Gaiman: “There are no red lights in this game ahahahaha! Off to prison with you!”


Baldwin takes time out of his (not really) busy schedule to teach Du Maurier how to walk.


But it’s Lilly who makes sure she gets her well-deserved rest, sealing it with a kiss on her forehead.


Gaiman: “Ah, I’m glad I caught you.”

What’s up, Gaiman?

Gaiman: “Help me with this maths equation…”

Uh, maths isn’t my strong point…

Gaiman: “When you add one man and one telescope, what do you get?”

Uh…


Oh! An abduction!

Wilde: “What is that bright light?”


Wilde: “OH THE HOLY HEAVENS HAVE COME FOR ME AT LAST!”

Calm down, fool, it’s just aliens.

Wilde: “Ohhhh… WAIT!”


Wilde: “I DON’T WANT TO GOOOOOOOO!”

Yes, go and bring me alien babies!


And he returns home just before dawn breaks.


Wilde: “Oof!”

Careful, he’s precious cargo now!


Baldwin: “AHAHAHAHA YOU FINALLY GOT ABDUCTED, SON!”

Wilde: “This isn’t funny, Father!”


Oh what a horrific face. The kind of face… two fathers could love.

Wilde: “WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!?”

You’ll see soon.


Now the whole family had been brought out to the front garden, Eliot takes some time to play with Jupiter.


Whilst Lilly dances with Gaiman.


And only one child is left out because she cannot walk unsupervised.


Du Maurier: *whimper*


Lilly: “Not to fe- ECK!”

Du Maurier thanks her saviour by vomiting on her. Such a gracious one, this little tyke.


Serdar: “Goodnight, my blessed little grandbaby.”


Serdar: “And you, my strong little man.”


Eliot: “Uh, why is Grandpa staring at me like that?”

He’s watching you two leave for school.

Eliot: “Why?”

You’ll understand when you’re older.


Serdar: “Grandpa loves you, little dyetka.”


Serdar: “Hello, Dickens- No, I do not know why brother does not call? Ask Wilde yourself.”

Dickens: “Well, I haven’t seen him in so long and I miss him…

Serdar: “Can I speak now, please?”

Dickens: “Yes.”


Serdar: “I am dying. Not today, tomorrow. I am wanting to say goodbyes now before too late.”

Dickens: “… Dad… Why did you wait to say this over the phone? I’m coming over-

Serdar: “No need. No need. Love you dearly, my son.”

Dickens: *sniff* “Love you too, Dad.”


Cue the mood killers.

If anyone knows how to ruin the atmosphere, it’s a Booker.


Serdar: “Goodbye, dye- son.”

Wilde: “You can call me ‘dyetka’, Dad.”

Serdar: “My dyetka.”


Serdar: “Nice knowing you, Lilly.”

Lilly: “You too, sir.”

Maid: “Wow, it’s like a funeral in there.”


After saying all of his goodbyes, Serdar is left to spend the rest of the day loving Baldwin.





Serdar: “Every time with you is like best time.”


Serdar: “Why looking so sad, my love?”

Baldwin: “I don’t want to say goodbye to you. Not yet.”

Serdar: “Is time.”

Baldwin: “I could spend an eternity with you… It’d never be enough.”


Serdar: “In next life we will live forever.”

Baldwin: “I’m holding you to that, my darling.”


Lilly: “Um… Soup?”

Wilde: “I’m not feeling well. I’ve been throwing up all afternoon.”


Lilly: “O-oh dear… Want any medicine?”

Wilde: “No, no, I’ll be okay. This soup will always hit the spot.”


Well, Du Maurier decided to delight me with a show.


Du Maurier: “What is this?”


Du Maurier: “Ew, get off!”

And that’s the end of that performance.


Serdar and Baldwin have been in bed all afternoon.

Somehow, I feel like I’ve taken a lot of these kinds of photos, but this one feels the most… intimate.


Gaiman: “Zzz… Ugh… Ellie… stop.”

Why? What’s she doing?


Eliot: “Ehhehehehe!”

Oh, right.


Wilde: “Oh, my WORD!”

HUZZAH!


Lilly: “Are you pregnant?”

Wilde: “It seems that way.”

Lilly: “Well, you look cute like this, my love.”


Serdar spends the morning of his last day playing with Du Maurier.


And then teaches her how to speak as he was the only one with the want to do it.


Serdar: “This is last morning. So bright today.”

It’s nearly winter too…


Serdar: “Sleep well, dyetka.”


And then Serdar spends his last hours smustling in the nursery. He’s going out the way he’s lived – dancing.


Du Maurier: “Cold.”

Serdar: “This must be death coming.”


Grim: “Serdar Booker, your time has come to join your in-laws in the afterlife.”


Grim: “Heath has informed me that he is starting a smustle line with Austen Booker and Bronte Booker.”

Serdar: “I do enjoy the smustle.”


There he goes.


Serdar Booker. You were one of the quirkiest sims I have ever played and your love for Baldwin transcended any I’ve ever known. Your nose was one of my favourite things and I hope it lives on in the legacy. Thank you for your constant smustling and your additional Russian words.

Rest in peace.


And here he is, lying in wait for Baldwin to join him.


There’s no party tonight. Everyone seems to be in a bit of a downer now that Serdar passed away.

However, there are three children to grow up so let’s get started!





Gaiman rolls Pleasure with the LTW to have 10 1st dates (I have actually installed a mod that reduces LTW wants so this should be fun and easily achievable, I might actually make them all dream dates too… maybe Gaiman will become a serial dater?)

He likes formal wear and hardworking sims but hates the mechanical skill.


Eliot: “Ugh, Dad, get out of my shot!”

Wilde: “Your sister is growing up!”

Oops, that’s unfortunate…

Eliot is a Family sim (ugh another one) who wants to be the Minister of Education (Yikes.) She likes blond and custom hair and hates red hair.


Meanwhile, as Wilde was letting us know, Du Maurier is also growing up.


I don’t want to say it too early but it looks like Serdar’s/Wilde’s nose has come through… But we’ll see when she’s a teenager.


Gaiman: “Ha, you dork!”

Eliot: “Gaiman, you’re such a PRICK!”


Of course, Du Maurier is not exempt from studying. Time to max those skills, dear.


Oh! Another pop for Wilde!


Cheesecake?!

Wilde: “I want twin aliens.”

*sigh* Me too, Wilde. Me too.


So, I must have ignored the notifications but Jupiter has grown old.


As well as Peachy.


Baldwin: “Hey, son, I don’t want to upset you too much in your fragile state but I shall be joining your other father in a few days.”

Wilde: “I kind of saw this coming, but I want you to know I’ll miss you, Dad.”


Baldwin: “Son, you’ll never know how much I’ll miss you.”


Baldwin: “Hello, Dickens, how are the twins?”

Dickens: “They’re doing well, father. To what do I owe this spontaneous phone ca- Oh no, not you too.”


Baldwin: “I won’t sugarcoat the situation... I shan’t be around much longer. I want you to know how proud of you I am. You took not taking the heirship like a champ and I’ve never been prouder of anyone in my life than I have been of you.”

Dickens: *sniff* “Papa…

Baldwin: “I love you, son. Take care.”

Dickens: “I love you too, Father.”


And, as he always does, Baldwin resigns to playing fetch with Peachy in the garden.


Eliot: “Dang, I’m purdy. I think I can win this generation’s heirship race.”

Except… You’re not going to be in it, Eliot…


Eliot: “Uh what? Do you want to run that by me again? You’re taking me out of the race?! WHY!?”

I just… feel like you’re not original enough… You’re a clone of your mother and your aspiration’s been a part of the last three generations, plus your LTW has already been done.


Eliot: “So? Roll me a new one?”

It won’t change anything… Right now, Gaiman and Du Maurier are h-

Eliot: “Du Maurier.”

What?


Eliot: “Oh, nothing, dear Gray.  Absolutely. Nothing.”

*gulp*


Wilde: “I am in tremendous pain.”


Aww, Lilly, you’re such an angel to support Wilde through this when he hasn’t given you the same treatment.

Wilde: “HELLO!? GIVING BIRTH HERE?!”

You’re nothing special, Wilde, how do you think you came to be?


Wilde: “Am I special now?”

Slightly.

Yes, this one has black hair but I’m not going to grudge on it because PT Pictor, his other father, also has black hair, so this wasn’t going to win.

Anyway! Welcome little Ryman! He is named after Geoff Ryman, a Canadian science fiction writer. His best known works are The Unconquered Country, Air, and The Child Garden, all of which have multiple awards between them. He’s also gay and a lot of his works focus heavily on LGBT inclusion. He also apparently lectures creative writing at the University of Manchester, which I did not know until researching him, so I thought that was cool.

Fun fact, I don’t actually like science fiction but Geoff Ryman’s The Child Garden, was the only science fiction book I actually read all the way through and enjoyed (likely because the main character was a lesbian and I thought, hey, that’s relatable as a lesbian myself).

Also, it's just the one baby... *sigh* cheesecake why do you let me down?


And I think we’ll end this chapter here with a cute snapshot of Wilde bottle-feeding little Ryman.

The age gaps in this generation is giving me a headache. It’s much worse than generation two’s situation but hey, what’s a legacy without drama?

And I think we'll end this long chapter here! It only gets longer from here folks! Hopefully you're still enjoying the legacy thus far! Is anyone else excited to get to the heir poll and seeing the results? This could go so many ways!!

I really want to know what generation 10's going to look like, I'm so excited.

Until then, thank you for reading. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment