Thursday 13 February 2020

The Literal Booker Legacy - The Spares: Angelou, Morrison, Ellis, Hardy, Lawrence, Atwood, & Wynne


Helloooo! Welcome to the Booker Spares update!

We have a lot to cover so buckle up folks, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

Let's start off with Everivory's new residents, Angelou and Shannon, and Morrison and Lisa!


Angelou & Shannon Gonzaga


After arriving back from uni, Angelou and Shannon settle into their new home. As both of their LTWs revolve around jobs, they spend their time catching up as Shannon gains the skills she needs.



And then, one day, after getting a promotion, Shannon decides that there’s no better time in getting married than now.



In the comfort of their own home, they privately exchange vows.



And they become wedded.

Mrs and Mrs Gonzaga, ladies and gentlefolk!



However, wedded bliss seems to have dissipated almost immediately when Shannon invites Morrison over for a booty call.



Whilst Angelou’s working hard, getting towards her LTW, Shannon woohoos Morrison on the sofa…



And then on the bed.

And Angelou’s none the wiser.



Two wolves? That’s unusual.

Perhaps this is a sign that Angelou, or her children, should become werewolves?



This is one of my favourite things to do in the winter: build snowmen.



But I like it even more when couples do it together, it’s just sweet and romantic.



Angelou: “Wow, the stars are so bright out.”

Shannon: “At least help me get the head on this thing.”



There we go, Mr and Mr Frosty.

The other snowman was Angelou’s solo attempt after getting home from work earlier in the day.



After reaching her LTW, Angelou soon discovers that her celebratory woohoo with Shannon has led to something more.



Shannon’s pleased to know that a child is on the way.

And I start to panic because all of Maya Angelou’s prosaic works are autobiographical and I couldn’t think of a good name for the child…



Angelou: “Be free little fireflies!”



Soon a new baby arrives in the house (also, what the actual (censored) is going on. Why are all of my spares getting blond hair and my main family isn’t!?). I ended up naming him James after James Baldwin (who Baldwin is also named after) as James Baldwin was a big figure in Maya Angelou’s inspiration when writing and publishing her autobiographies.

It just seemed fitting, now James Baldwin has two tributes in my game.



Angelou is very relieved to have a child in their quiet home. She’s also had a baby pretty late in life, as she’s about 15 days from elderhood.



To make the family home bigger and closer, they adopt Charlie.



As well as little Charles!



I really wanted to adopt children with Atwood but I decided against it because Offred just seemed like “enough” for them. But because Angelou had James so late, I decided that letting her and Shannon adopt was the better solution.



Angelou is very pleased to have the little tyke in her family.

Angelou: “Look, he even has Uncle Lawrence’s hair!”

We will have to change that, of course…

Anyway, onto Morrison’s side!

Morrison & Lisa Rossi


Morrison is more than delighted to have Lisa living with her in their new home. It’s pretty spacious for plenty of kids.



They also decide to host their wedding during the night in the middle of summer. Angelou and Baldwin was in attendance, and thankfully there was no flirtation between Angelou and Lisa.



In the twinkling light of the stars above, Lisa and Morrison said their vows.



Lisa: “I promise to love you until my dying breath.”



Morrison: “And I promise you, for as long as I hold your last name, I shall forever be yours.”

*cough*







Angelou & Baldwin: “Brava!”



Lisa: “Obviously we should start on the babymaking right away, we don’t want to end up like your sister.”

Angelou: “And what about me?”

Morrison: “Oh, Angie! She doesn’t mean anything by it. She’s just a family sim so having babies is her most important thing – unlike you, your career came first.”



Angelou: “That’s right, but I would never use the fact that I put my career before my family as means to talk down to Lisa.”

Lisa: “Well, you married Shannon so…”

Angelou: “I’m SORRY?!”

Baldwin: “This cake is delicious!”



Morrison adopts Poppy!



Lisa becomes quite enamoured with the little dog and washes her often.



Lisa: “Ack! Poppy, no shaking!”



Surprise! Morrison’s pregnant!



Bigger surprise! She had twins!

This is Howard, he has red hair and blue eyes!



Morrison then hands Howard over to Lisa.



And brings Sethe into the world! She has black hair and Lisa’s grey eyes.

Both names are taken from Toni Morrison’s book, Beloved.



They get a nice little corner in the nursery.



Here’s Howard a few days later!



Howard: “Aw, pu-ppy!”

Poppy: “Well, he almost got my name right.”



Poppy: “But I shan’t let him hug me until he came pronounce my name correctly.”

I think he’s calling you “puppy” not “Poppy”.

Poppy: “Hmph, even more infuriating for I am not a puppy!”



Here’s Sethe!



She’s a cutie!



Howard and Sethe are the cutest pair of twins (sorry, not sorry Constance and Rupert, Bathsheba and Gabriel, Patrick and Clay – my God, my spares had a lot of twins…).



Oh! Lisa had another little boy named Halle!

She has the full house to get her LTW, but I might get her have a few more babies for the fun of it.

Ellis & Uma McMillan


Patrick and Clay are still as rambunctious as ever.



Patrick: “Oh, you shot me!”



Patrick: “I’m going down!”



Patrick: “Please don’t put me in prison!”



Patrick: “You’re good at this game, Clay. Maybe you should be a policeman.”

Clay: “Eh, maybe.”



After growing bored of their cops and robbers game, Patrick and Clay decide to blow bubbles.



Clay: “Huh, this smells particular…”



Clay: *gulp*

NO!



Clay: “EUGH! That’s so gross!”



Clay: *shudder* “I won’t do that again!”



And then he proceeds to blow bubbles, as if the incident never occurred.



Clay: “If we ever got a magic lamp, do you know what you would wish for?”

Patrick: “Um, I dunno. What are the choices?”


Clay: “Um… I guess… Money?”



Patrick: “Just money?”

Clay: “Um… I overheard Mommy say to Daddy that having a ‘piece of mine’ would be what she wants?”

Patrick: “What’s a piece of mine?”

Clay: “I dunno, but Mommy wants it.”



Ellis: “Has anyone ever told you how beautiful your eyes are?”

Uma: “Not today.”

Ellis: “Let me rectify that then.”



Uma: “You’re being very charming today, Ellis McMillan.”



Ellis: “What can I say, I have the most beautiful wife in the whole world.”

Uma: “Now, that kind of talk will get you everywhere, my dear.”



Uma: “Come on kids, it’s time for bed, you have school tomorrow.”



The next morning, Clay wakes up begrudgingly.

Clay: “Ugh, I hate mornings.”

Tell me about it.



Patrick seems to be a little more enthused.



Patrick: “I can see the whole of my bedroom from up here.”



Patrick: “Aww, Mommy! You’re home! I missed you!”



Uma: “I think I see Gabriel Green cutting his hedges in his underwear.”

Stop spying on the neighbours.



Uma: “Never!”



The boys seem a little more excited today as they will be becoming teenagers!



I don’t know who that kid is, or who brought him home but… He’s there.



They blow their candles in synchronised fashion.



And voila! Everivory Fields has two new teenagers!

The more I play these spares, the more I want to start my own BaCC…

*strokes chin*

Anyway, back to legacy talk – Patrick rolls Family and wants to be a Captain Hero, and he likes charismatic, creative sims but hates black hair.

Clay rolls Knowledge and wants to be a Game Designer (Another one, that’s three in the neighbourhood now (not including me!)). He likes swimwear and brown hair and hates fat sims. Hm.



Clay: “Oh yeah!”

*snort* Nice try, mr Knowledge.



Patrick: “Clay, are you done in the bathroom yet?”

Clay: “Get out, Rick!”



Ellis and Uma are feeling the empty nest syndrome starting to kick in, their young boys, who had been but toddlers not too long ago, are now thinking of college and falling in love.

Only one thing to do about this.



The two decide to try for another baby.

Hardy & Veronica Hutchins

In the Hutchins' household, Jude and Gabriel spend some quality time together.

Gabriel: “Ew, Jude, you’re standing in dog pee!”

Jude: “And that’s your fault, you little dweeb!”



*snort*

Oh, good gravy. Mixing a Chow Chow and a Dalmation was probably the worst thing I’ve ever done.

I was too busy wondering if I could to stop to think if I should.

Anyway, Dooley’s a big boy and I’m scared of him.


Both Veronica and Hardy have the day off whilst their kids are at school. Veronica uses it to play video games whilst Hardy paints a portrait for the house.



And when the kids come home, they do their homework and then study.



Jude then leaves for college, leaving just the twins at home now.



Hardy deals with the departure of his first born by playing with Dooley, the youngest of the household.



You can see Veronica beginning to heartfart over Hardy.



Even though he’s kind of an abomination, Dooley is pretty frickin’ cute.



Offred passes by the Hutchins’ household and Gabriel goes to greet her.



They get along better than their parents do.



Bathsheba: “Maybe I should get contacts or something?”

Why?

Bathsheba: “Cus I look prettier without glasses.”

I mean… That’s not necessarily true…



Bathsheba: “Forgetting you now, these flowers smell too good to ignore.”



Dooley sleeps peacefully on Gabriel’s bed. I do really love how the pets sleep on sims bed, it reminds me of how my dog likes to sleep on my bed when I’m playing this game.



Lucky plays with the water wriggler as the household sleeps.







Bathsheba: “I just don’t think it’s cool that it’s you getting the house after we graduate college. Like, what the hell? How is that fair?”

Gabriel: “You’ll be busy opening up so many businesses, you won’t be here to take care of Mom and Dad when they get too old. Plus, I’m a family sim.”

Bathsheba: “So?”



Gabriel: “So I’ll be having lots of kids.”

Bathsheba: “Ah, you have a good point…”



Bathsheba: “But I just have one more point to make.”



Bathsheba: “God, Gabriel!”

Gabriel, choking: “Je-sus, WHY!?”



Bathsheba: “This is the culprit, right here!”



Gabriel: “What do I do? She’s trying to ruin my reputation!”

Chill, it's just me here, Gabriel.



Gabriel: “Oh, yeah.”

Gabriel & Bathsheba: “Ahahahaha!”



Hardy: “Anyway, because I know you’ll be going to college soon and when you graduate you’ll be very busy to visit often, so… I made you a few paintings to hang in your first business.”



Bathsheba: “Daddy? For me?”



Bathsheba: “I’ll cherish them forever!”



Bathsheba: “Thank you, so much, Daddy.”






Gabriel: “Hmph, I don’t get paintings or anything…”

You’re getting the whole house.

Gabriel: “Oh… yeah…”



Lawrence stops by because today is a monumental day in the Hutchins’ household.



Hardy and Veronica are reaching elderhood.



Hardy hits first, losing his hair.



And Veronica goes next… Somehow that nose she had in adulthood shrunk and became pointier…

Makes sense, I guess…



Uh, Bathsheba, I think that lobster’s a little off…



Veronica: “I married this manchild.”

Really puts the term “young at heart” to use, huh?



I don’t know if you can tell but Veronica is a few inches from the sofa cushion because of Hardy’s jumping.

Veronica: “I might kill him before his timebar does.”

Well, Gabriel and Bathsheba will be going to college in the next update so, you’ll have to put up with him until Gabriel comes back…

Veronica: “Oh, my God…”

Lawrence & Tyler Enriquez


Tyler is still adamant in showing Lawrence just how much he loves him.



I also added a pool to the back garden because the small house led to a massive backyard.

Constance loves the slide.



And Rupert has an attempt on the diving board.

With low body skill.



Rupert: “Whoa, it’s pretty wobbly!”



Yowch. That looked painful.



Rupert: “If I could be any occult race, I’d be a warlock.”



Constance: “A warlock? Get real, Pertie. They only exist in books.”



The Enriquez’s now have a grandfather clock.

Rupert: “Why am I winding it?”

Eh. Because.



Rupert: “IT’S SO LOUD WHEN IT CHIMES!”

Ahahahaha, yeah. Yeah.



Constance: “Oh, great. Acne. Like my life could get any worse?”



After taking a shower, Constance gets the acne cream out and goes to town.



Constance: “Out! Out damn spot!”



Constance: “Whoa, I don’t think they were supposed to show this woman burning to death…”

WHAT.

Constance, turn that off!

Constance: “No way, it’s getting interesting. This might be on Unsolved Simsteries tonight.”



Lawrence, who has a day off, decides to have his go on the diving board.

Lawrence: “Watch this.”



Oh my goodness!



Flawless!



Lawrence: “How’d I do?”

10/10!



Constance: “This is your captain speaking. Prepare for submersion. Blub blub blub.”



Allegra has grown old. Her beautiful black eye patches are streaked with grey. It’s a sad time for the family…



Even sadder, Lawrence and Tyler join Hardy and Veronica into elderhood. The second generation is finally reaching its final farewell.







Fashion Bug! Fashion Bug!



Constance leaves for college that night.



Lawrence: “Bye my baby girl!”



Rupert joins his twin.



Lawrence: “The house hasn’t been this quiet in years.”

Tyler: “I know…”



Tyler: “It’s so peaceful… and nice.”

Atwood & Ericka Shin


Offred: “Oh hey, it’s you. Tell me, is it 1am yet?”

Uh… Close?

Also, hello?



Offred: “Bye!”

Who are you sneaking out with? A boyfriend? Girlfriend?



Your cousin… Gabriel.

Offred, I don’t think your mother would like that.



Offred: “Oh, crap! Mom’s not asleep!”



Atwood: “Offred, what the hell are you thinking? Going out in the dead of night? Who were you with? Tell me.”



Offred: “A friend.”

Atwood: “A friend!? Do I know this friend? It better not be one of Uncle Hardy’s brats… Offred, tell me it wasn’t one of them.”

Offred: “Do you want me to lie?”

Atwood: *sigh* “Just, go to bed, Offred.”

In case you’ve forgotten, Atwood and Hardy became enemies during their college years.



Offred: “I just don’t understand. They’re my cousins. Why can’t I be friends with them?”

It’s… Look, you’ll get your chance when you leave for college.



Atwood: “Ericka, can you do me a favour?”

Ericka: “Sure, honey. Did I hear you and Offred outside earlier?”

Atwood: “Actually, it’s about that.”



Ericka: “Oh boy, what’s she done now?”

Atwood: “I don’t understand her. She’s been sneaking out with Hardy’s kids even though she knows she shouldn’t be.”



Ericka: “Hm… You mean to say she’s rebelling against your rules.”

Atwood: “Exactly!”



Ericka: “Surely the easier way around this is to let her be friends with her cousins?”

Atwood: “Never will I allow my daughter to hang out with that bastard’s hooligans.”

Ericka: *sigh* “Okay, I’ll talk to her.”

I guess you know you can’t change her mind, right?

Ericka: “I can’t get either of them to change their minds.”



After school, Offred completes her homework and then relaxes in front of the TV.

Sensing an opportunity, Ericka approaches her.

Ericka: “Why don’t I hear you playing the violin anymore?”



Offred: “Mom, what is this about? Is this about last night?”



Ericka, internally: “Ugh, she’s a smart kid.”



Ericka: “Sweetie, I understand that you want to know your family. I really do, but your mother feels really strongly about Uncle Hardy’s family. What about Constance and Rupert?”

Offred: “Mom, you know they left for college the other night.”



Ericka: “And you’ll be joining them soon, won’t you? You’ll grow closer to them then and you’ll forget all about Gabriel and Bathsheba and Jude.”

Offred: “The fact that you know their names says so much.”



Offred: “Mom, I want friends my own age and Gabriel is cool. I’m going to hang out with him, whether you and Mom let me or not.”



Offred: “I’m gonna go paint for an hour or two.”



Atwood: “How’d it go?”

Ericka: “I tried, babe, I tried.”



Later that night…

Offred: “Ah, poop.”

Atwood: “OFFRED SHIN!”



Atwood: “I cannot believe you were about to sneak out again! Did anything your mother and I said to you stick? I will not let you leave this house with that BOY!”



Offred: “Whatever. I can’t wait to get out of this house.”

Atwood: “I gave this girl everything she could ever want… And she still wants so much more.”

Welcome to teenhood. Remember what you were like?

Atwood: “I’m different. I was the outcast.”



Bling Bling and Cherry have made home on Atwood and Ericka’s bed.



Since getting told off by Atwood, Ericka has stuck to just studying in silence.



Often times she would dance in the lounge.

… The dogs are fighting?

Offred: “Oh yeah, this always happens.”

………. Excuse me.



Offred: “Freedom, I can see you!”

Offred leaves for college tonight.



Tonight is also the night Atwood and Ericka age up.







They’re both still very lovely to look at.

Unfortunately, they need to hit the wardrobe and mirror.



Atwood: “Bye, Offred, I’ll miss you.”

Offred? Don’t you have anything to say back? You know you’ll miss her too when she goes.

Offred: “I’ll miss her then, I guess.”



Offred: “I guess I’ll be returning after college, right?”

Well, you’re their only child so yes.

Offred: “Damn.”

Charmain & Blair Jordan


After graduating from college, Charmain and Blair settle into their new home, contracted by Ricky.

They had the old home bulldozed, as it held too many bad memories there, and instead had a 3 storey house built in instead.



And here it is, we’ll need a big house considering Charmain was at the minimum of six kids.



Bathsheba pops by with Mickey.



Wedding day rolls around and Charmain invites her father, Ricky, and her half-brother, Howl, who is still at college.



On a beautiful summer’s day, the marriage between Charmain Oxley and Blair Jordan takes place.



Where’s Ricky, I hear you ask?



Well, he’s right here, reading an invisible newspaper on the toilet.

Very classy, Ricky.



Charmain and Blair say their vows.






And Charmain takes Blair’s last name, becoming Charmain Jordan.



Ricky: “Ah yes, picture perfect.”



Fast forward a few days and Charmain is now expecting!



But before we go, let’s introduce you to the newest member of the Jordan house: Honey!

Honey, as you may know, is one of Cherry and BerryBoo’s puppies that Atwood gave up for adoption.



And here she is, all grown up. I think she’s inherited the speckles from BerryBoo but because she has Cherry’s caramel coat, it’s hard to tell.

Oh well, she’s beautiful and that’s all that matters.

The Oxleys at College


Sophie is still trying to woohoo her way through college.



So far she’s woohooed with a few college sims. She takes after her cousin, Atwood, by sleeping with a cheerleader.



Sophie: “Don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten that I’m at college for a reason.”

Good.



Oh yeah, Howl and Megan are still here but you’ll soon see that Sophie becomes the focus on this update.



Getting bored of waiting for sims to walk past the house, Sophie ventures out to Red Hot’s Diner.

Where she immediately hits it off with Geoff Rutherford, but I forgot to take photos so...


Oh, hey, Veronica!

Veronica: “Is that my husband’s cousin getting jiggy in the photobooth?”

You know it!



Ugh.

Marcel gets through another Booker female.



Veronica: “God, I’m so glad my daughter’s not a romance sim.”

Thank the lord she’s money driven.

Veronica: “I’d be worried she’d sleep with Marcel. God knows he started enough trouble in college.”



Waiter: “So you’re the lady causing all the ruckus?”

Sophie: “Could I just get the chef’s choice.”

Waiter: “You really aren’t choosey, huh?”



Sophie: “Stop talking.”



Chef’s choice is lime seared prawns.



A GOOD WITCH!

PHEOBE’S HERE! SOPHIE, QUICKLY!



Sophie: “Ahem, I’m busy now.”

Marcel: “She seems familiar. Is she related to Bronte?”

Only by blood.



Of course, Mrs Crumplebottom is not impressed.



Mrs Crumplebottom: “Romance sims like you are a disgrace! Your mother should have raised you better!”

Sophie: “Hey, my Mom is the best Mom in the world. Back off, you old hag!”



Sophie and Phoebe meet and my plan begins to hatch.



Sophie invites Phoebe back to her house.



Where they woohoo and fall in love.



I then get Phoebe to turn Sophie into a witch.

I’m living my Howl’s Moving Castle fantasy.



Sophie: “I got the magic in me!”



Sophie: “I made it heaven!”



She’s so cute in her witch outfit.



Sophie: “Huh, I need an eye of newt to cast this spell…”



Howl: “Okay… This is a strange study book? I thought Sophie was doing philosophy like me…”



Howl: “You won’t tell if I sneak a look, right?”

No, ‘course not.



Howl: “YOW!”



Sophie has begun to sparkle.



And then Howl and Megan graduate.



They’ll be moving in with Wynne and Ricky and we’ll be catching up with them in a short while!

Wynne & Ricky Oxley


After graduating, Howl and Megan move in with Wynne and Ricky as their lives are soon coming to a close.



Megan is very giddy about starting her new life in such a wonderful home with a vibrant history.



Ricky is still very much in love with the cats.



As night falls over the first day of Howl’s return home, Wynne sleeps with a smile on her face, glad to have her little boy back home with her.



Megan and Howl sleep peacefully in their bed in the newly done-up attic, excited for the quickly approaching wedding day.



Ricky: “I can only hope they give us grandchildren before we pass on.”



Wynne: “We’re lucky that Megan is a Family sim then, otherwise we’d never have grandchildren. Don’t forget how my mothers’ badgered me about grandchildren, let’s not do it to Howl and Megan.”



Charmain and Blair dropped by later in the week.



Ricky is very excited to be a grandfather soon! He couldn’t stop rubbing Charmain’s belly.



But of course, his wife also gets the affection she needs and deserves.



Wedding day! A heavily pregnant Charmain arrives on foot whilst Sophie emerges on broom.



Sophie: “I heard someone was getting married so I had to stop by!”

Howl: “You were invited.”

Sophie: “I mean, I guess I was but don’t pretend it’s not an honour for me to be here!”

Howl: “Just give me a hug, you dork.”



God. Why do these sims have the most inappropriate formal wear?



Howl and Megan exchange their vows and become Howl and Megan Oxley.



Howl then spins his new wife under the arch.



Wynne: “You became a witch!? Have you gone mad!?”

Sophie: “Chillax mother, it’s for the greater good, I promise you.”

Wynne: “You’re driving me to an early death, you wretched child!”



Megan: “Just because you’re a witch doesn’t mean you can cheat at chess too!”

Sophie: “Oops, hehe!”



Once the party ends, Sophie is out of there, flying away on her broom.



And Megan and Howl are left to their own devices which leads to…



Baby Morgan!



He’s inherited Howl’s nose but I’m unsure about the rest of his genetics.



Now a mother to a grabby, exploratory son, Megan decides to adopt a hairstyle that is more out of the way.



Ricky seemed to have gotten his wish.

He met his first grandson and then passed away.











Goodbye Ricky, the first spare to pass away.



Oh dear, Megan and the cats are devasted.



Not as distraught as Wynne though.

Wynne: “Noooo! He was the love of my life.”

I’m sorry Wynne, I know how hard you had it until you met him. I’m truly sorry.



Wynne: “Ricky!”



Howl, having lost his father, took some time out of his evening to observe his young son, now suddenly aware of the brevity of life.



We interrupte this broadcast to show sim!me getting swindled.

I finally got a haircut LMFAO!



Wynne spends more of her time looking after little Morgan.

Morgan is also Howl and Sophie’s son in Castle in the Air and House of Many Ways, I couldn’t resist naming Howl’s son after him.



Wynne: “Death cannot come fast enough.”

Oh come on, I know you miss Ricky, but what about your grandson Morgan? I think he wants to spend some time with his grandmother.



And so they play catch in the front yard.



However, later that night, death came knocking on Wynne’s door.



She almost jumped at the chance to be with Ricky, her mothers, sister, and sister-in-law again.



Howl is devastated by the loss of his parents, especially since they happened to close to one another.



And there’s Wynne’s urn, the last of the first generation, gone.



Howl, come on!

Howl: “I thought it was a cat!”



Speaking of cats, October also passes away…

And that’s the end of this spares update.

As they seem to be getting longer with more families being added I have decided to only update on the households with active spares in which means Charmain's family, Howl's family, and Sophie's updates will be reduced to footnotes at the end of the next update. This will be how it goes from now on. Hopefully when Hardy, Lawrence, and Atwood go the updates should shorten a little bit...

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment