Thursday 3 December 2020

The Literal Booker Legacy – Epilogue: Part 1, And So It Ends

Hello and welcome to the penultimate chapter of the Literal Booker Legacy!

This is it folks, we have reached the final milestone. Little Kim Booker will be producing the tenth and final generation of this legacy. I wonder if you all have an idea of what name I’ll be using for the final Booker sim? Hehehe…

Let’s read on and find out!

Of course. Kim and Abhijeet have trouble keeping their hands to themselves.

Phil is none the wiser that his youngest has returned home and has instead opted to play with Autumn in the bathroom…

And Dante’s doing what he does best – sleep.

Also, spy Abhijeet and Kim making out through the window!

Kim: “Hey, Papa. I’m finally home.”

Phil: “What a strapping young man you’ve become, Abhijeet! I’m sure you’ll produce some beautiful children.”

Abhijeet: “Uh… thanks?”

Dante and Autumn share the same brain – they’d rather sleep than greet the returning Bookers.


I was going to make a christening the bed joke but they already christened it… back in Generation 9’s fifth chapter.

Phil, you don’t have to do this! C’mon man! The gardener is basically a waste of money now.

Phil: “Dan, lemme pick your brain.”

Dante: “Okay, shoot.”

Phil: “How about we send Kim and Abhijeet off on holiday? Just a nice trip far east before they settle and end the legacy?”

Dante: “That sounds perfectly fine, Phil! I’ll let Kim know the good news.”


The final Booker portrait!

Oh my God. It’s complete!

Kim: “Hmph. Mine is missing.”

Well… Maybe if I’m kind, you and Abhijeet will get a couple’s portrait too.

Dante, please stop being inappropriate.

Dante: “We’re just talking, Gray.”

You’re in your underwear, Dante!

You’re just ridiculously inappropriate. Please don’t cheat on Phil. I will kill you prematurely if you do.

*cue the Jaws theme*

Dante: “Kim, your father and I were talking and we think you and Abhijeet should enjoy your youth for a little longer before you finish this legacy for good. We’re sending you on a short trip to Takemizu Village.”

Kim: “I’ll ignore the fact that’s the only vacation destination that Gray hasn’t visited in this legacy and just say – thank you, Dad.”


Off they go!

Concierge: “Good morning, Mx Booker. We’ve been expecting your arrival.”

Kim: “Oh?”

Concierge: “Your fathers have arranged everything. Just pop your signature here.”

Kim: “That doesn’t explain how you recognised me on sight.”

Concierge: “We have been keeping up with the updates on your family. Everyone here was very happy when you won heirship.”

Kim: “Right…”

Abhijeet: “We get our own room.”

Kim: “You’re so silly. We have our own room back at the house.”



Kim: “Actually, I think this might be better than having our own room at the house.”

Abhijeet: “See.”

On their first night I sent Kim and Abhijeet to the hot springs and spa.


Kim: “I could get used to this life of luxury.”

The perks of being born towards the end of a long-running legacy, ey?

I just liked this photo of Kim, they look so serene and peaceful.

I then sent them for a massage because what else can you do at a spa?




The way this felt like I was watching some ASMR video… Oof, I’m sleepy now…

Abhijeet: “I know you’ve been wanting to watch this movie for a while but…”

Kim: “Don’t you ever stop?”

Abhijeet: “I’m a romance sim.”

Kim: “Good point.”



I think they’re very happy with having the room to themselves.

I decided to let Abhijeet buy some souvenirs to put up in the main house.

Kim: “Cheese!”


Kim: “I wish for the legacy to end well and for Gray to have luck in her other challenges.”

Kim, you’re very sweet.



Kim: “IT’S RAINING MONEY!”

Kim: “IT HURTS!”

I don’t think they were expect this. They don’t really need it either seeing as they’re a simillionaire.



Okay, I kind of forgot you could play mah-jong in Takemizu Village so I spent about an hour just watching Abhijeet and Kim play mah-jong against some locals. The blond mullet guy won every time. I think he cheated.



The next day, the two venture out to try some local tea.

And then Kim became obsessed with grooming the zen garden.

Abhjieet: “Uh, babe, it’s raining. Let’s go back to the hotel and make use of that warm bed.”

And then the next day, I took them to see the pagoda!

Kim: “A nose ring?”

I think you look charming.

Kim: “I like it!”



Of course, when there’s a changing room, there’s gonna be public woohoo.

Kim: “I feel so tranquil and calm.”

Kim! KIM!?

Kim: “I’m so at peace right now.”

Kim: “Hello, I’d like to check out please.”


Concierge: “Good luck in ending this legacy, Mx Booker. I’m sure you’ll make your Grandma Yvonne proud.”

OF COURSE THE DAY THEY LEAVE IS THE DAY ONE OF THE LOCALS SHOWS THEM THE GREETING.

Ugh great, now Kim’s gonna be going around giving the wrong greeting to everyone…


And back to reality and their mansion they go.

Geez, they live such a hard life…

Kim: “Hey, Dad, I’m home.”

Dante: “Come and tell me all about your trip.”

Dante: “So, other than staying in your hotel room all night, what else did you do?”

Kim: “Dad…”

Dante: “You’re a romance sim, I’m not stupid.”

Kim: “We just did all the touristy stuff – went to the hot springs, got a massage, saw the sights. I nearly learnt how to bow properly.”

Dante: “Wait, what?”

Kim: “In context, you’d understand.”

Dante: “Ooh, that sounds good. I want to go on vacation.”

Not happening in this life, Dan.

I keep staring at these two because I think Kim has Phil’s cheek bones as well as his eyes so there is definitely something different about the way Kim and Dante look.

Is it controversial to say I think Kim looks better than Dante?

I just want to take a moment to appreciate the portraits and all of my hard work.

*pats self on back*

Abhijeet’s a really nice sim. He autonomously tries to bond with Autumn.

Or maybe she’s just too cute to resist. Look at her run!

Dante: “I’m sure you hear this often but you are a very good looking man, Abhijeet.”

Abhijeet: “Thank you, Mr Booker.”

Phil: “Should I be worried about Abhijeet?”

Probably.

Abhijeet: “In Takemizu, they greet you like this.”

Phil: “That doesn’t look right at all, son.”

What are you saying about Tes? She’s an angel!

Blair: “I DON’T LIKE ROMANCE SIMS!”

Abhijeet: “AAAAAH!”


Again!?

Abhijeet: “This time it was a little white dog!”

Autumn: “I feel a disturbance.”

I love how dogs watch the ghosts.

Blair: “Hehehehe my job is done.”

I put Abhijeet in the Architecture career because I was worried he’d spend all of this time off flirting with Dante and I really don’t want Dante to cheat on Phil again.

And here is the career reward. It’s really cool, I’m sad I didn’t get longer to play with it…


Dante needs help.

Kim: “Now, how do I change the angle…”

Kim: “Oh, I got it!”

How’s the blueprint planning coming along?

Kim: “Can’t talk. About to barf!”

IT’S HAPPENING.

Kim: “Fantastic news, babe. I’m pregnant!”

Kim: “You look… concerned.”

Abhijeet: “I’m not, I promise.”

Abhijeet: “Actually, I’m really excited to meet the little nooboo.”

And immediately after, Kim pops!

Dante: “Let me tell you, it’s all downhill from here. You get tired and you stop woohooing for a long time…”

Kim: “Dad!”

I guess the pregnancy cravings are getting to Kim.

Dante, please, this isn’t The Sims 4.

Kim: “Papa! I’m pregnant!”

Phil: “I’m finally going to be a grandfather! I’m so happy!”

Phil’s so cute. He’s a knowledge sim but he keeps rolling wants related to his children. He really wants Kim to get engaged but…..

At least he’ll have a grandchild to look after when Kim gives birth.

Phil: “I’m very proud of you, Kim.”

Kim and Abhijeet have become very domestic now that Kim’s expecting.

It’s very sweet, actually.

So, I kind of liked the idea that Kim became obsessed with mah-jong after visiting Takemizu Village and bought a table for the house (kind of like how I became obsessed with cross stitch over the first UK lockdown).

Dante: “This seems very complicated.”

It’s a learning curve.

Kim: “You missed my second pop.”

Yeah…

Kim: “I just hope you don’t miss the birth. Hm.”

Kim: “Oh, it’s snowing. Will my baby be a winter baby?”

It’s likely. It’s literally just become winter.

Even though they’re heavily pregnant, Kim is still very limber and enjoys dancing on their own.

Kim: “HELLO! Big moment here!”

I am shivering with antici…

PATION!

Kim: “THIS HURTS SO *bleep*ING MUCH!”

Thank God you only have to do it the once, ey?

Kim’s garnered an audience.

Abhijeet: “HOLY SMOKES A BABY!”

It’s a boy.

With black hair.

Wait… I predicted this, I’m sure.


Folks, allow me to introduce you to the final Booker baby.

Can you guess what I’ve named HIM!?

It’s Shakespeare!

Of course, I couldn’t end this legacy without naming a sim after the most famous literary figure in the whole world.

William Shakespeare is an Elizabethan playwright and poet who wrote at least 38 plays and 150 poems in his lifetime. His most famous pieces of work are Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Othello, and Macbeth. But, my favourite play by him is As You Like It. I highly recommend you give it a read or check out a performance online, it’s worth watching.

However, Shakespeare is as controversial as he is prolific. There are many theories around Shakespeare and his works, which range from him not existing, to him being composed of multiple other well-known Elizabethan playwrights, to him outright stealing others’ works and making them his own.

Regardless of how you view Shakespeare, there’s no denying that his life’s work has influenced the English language to this day and we owe Shakespeare many thanks to a lot of the words we use in modern English.

Dante: “It’s over!”

Phil: “We did it!”

What do you mean ‘we’. I did all the hard work!

Dante: “YES! I love my grandson!”


Kim: “You don’t know this yet but you’re the most important sim to be born in this game. I love you.”



And so we end this part of the epilogue here.

I actually can’t believe that I finished a legacy.

It took 3 years to complete but I did it. I think I’m gonna have a chilled glass of wine now, hahaha!

See you in part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment