Saturday 5 December 2020

The Name Game: Judy-Bo-Budy | Chapter 1: How To Be A Heartbreaker

Hello folks! It’s me, Gray, and I’m back again with another legacy – this time we’re delving into the world of The Sims 4. Why? Because I’ve actually been invested in the game quite recently so I figured it was time to just throw caution to the wind and create a challenge to play in the game.

I took the name of the challenge, and the founder, from Jessica Lange’s version of The Name Game from AHS. If you end up singing it, or humming it, all day, it’s not my fault. I take no responsibility!

And here is our lovely founder, Judy Anderson!

Judy: “Wow. Snow. Does this mean a miracle is about to happen?”

No, it just means that I was a moron for starting in spring rather than summer.

Judy: “Lemme just tweet about this. Omg, guys, I’m trapped in a challenge with the world’s most incompetent creator. #imasimgetmeoutofhere.”

Rude.

But I guess I should build you a shelter away from the snow before you freeze.

Sorry it’s nothing cute but hey, I’m still trying to find my building feet.

Judy: “Sorry, Gray, did you say something?”

… No.

Here are Judy’s aspiration and traits!

Watch me fail at completing Judy’s aspiration tragically. The only aspiration I’ve managed to complete in my playthroughs of this game is the writing one and shockingly, that belongs to my simself…

Judy: “Wow, these cook books are really complicated.”

Judy: “Hm, I wonder if I can replace the salt with baking soda…”

God, I have a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach – Also, spy Judy’s selfie on the wall. This is how I’m going to do founder and heir portraits because I’m lazy.

*wolf-whistle* Hey, Judy! Get out here, I just found your future wife.

Bella: “Oh geez, what’s that noise?”

Your future.

Judy: “Hiiiii! My name is Judy!”

Bella looks so bemused and amused and slightly pitiful.

Bella: “I used to be full of youthful exuberance once. And then I married Mortimer.”

Judy: “Wait, I know you! You’re Bella Goth. You’re, like, so famous!”

Bella: “Whatever you heard about me and aliens, I assure you they’re not true.”

Judy: “No, I meant, you’re famous for being one of the most beautiful sims ever.”

Bella: “Oh, well, that. That is very true. Thank you, darling.”

And then she scarpers. We’ll get you, Bella, don’t you worry.

Because Judy’s aspiration is related to cuisine, I decided Judy should get a job in the culinary track.

JUDY MOVE! YOU’RE ON FIRE!

Judy: “Heh heh, what a turn of events!”

I can’t believe she just stood there the whole time. What in the WORLD. I miss Yvonne Booker, she was never this happy-go-lucky.

That’s an interesting sentiment. I really love this addition to the game, it makes it far more interesting to play.

Judy: “I don’t think my boss appreciated the fact that I was charred…”

You also smell awful, you need a shower.

Why so tense?

Judy: “I was on fire, Gray. On fire!”

You didn’t seem nonplussed when it happened!

Judy: “Today’s been awful, please come round and cheer me up.”

Judy: “She smells so good.”

Judy, don’t be creepin’.

Judy: “When I said you were the most beautiful sim, I wasn’t just saying that, y’know…”

Bella: “Oh, no, darling, what are you doing?”

Bella: “You’re very cute but that’s not really my style.”

Bella: “Why does she look more determined now than she did before?!”

She’s a cheerful sim, nothing’s gonna bring her down for long.

Welcome to the family, Bella! (I totally didn't miss Judy inviting her to move in. Nope. I'm a good simmer... I swear.)

Bella: “Oh please tell me this isn’t another challenge where I live a life of poverty?”

Afraid so.

Bella is much more ready to flirt than she is being flirted with.

Judy looks so happy to have Bella flirt with her.


Bella: “Your hands are soft and kissable, my darling.”

Judy: “Whoa, is this how you flirt in Willow Creek?”

Bella: “I’ll give this to you – you’re much cuter than my husband.”

Judy: “A rose? For me?”

She looks so… manic. Judy, what is wrong with your face, girl?

Judy: “Smells delightful!”

Bella: “Please turn away. I’m about to be very vulnerable with this young lady.”

Sure thing.

Oops. *takes screenshot anyway*

Judy: “You kiss as well as you flirt!”

And then they waste no time getting comfortable in their new shared bed.

Bella!

Bella: “What?”

You’re doing the dishes autonomously? Thank you!

Bella: “I don’t know what it is but being away from that wretched husband makes my skin glow.”

Anyone else a little squicked by how much older Mortimer is than Bella? We effectively saved her, okay?

With the extra money, we extend the house!

And here are Bella’s aspirations and traits. Watch me fail at this one too.

Bella: “I feel so inspired to put the love I have for Judy to canvas.”

Ooh, let me see!

Bella: “Isn’t it perfect?”

It’s definitely… something…

Bella needs logic skill to get her next promotion so I send her to the chess table.

Please be careful when you cook those eggs and bacon – we don’t want another fire, Judy!

Judy: “Wake up, honey, I’m home from work!”

Bella: “I hope there’s something important you need to say to disturb me from my nap.”

Judy: “Just one question – will you be my girlfriend?”

Bella: “Of course, darling!”

Judy: “Let’s take a selfie to remember this moment forever!”


Bella: “I feel far more excited over this than I did when I married Mortimer- Oh… Mortimer.”

Yeah, you need to divorce him, girl.

Now their relationship is official, I feel less guilty about clicking try for baby.

Bella: “Come on, darling, I promise the water is just right.”

Judy: “Whoa!”


Huzzah!

She looks so placated by the fact that she’s expecting.

Judy: “What are you doing?”

Bella: “I’m livetweeting this episode of RuSim’s Drag Race.”’

God, I don’t know what I hate more – the burglars in TS2 or Vlad.

Ugh, I hate watching this happen. It’s so disturbing. EA, why?


Judy: “Huh? Wha-?”

Judy: “Oh crap!”

Judy: “Feels… good…”

Bella: “Ew, I didn’t know Judy was into that kinda thing…”

Bella: “Oh, please, stop, you’re going to kill my girlfriend!”

And there she goes. Down for the count. Look at those bite marks, yikes.

I’m surprised you still have an appetite after witnessing that.

Bella: “Well, I am pregnant after all.”

Judy: “Gray?”

Yes, Jude?

Judy: “The bite marks… they aren’t… noticeable are they?”

Um… Do you wear your hair up at work?

Judy: “Oh, frammit.”

Bella: “Hello, Mortimer, darling? Yes, I am still alive. No, I didn’t get abducted, I left on my own free will. Can we meet? We need a chat.”


Bella: “Darling, what are you wearing?”

Mortimer: “Without you, I hopeless at dressing myself. Are you coming home?”

Um.

Bella: “Mortimer, darling, I love you, dearly. But, I was a young and very naïve kid when we married. I thought what I felt for you was eternal but…”

Bella: “I’ve found someone else who fills me with far more love, adoration, and glee.”

Mortimer: “What about the kids, Bella!?”

Bella: “They’ll be okay. I still love them and they can always come by and see me.”

They won’t be growing up, I have aging in the neighbourhood turned off…

Bella: “Please don’t make a scene.”

Mortimer: “UGH!”

She looks so smug and proud of herself. My god. Ruthless.

And then she walks away as her ex-husband just stands in the rain.

Bella: “Oh, I feel so terrible for doing that.”

It had to be done, Bella, and you know it.

Bella: “I know… Let me… just be…”



Judy: “Why do glum, Bel?”

Bella: “I broke it off with Mortimer today. I still feel horrible.”

Judy: “Aw, my love. I’m sorry you feel that way. Is there anything I can do to help?”

Bella: “Not right now. I just need to mourn my lost marriage and allow this little one to grow healthy and strong.”

Judy: “That’s right. You have a fresh start coming up soon.”

I didn’t notice that sims actually emote in their sleep depending on the mood they have when they go to bed. Bella just keeps whimpering in her sleep.

Bella: “Oh, macaroni and cheese is always a good comfort food…”


Bella: “I still feel empty.”

Bella: “I don’t suppose you want to feel your baby kick?”

Judy: “Do I!?”

Judy: “This is so exciting!”


Judy: “Wow, this is amazing! I can’t wait to do this three more times.”

Bella: “Th-three?! … GRAY!?”

*whistle*

Wow, would ya look at that, I gotta get goin’!

I’m going to leave this chapter with this scenic view in Newcrest.

Please let me know what you think. I'm still quite the newbie when it comes to TS4 so any tips would be really appreciated.

Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for a new baby, it will be interesting to see Bella's genes with someone other than Mortimer. I always feel so bad splinting up couples. Judy is quite the hoot, and I'm sure she is going to be a super fun founder for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess! I always felt like she has such pretty genes that they need to be used in legacies more often. I felt bad too but it was for the greater good of the name game!!
      Oh man, she's hilarious to watch I'm not kidding. She's always pulling goofy faces. I love cheerful sims, they're always grinning lmfao.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete