Thursday 17 October 2019

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 3, Chapter 3: The Good and the Bad


Welcome back to the Literal Booker Legacy, shall we have a little recap?


Bronte became heiress of the Booker family and gave birth to a baby boy named Ellis after having a whirlwind romance with a handsome young man on Twikki Island. Unfortunately, Austen was the first of the 1st Generation to pass on, leaving behind a wife and four grown children.


And so we start this chapter off with a good note! Ellis is on the honour roll!


Ellis: “Grandma! Grandma! I got an A+!”

Cherry: “Let me play you a song of celebration!”


Bronte returned home moments later with a promotion and Ellis ran out to greet his mother hello.


Austen makes her first appearance as a ghost.


Austen: “So, this is my grandson…”


Bronte: “Oh hell! This hurts so much more than the first time!”


Bronte: *howls*


Her hard work was not unrewarded however and she gave birth to a baby girl! Hooray for diversity!


Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to Shelley Booker, named after one of the most famous science fiction writers, and the woman who started the whole genre off, Mary Shelley.

Mary Shelley is most well known for her novel, Frankenstein, but has also produced other works such as Valperga, Perkin Warbeck, and The Last Man, amongst others.

Shelley unfortunately has black hair and brown eyes, just like Ellis and Bronte and her grandmothers… There is no escape from the black hair and now I wonder if we’ll end this legacy with black hair.


Cherry, you have a granddaughter!

Cherry: “Zzz…”


Ellis doesn’t care too much about his new sibling but I’ll let him off. Plenty of good sleep is one of the most important things a young child can have.


After waking up, probably disturbed by Shelley’s new cries, Cherry comes in and tucks Ellis into his bed.


Ellis: “My mommy is a rockstar!”


Bronte: “I told you my baby would love rock and roll!”


Cherry… What are you doing?


Cherry: “Otis, do you want some pancakes?”

Cherry, don’t feed the dog from your plate!


Obviously Cherry’s soft spot is for Otis.


Austen: “How did you manage to gain another 6 days on your life span!”

Cherry: “I don’t know!!”


Cherry: “How dare she spook me like that!”


Cherry: “Hello little one, I get the feeling you’re going to do something revolutionary.”


Bronte really likes her career reward and considering all the catfish Cherry keeps cooking up, she needs to train her body over and over again.


Bronte: “Yes! I am the queen of SSX!”

Ellis: “Mom, the game hasn’t even loaded yet…”


Bronte: “Not already, surely?”

Afraid so.

Bronte: “Can’t she stay a baby forever?”

No one stays a baby forever, not even you.


Here goes little Shell-

Wait… what’s that sound?


CHERRY, NO!


Grim: “Cherry Booker, you are wanted by three very lovely ladies who have invited you to mimosas by the pool.”


Grim: “Here, on the house.”

Cherry: “Well, how kind.”





Cherry Booker. You were Austen’s first and only love in the world and you gave some amazing genetics to your children. Bronte and Atwood are definitely two of the most beautiful sims I’ve ever seen in my game and that was all down to you.

You and Austen were a power team like any other and even though you annoyed me when you decided a fourth child was necessary to add to your brood, I wouldn’t have played you any other way.

Rest in peace with your wife.


Bronte: “MOMMY!”

Ellis: “Grandma!”


Of course, Hardy and Lawrence ignore the fact that their remaining parent has just passed on to celebrate Shelley’s failed attempt at growing up.

Shall we try that again?


Oh yes! She has a diverse face.

That’s it, no poll needed. She’s heiress.

Shelley is a Libra with a personality of neat, outgoing, lazy, playful and nice.


And here, of course, lies Cherry next to Austen and she shall be moved when generation four arrives.


Bronte puts her glowing green baby to bed after a tumultuous day.


Shelley: “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!”


It’s a bit weird not having the grandparents around at the moment…

I hope Bronte lives a bit longer than her mothers did.

Anyway, Bronte decided to teach Shelley how to talk as it’s her day off and Ellis, not wanting to be left out, decided to join in the fun by playing with his toy car.


Not wanting her first born to feel neglect, Bronte decides to play with Ellis whilst Shelley goes off to discover the wonders of the hobby table.


She’s an artist. I can feel it in my bones.


Anyway, I decided to redecorate the kids’ bedroom as it was looking very drab and lacking a personality.


I combined the nautical theme from family fun stuff with the surfer themed stuff from teen style stuff to create this room.

Who knows, depending on if we have all girls or all boys in the next generation, the room might change.

*shrugs*


Whilst Ellis goes to school, Bronte spends her day listening to Shelley talk to her rabbit head.


Bronte: “How could you guys just leave me like this? Letting me rule this family without any support! At least I remember my grandmothers! Shelley won’t!”


Bronte: “You both abandoned me when I needed you!”


Bronte: “… I miss you so much.”


A cute pic of Shelley just being adorable. I love her so much.


Reappearance of Mr Penguin! We haven’t seen him since Yvonne and Andrea’s college days all the way at the start!


Bronte: “Well, look at that… a penguin.”


Bronte decides to spend her morning teaching Shelley a nursery rhyme she learnt when she was a kid.

Otis is keeping guard of the room.


This, ladies and gentlemen, is Uma McMillan and she is about to become someone very important to Ellis.


Best friends already!


Ellis: “Where is Shelley!?”


Ellis: “There she is!”


Shelley looks a bit baffled.


Ellis: “Peekaboo!”

Shelley: “Peekaboo!”


I can see her thinking, he keeps putting his hands over his eyes so maybe… I should do the same?


Only one last skill left!


Bronte: “C’mere, baby girl!”


Bronte: “You’re so clever!”

That was on her first try, folks. Shelley might just be a genius.


We interrupt this broadcast to report THAT THE TELESCOPE IS ON FIRE!


Sadly, the baby days are leaving us behind and it’s time for Shelley to reach childhood.


As always, Hardy and Lawrence are invited but only Hardy can be bothered to celebrate at the cake.


Shelley: “Pwetty!”


A 1, a 2, and a 1 2 3!


She’s cute, I might just love her as much as I love Bronte!


Not wanting to be outshone, Ellis also turns into a teenager!








Well… I wouldn’t have you wear that in my opinion. We can change your clothes later…

Ellis rolled Popularity with a LTW of having 20 simultaneous pet best friends.

Never happening, I’m glad I decided to make Shelley heiress.

Ellis also likes make up, red hair, and hates facial hair.


Cherry, hi, it’s been a while!


First day of high school for Ellis!


Aaand first day of elementary school for Shelley!


Having a day off, Bronte decided to call an old friend over for some company.


Ugh, him.

He now has two wants to marry both Bronte and Atwood.

Skeeze.


Oi oi, she may be an adult but I’d watch your hands, pal!





I have no words to comment here.


In other news, Shelley has an announcement.


Shelley: “I got an A+!”


And Ellis brought home Uma, who grew up with him (thanks Freetime!)


A little flirt-flirt here…


Some romantic interactions there…


I think he’s going in for his first kiss…


Aww yes!!


Ellis: “You, me, I think we’d make the perfect couple. Whaddaya say?”


Uma: “Yes of course!”


They’re in love!!


Hands up, who forgot that Wynne was a Hall of Famer!

*raises hand*

Sorry, Wynne. But it’s lovely to see you again.


Whatcha up to, Bronte?

Bronte: “I’m taking one last look at the nursery before it’s locked for the next generation.”

I bet you didn’t think you’d make it through.

Bronte: “I was so afraid and honestly, I still am. But those kids are amazing.”


Wynne: “How bizarre that my sister is dead and your eldest son is a teen and I’m still younger than you.”

Bronte: “Also how bizarre it is that you never get played.”


Wynne: “I wouldn’t trade it for mortality though.”

Bronte: “Sure.”


Ellis starts his first day at work.


Ellis: “Hey, are you ready to come fetch me like you said? I’ll meet you out front at 1, yeah?”


Shelley: “Ellis? Where are you going?”


Tut, tut.


He came back safe and sound anyway, no worries.


Wait… did I just get a notification that nature is your OTH?

Shelley: “You did, indeed!”

Nature, really… Well, that’s new!


Ellis is an overachiever! Woohoo!


Ellis: “Thank you for all of your lovin’!”

CopyRIGHTED MUSIC, ELLIS!

Thank You for All Your Loving – Elton John


*gasp*

Otis, no. You can’t be an elder just yet!

Next time: Bronte ages up and the kids go to college!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment