Thursday 10 October 2019

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 3, Chapter 1: You're Going to be Fine


Hello and welcome back to the Literal Booker legacy! We have finally reached generation 3!

A little recap because it’s been so long: Yvonne Booker, our founder, started the legacy with her wife Andrea Benson. Andrea and Yvonne had two girls, Wynne and Austen (named after Diana Wynne Jones and Jane Austen respectively).

Austen won heirship and started the second generation with her wife, Cherry Tan. Between them, Cherry and Austen birthed four sims: Bronte, Lawrence and Hardy, and Atwood (named after the Bronte sisters, D.H. Lawrence, Thomas Hardy, and Margaret Atwood).

Bronte was voted (which ended up in a tie and was ultimately chosen by me) heir and now we start her story!



Nice dress! It suits you.

Bronte: “Thank you. It’s so weird to be home again after so long.”

It’s also weirder knowing that you will die here too.

Bronte: “Well… when you put it like that I wish I hadn’t won heirship now.”


Cherry: “Bronte! It’s so lovely to see you! That dress is gorgeous.”

Bronte: “Hi Mom, is Mum in?”*

Cherry: “I think she’s inside somewhere…”

Bronte: “Thanks…”

*It’s at this point where having two generation of a double matriarch is catching up to me lmfao.


She’s also not alone! Hello Andrea!

Andrea: “You’ll be moving us soon, won’t you?”

Afraid so, when Bronte’s first kid comes.

Andrea: “I better take in the house whilst I can, then.”


Bronte: “I hope Mum’s decent when I walk in.”


Bronte: “Muuuum! It’s me, Bronte. I’m home!”


Austen: “Whew, don’t go in there.”

Bronte: “Well, this is a very lovely greeting after being away for so long.”


Austen: “Hi, honey! It’s so nice to have the house be somewhat full again.”

Bronte: “…Did you wash your hands?”


Bronte: “Do you think I should change my hairstyle?”

Me? You’re asking me?

Bronte: “Who else is in the room?”

Good question.


I think your hair suits you. You’ve had it for so long, I don’t think I could see any other style suiting you.

Bronte: “Huh… I guess I’ll keep it. As my trademark.”

Ha, yeah.


And thus, as heiress, Bronte looks for her LTW related job.

It took a couple of days but she got there eventually, beginning as Starter.


Cherry: “Oh my sweet Jesus no!”


Cherry: “Austen will kill me! This kitchen has never been set on fire!”

Never? Surely not…


Cherry: “It’s huge!”

Calm down, the fireman will be here soon.


Austen: “Do you hear screaming?”

Bronte: “If that’s your way of trying to distract me, it won’t work.”


Austen: “Now, I’m sure I can hear the fire alarm.”

Bronte: “It’s not working!”


Bronte’s first day of work! Welcome to the adult world.


But I’m sure you’ll love retirement, Austen enjoys playing her piano on her many days off.


Bronte: “It feels weird sleeping in the same parents my grandparents shared.”

I could change it for you, if you’d like?

Bronte: “I’ll think about it.”


Cherry: “The house is feeling very empty lately. I doubt Bronte will give us grandkids any time soon.”

What are you doing?


Oh! Cherry adopted another dog!


Aww! It’s Otis!


Bronte: “Aren’t you a sweetie pie?!”


Bronte: “Such a soft pup.”


Bronte, murmuring: “My bed is vibrating…”


Don’t be confused, Bronte did scold Otis for destroying her bed but then she felt really bad and gave him a belly rub instead.

She’s sending mixed signals, just like her grandmother.


Austen: “Ha ha! You stupid dog! I had the stick the whole time!”


Otis: “Ah, I see, this is how she plays the game.”


Ah, he’s so fluffy and cute I love him!


Austen throws the stick properly this time.


Bronte: “Look, Mum, I don’t want to sound ungrateful but you mentioned a surprise at my graduation. What is it?”

Austen: “Oh, alright, we were waiting until you reached the top of your career but… Your mother and I have decided to book you a trip to Twikki Island.”


Bronte: “Me? A trip? Alone?”

Austen: “Well, you don’t have a husband to take with you, so yes.”


Austen: “Maybe you’ll meet some handsome young man then and he might change your min-“

Bronte: “He won’t.”

Trust me, she’s rolled wants and fears all over the place about getting married.


Bronte: “But you’re serious. I’m going to Twikki Island?”


Austen: “Yes, you are! Whenever you’re ready just book the taxi and go. We’ll pay for everything.”


Bronte: “Welp, I’m off to Twikki Island!”

You literally didn’t even stop to say thank you.

Bronte: “I’ll thank them when I get back.”


Bronte: “Hello, my name is Bronte Booker, I believe my mothers’ booked me a three night stay here.”


Concierge: “Certainly, Miss Booker, just sign your name in the book there.”


Bronte: “I don’t suppose you do discounts for legacy sims, do you?”

Concierge: “No such thing.”

Bronte: “Shoot. Worth a chance.”


Bronte: “Dang, this place is drab… I can’t wait until I’m in charge of the household funds. I’m buying a villa on this island.”


Oh, I don’t know… The view is very lovely.


Bronte’s first stop: The beach.


Bronte: “Sweet tan, here I come!”


Bronte: “Gray, keep an eye out to see if any handsome young men with blond hair come by.”

Alright.


Well, no men so far and Bronte has bronzed up beautifully!


Bronte: “You know, as a kid, usually building a sandcastle is like the dream thing to do on a holiday. I don’t know why my mums never took us on vacation.”

Because there were four of you and a large age gap.

Bronte: “Before Atwood.”

Good point, I don’t know why they didn’t take you.


Firedancer: “You want to learn? You need to show me how good you are without the fire. Can you do this?”

Bronte: “Pfft, easy.”


Bronte: “Okay, not so easy!”


Bronte returns home that evening and enjoys a lobster dish whilst watching the ocean view.

I feel like you’re living the high life here.

Bronte: “I just wish my accommodation was a little swankier.”


LO AND BEHOLD WE HAVE A BLOND MAN!


Bronte works her magic on him.


So far so good!





Wh-where did he go!?

Bronte: “He just left.”

*sigh* Hopefully, we’ll get a chance to meet him again before your trip is over.


Oh well, it wasn’t to worry in the end. Bronte invited him back to her cabin late in the night.


I think you know how this goes, ha!


Bronte: “Sometimes, I wonder if I should be the one to carry on this family line… Hardy and his wife would have been better suited…”

Bronte, you’re going to be a fine heiress. I assure you.


She’s so pretty here, I couldn’t resist taking a photo.


Bronte spends her third day on the island taking a tour.


How was the tour?

Bronte: “You know… it was going really well and then I just suddenly started feeling really run down. I need a nap. Or six.”


Bronte: “Hi, I’d like to check out early please. I’m not feeling well and I want to go home.”


Concierge: “Certainly miss, just sign here.”


Bronte: “I think my parents will be okay with me cutting my holiday short.”

Are you okay? To leave paradise like this so suddenly.

Bronte: “I think I’m coming down with the flu.”

Have you been vomiting?

Bronte: “Strangely, no.”


Bronte: “Mummy, thank you for the trip!”

Austen: “Bronte, what are you doing home so early?!”


Bronte: “I don’t feel so well.”

Austen: “Maybe you should go take a rest. It could just be sunstroke.”


And so, Bronte takes a long nap in the quiet lounge.


Bronte: “I was hoping a bubble bath would make me feel better but it’s not working.”

That’s strange, it usually always works…


Bronte: “Gray! Gray!! Something is very, very wrong with me!”


*pop*

YOU’RE PREGNANT, BRONTE!

Bronte: “So, that’s why I was feeling so ill…”

And is the island man the father?

Bronte: “His name is Zeeshan Sims and yes, he is.”

Fingers crossed for a blond baby!


Are we gonna discuss the hair?

Bronte: “No.”

Not even a li-

Bronte: “No.”


Gearing herself up for motherhood, Bronte gives Otis a good bathing.


Apparently, Lawrence also stopped by.

Austen: “Listen son, this is how you do the cheer, okay?”


Lawrence & Austen: “Voo gerbits!”


Cherry: “Well, this feels like dĂ©jĂ  vu. It’s always me looking after the dogs.”


Bronte: “Whoa, who burnt the turkey?”

Cherry most likely.

Bronte: “Ah.”


Cherry: “Did you see that shooting star?”

Austen: “I didn’t have to, I’m looking at the brightest star in the world right now.”

Cherry: “Aw fjhdfkjs.”


Bronte: “I’m eating pie for seconds.”

Ah, that’s the pie Andrea made before she passed. *sniff*


Lawrence: “Well, you’ve certainly surprised me.”

Bronte: “Remember what you said to me? You asked if I was afraid of having kids because I’m a romance sim.”

Lawrence: “And?”

Bronte: “No fears about having a baby so far.”


Lawrence: “Well, I was wrong. I’m sorry.”

Bronte: “It’s okay, I think everyone was thinking it to some degree.”


Pop number 2! Generation 3 is so close!


Eee! You two are going to be grandparents!

Austen: “zzz… Buzz off, Gray… zzz.”

Rude.


Bronte: “Mum! Were you this big when you were pregnant with me?”

Austen: “Yes, I was!”

Bronte: “Want to feel my tummy?”


Austen: “I’m so happy you’re taking this big step, and I’m proud you’re doing it alone.”

Bronte: “I’m not alone, I have you guys.”


Austen: “Bronte, we won’t be around forever, eventually it’ll be just you.”

Bronte: “…Oh.”

Austen: “But I have faith you’re going to do magnificently.”


Bronte: “My baby’s gonna be a rock star!”


Hardy drops by for a visit!

Hardy: “Wow, you’re bigger than Lawrence said!”

Bronte: “Well, you definitely know how to make your sister feel special.”


And then Gabriel Green harasses Austen.


Austen, don’t cry, please!!

Gabriel: “All these legacy sims are the same!”


Austen: “So, with Bronte having her first baby, when are you and Veronica going to settle down.”

Hardy: “Soon, I promise. Soon.”


Cherry: “I’m going to teach this dog how to shake his paw.”

Look how patient he is. He’s so sweet. Have I said how much I love him?


Whatcha readin’?

Bronte: “A book on parenting. Wow, apparently at this stage, my baby has fingernails. Freaky.”

Yeah, wait till you read what’s on the next page…


Bronte: “BABIES DO WHAT TO MY BODY!?”

Yup.


After getting a big fright from her parenting book, Bronte decided to give Cherry a big compliment.

Bronte: “You know, when I saw you have Atwood, you made it look so easy but it wasn’t, was it?”

Cherry: “Sweetie, I know you’re frightened but you’ll be okay.”


Bronte: “Still, you’re the best.”

Cherry: “Well, thank you.”


Cherry: “Hello there little one! Your mother is going to be amazing!”


Bronte: “All I wanted to do was take the old paper to the recycling!”


Bronte: “OWWIEEE!!”

Austen: “I hate seeing my daughter in this much pain!”


Bronte: “Whoa, wait, something’s happening!”

Spin, Bronte, spin!


And here he is! The first member of the Booker 3rd generation. Unfortunately, Andrea’s recessive blonde genes did not make it back but I have faith that this baby carries it from both his father and his great-grandmother.


Anyway, welcome to the family Ellis Booker.

Ellis is named after Bret Easton Ellis, a postmodernist most famously known for American Psycho. He is also well-known for his debut novel: Less than Zero. And most recently: Lunar Parks and Imperial Bedrooms.


Bronte: “All this fuss just for a little you.”


Bronte: “Can you hold him, sorry, I have to get to work.”

You better get a promotion, Bronte!

(Spoiler, she did!)


Austen: “The last time I held someone as small as you really wasn’t that long ago but somehow the excitement of a new baby never goes away. You definitely have the Booker hair and eyes. I wonder how you’ll turn out.”


Austen: “I don’t know who his father is… but I hope he was handsome.”

He was cute, Austen. That’s all I’ll say.


As I mentioned previously, with Ellis’ arrival, Yvonne and Andrea and Jake get moved to the family graveyard.

Austen: “Momma, I’ll see you very soon.”


Austen: “Oh, hey, Gray, here to check out the gravestones?”

Gray: “And pay my respects of course.”


Bronte is such a natural with Ellis.

Does this remind anyone else of when Bronte was a teenager and she held Atwood for the first time?


Bronte: “I love you!”


Bronte: “And you’re all mine!”


We’ll end this chapter with a sweet moment as Bronte took a nap next to Ellis’ crib.

Next time: Ellis becomes a toddler, someone passes away, and a new baby is teased!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see an update love your style of writing, a lovely read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg, thank you so much! I'm going to try and update more frequently now <3

      Thank you for reading <333

      Delete